Options

Opinions on Oti, Gleb, Giovanni

Comments

• Options
    walnut699walnut699 Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, i must admit im in love with Gleb. What a handsome hunk of a man. He also seems very accomplished dance wise and i like his ChaChaCha choreography, and althought the Charleston was fun I wasn't a fan of it being a heavily swing based Charleston. Hopefully he'll stick to the traditional from now on.

Whilst Oti seems nice enough and very talented in the pro dances, she just isn't standing out yet tyeto me, that may be because Anthony has little personality and isn't very good so their dance are forgettable on the grand scheme of things. The Walt's choreography has some nice elements tho.

Giovanni's my least favourite of the three. He is arrogant and loves himself too much. Again his choreography isn't standing out dance die either.
  • Options
    marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally understand why I find Gleb so familiar. He is like the much more handsome, taller, fitter not to mention good dancer Rafa Nadal! (And that is coming from a huge Rafa fan!)
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really like Oti, think she is very watchable as a dancer (separate to her celeb) and trying her best to choreograph for someone that trains with one arm in a sling. Personality wise she seems fun.

Was worried the cheesy lothario thing would make Giovanni annoying, but think he's fine (as he's not as self loving as Vincent was, which despite being fun in the main, was tedious at times also). Dancing wise with Georgia I think he's done well enough so far, but needs to make sure she has belief in herself and compliments her now and then if she does things well (despite being reluctant to do this) so she can build confidence.

Find Gleb quite forgettable as a personality, but maybe he's just a quiet guy that gives off little humour and personality unless with trusted members. He generally seems polite which is lovely, but sometimes vacant looking. Thankfully not as moody as Artem sometimes seemed. Dancing wise, think he's done well enough with Anita so far (and could do well with her). She has plenty of spirit, is willing to learn and doesn't seem nervous, so he should run with that if she continues with that mindset.
  • Options
    Nicky_GardenovNicky_Gardenov Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This ^^

I really got the impression that Gleb was showboating far too much during the Charleston. When Anita wasn't being thrown around, and when Gleb wasn't doing his gymnastics, the stuff they did in hold was actually not that good.

It looks like Giovanni and Georgia are working well together as dancing partners - they seem well-suited and have good chemistry in the ballroom dances. Let's hope that spills over into the Latin.

The (scripted?) stuff about how handsome Gleb is - well, that's truly annoying. The one thing I really dislike about Strictly is when the "role" becomes more important than the dancing. Ben Cohen had the "Big Ben" moniker and ended up with that dreadful "in the gym" routine. Bad enough when it is aimed at the celebs - but NOT the professionals as well, please.

Of course - Giovanni is far better looking than Gleb anyhow ;-)

And Oti is a great addition. I was really keen to see what she and Antony would do, but his shoulder injury looks seriously debilitating. The "holding your jacket" arm pose can only go so far, and it looked appropriate in the waltz, but if it doesn't improve soon, there is only so long the judges can hold off commenting on top lines, arm extension and so on. I feel really sorry for them both - Oti is doing a good job choreographing dances to compensate. I just hope we can get to see what they can really do...

i agree with this Giovanni has really got good Chemistry with Georgia in their dances, can't wait for their rumba
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Gleb and OTi not keen on Giovanni, he seems a bit shifty
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Gleb and Oti but am still on the fence with Giovanni. He does seem to have a good rapport with Georgia and I loved watching him jive (though it was a shame he overshadowed his celeb quite so much ;-)). The waltz was fine, but I didn't really feeI it hung together as a whole. Stop-start, or something :confused:.

I think he's probably a bit of a gentle soul in reality, but they're trying a bit too hard to present him as an eyebrow wiggling Italian lothario, which I find a bit tiresome. I also think it's worth remembering he's best mates with Joanne, and I can just imagine the whole Clifton Massive giving him tips on how to stand out as a character....:blush:

Anyway, Giovanni is new to this, whilst Gleb and Oti have been on sister shows and probably come a bit more fully formed, so I'd give Giovanni lots of slack in his first year.

So sweaty though. :(
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been impressed by Gleb (choreography) and content and Oti for managing her partners issues.
  • Options
    ElanElan Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling Giovanni is very new to the Strictly experience and sometimes gets a bit nervous by the scripted stuff, and formats, maybe just me though as I like their partnership! Loved their jive.

I think Gleb will grow as he has more chance to shine and hopefully they back off with the 'Gleb love' as it's a bit too much! Although he is hot!

I think both Giovani and Gleb have something about them and Oti is beautiful. I had high hopes for her and Anthony, a successful sportsman with personality, but now it looks like his shoulder injury could really hold them back.

