EE Could innocent Max still get jail time?

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
I don't want this storyline to run to next October but if the truth does come out at Christmas could Max still get a sentence?

Don't forget he did escape the court and punched a cop so innocent or not could that still be an offence and tonight it was said that he got an extra 12 months for doing that so maybe he will still have to serve that time.

Comments

• SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    I don't want this storyline to run to next October but if the truth does come out at Christmas could Max still get a sentence?

Don't forget he did escape the court and punched a cop so innocent or not could that still be an offence and tonight it was said that he got an extra 12 months for doing that so maybe he will still have to serve that time.

While Jake Wood is taking a year out of the soap, they will probably just leave the character in prison for the next year for punching a cop and doing a runner.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    While Jake Wood is taking a year out of the soap, they will probably just leave the character in prison for the next year for punching a cop and doing a runner.

If it means the storyline ends then I'll be happy with that.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,173
    Forum Member

He would still have to serve the time for his escape, yes.

I don't think the truth is going to come out before next year though. In fact i'm not even sure it will come out then. There are other ways he could win an appeal - it could come out that the jury was nobbled as one obvious thing. The verdict would then be declared null and void, there would be another trial and he could be found 'Not Guilty' at that one and by the time that happened, he would have been inside long enough to have served the evasion sentence.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He has already been in the Chokey for some time and this all counts towards his sentence. By the time he is released he will have served his 12 months.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

I don't think the truth is going to come out before next year though. In fact i'm not even sure it will come out then. There are other ways he could win an appeal - it could come out that the jury was nobbled as one obvious thing. The verdict would then be declared null and void, there would be another trial and he could be found 'Not Guilty' at that one and by the time that happened, he would have been inside long enough to have served the evasion sentence.

I think that's why Phil paying that guy was put in so they can keep the story going and get max out when Jake returns in 12 months.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,173
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I think that's why Phil paying that guy was put in so they can keep the story going and get max out when Jake returns in 12 months.

Yes, i agree.

It gives them an obvious appeal without having the real killer revealed.
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

I highly doubt he would, considering it would have been proven that he was innocent, they would probably just have his sentence time as sentence served and be freed, punching a cop gets you arrested but it does not get you 12 months in prison
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I expect Max to remain in prison until he returns next year. However I think the truth will come out before then but he will remain in prison for doing a runner.
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a good way of them to keeper away. The storyline can end before Jake Wood is scheduled to return, yet he still has the time left to serve for escaping custody. How lucky is it that his sentence for escaping just so happens to end when Jake Wood is meant to return.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    I think it's a good way of them to keeper away. The storyline can end before Jake Wood is scheduled to return, yet he still has the time left to serve for escaping custody. How lucky is it that his sentence for escaping just so happens to end when Jake Wood is meant to return.

That's what I thought when Carol said he got 12 months for running I knew instantly that the storyline will end long before next year.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought if Bobby was revealed as the killer Max would be out before 12 months, a defence lawyer would argue stress and shock etc for his behaviour and his sentence would probably be reduced to time already served on remand and after conviction. But then that wouldn't fit the year off .