Enjoying watching all!
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Gleb and really liked his charleston choerography and Otille

Im not sure about Giovanni yet though
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really like all three of them - think they've been good signings and hopefully they will stick around.
  • Options
    Nicky_GardenovNicky_Gardenov Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really like all three of them - think they've been good signings and hopefully they will stick around.

i agree

Gleb - a good dancer

Oti - seems funny and she can dance

Giovanni - really a cool italian, and a good dancer and well matched Chemistry with Georgia :cool:
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to see familiar faces on SCD, but at the same time it's nice to see some fresh ones. And I am glad Joanne Clifton did not get a celeb this year, it's enough to have her there as a BTS gossip reporter :o
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    I like to see familiar faces on SCD, but at the same time it's nice to see some fresh ones. And I am glad Joanne Clifton did not get a celeb this year, it's enough to have her there as a BTS gossip reporter :o
    Awww.. I felt a bit sorry for her in the Clauditorium .. she looked awkward and that dress was hideous!

Really like Oti .. think I'll like Giovanni .. not sure about Gleb. Seems to only have eyes for himself and I'm already sick to death of them wittering on about his good looks.
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    I don't know if I need a visit to the optician but I don't get the hype over Gleb. He's an ok looking bloke but nothing to write home about,
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    I don't know if I need a visit to the optician but I don't get the hype over Gleb. He's an ok looking bloke but nothing to write home about,
    He looks good, especially from up close, but I would not call him drop-dead gorgeous. It was probably between him and Giovanni and he got the dubious pleasure. Maybe Giovanni is riding on the other bus :D
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Awww.. I felt a bit sorry for her in the Clauditorium .. she looked awkward and that dress was hideous!

Really like Oti .. think I'll like Giovanni .. not sure about Gleb. Seems to only have eyes for himself and I'm already sick to death of them wittering on about his good looks.

I see someone sent her a pretty mean tweet about being there despite not having a partner and Brendan called them out for it. I will never understand how people can be so carelessly mean on social media and just @ people with every mean thought in their head. It's just pathetic & mean to behave like that.
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giovanni .. does nothing for me. Bring back Vincent.
    Gleb .. people seem to have a real downer on him, I think he's alright, he's certainly brought the dancer out in Anita, and I think he handles all the comments about his looks very well, he doesn't play on them. And whatever anyone says, he Is very good looking.
    Oti ..oh my GOD, she is so sweet, so beautiful, so good .. can't praise her enough. Keep her!
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I have ever seen someone sweat as much as Giovanni does :o:confused: why does he sweat so much :confused:
    I like him better than Gleb this series.
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marinamau wrote: »
    I finally understand why I find Gleb so familiar. He is like the much more handsome, taller, fitter not to mention good dancer Rafa Nadal! (And that is coming from a huge Rafa fan!)

Thank goodness he doesn't share some of Rafa's, erm... on court habits :D
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gleb is spoiling Anita for me. That not looking at the camera before the dance was so cringeworthy.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Gleb is spoiling Anita for me. That not looking at the camera before the dance was so cringeworthy.

In the grand scheme of the dreadful skits we've to endure that didn't bother me that much, although I see how it's cringe alright.

He gives me the vibe of a Russian figure skater, loads of over the top drama and theatrics and I personally love that style but I know some purist types won't who are more into the footwork.

In terms of Otille I'd probably have more props for her with injured Anthony if I wasn't always thinking about Anya Garnis and Patrick Robinson because she did an amazing job with an injured Patrick back then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the grand scheme of the dreadful skits we've to endure that didn't bother me that much, although I see how it's cringe alright.

He gives me the vibe of a Russian figure skater, loads of over the top drama and theatrics and I personally love that style but I know some purist types won't who are more into the footwork.

In terms of Otille I'd probably have more props for her with injured Anthony if I wasn't always thinking about Anya Garnis and Patrick Robinson because she did an amazing job with an injured Patrick back then.

Was he injured? I don't remember that. (My memory is terrible though.)

Actually I thought Gleb looked the most attractive he's been tonight. Still not my type but that's irrelevant. I just hated that bit before the dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick one week injured his wrist and it was a Salsa where Anya had to adapt everything including lifts so he could do almost the whole thing with one hand. The injury happened that week which meant he didn't have a full week to learn the new routine Anya came up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s95zuw9IzLw

It is more difficult for Otilie because Anthony's problem is in the shoulder, at least Patrick could move everything but the wrist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patrick one week injured his wrist and it was a Salsa where Anya had to adapt everything including lifts so he could do almost the whole thing with one hand. The injury happened that week which meant he didn't have a full week to learn the new routine Anya came up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s95zuw9IzLw

It is more difficult for Otilie because Anthony's problem is in the shoulder, at least Patrick could move everything but the wrist.

Thank you. Yes I vaguely remember that.

Oti I feel really sorry for. She should have been given someone fully fit. Well in fact, Anthony shouldn't be in the competition. Next year or whenever he's fully fit would be more appropriate. He seems so nice and is obviosuly fit, so could go further than I reckon he will this year. A shame for him and Oti.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did the injury happen, like did he commit to the show carrying it and if so the producers should have been like "wait til next year",