Options

Lost: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]

Comments

• Options
    hazy-dayshazy-days Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said already but the company releasing the DVD/Blu-Ray have confirmed we will be getting the same boxset as the US. Only it will be a limited edition and released in October (I'm talking about the one with the ankh etc...).

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/08/lost-complete-collection-blu-ray-going.html

No doubt it will be crazy expensive but those wanting the extras can at least get them now without spending money on two sets.

Can't wait as I'm really looking forward to starting it all over again.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    hazy-days wrote: »
    I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said already but the company releasing the DVD/Blu-Ray have confirmed we will be getting the same boxset as the US. Only it will be a limited edition and released in October (I'm talking about the one with the ankh etc...).

No doubt it will be crazy expensive but those wanting the extras can at least get them now without spending money on two sets.

that's terrible just rip of the brits bastards well they can screw themselves mine comes on the 26th-27th £160 with all the extras.
  • Options
    cassiopeacassiopea Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the ending did not provide what we needed to finish it all off - but I'm unsure what would have done that.

The ending concluded the final season nicely but it felt as if so much of what had gone before was a waste of time .

I will watch it all for a second time in the next year or two but only time will decide how history remembers this revolutionary show

Something to tie up the science loose ends would have been nice. We can but theorise over their intentions in a lot of cases.
  • Options
    terryranosaurusterryranosaurus Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazy-days wrote: »

While the disc content will be the same , the boxset released in the US is completely different to the UK one.

Take a look at the images to see the difference
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While the disc content will be the same , the boxset released in the US is completely different to the UK one.

Take a look at the images to see the difference

The rumoured October limited edition box set hazy-days refers to is in addition to the much maligned September box set.

The box set released in October will be the same one as the US box apparently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    The rumoured October limited edition box set hazy-days refers to is in addition to the much maligned September box set.

The box set released in October will be the same one as the US box apparently.

Not listed on Play or Amazon and most unlikely I would have thought.
    Is there a link ?

If they are going to release the US boxset why not do it when they release the complete set .

2 different complete boxsets?

If it appears in the UK I would expect it to replace the current listing , not be in addition to.

Unaware consumers finding a better boxset just one month later would not be happy .

Hat at the ready for consumption

Edit- the link in the earlier posts is to a forum post that is 2 weeks old .
    It hints at the limited edition box being exclusive to certain retailers.
    It does not clarify if its dvd , bluray or both.

As its supposedly 2 week old news I would have thought we would know about it by now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there a link ?

If they are going to release the US boxset why not do it when they release the complete set .

If it appears in the UK I would expect it to replace the current listing , not be in addition to.

Unaware consumers finding a better boxset just one month later would not be happy .

Hat at the ready for consumption

Edit- the link in the earlier posts is to a forum post that is 2 weeks old .
    It hints at the limited edition box being exclusive to certain retailers.
    It does not clarify if its dvd , bluray or both.

As its supposedly 2 week old news I would have thought we would know about it by now

it was only updated a week ago and its confirmed

I am pleased to confirm that we are releasing this title as a limited edition in October 2010 this will have all the products you have mentioned in your email.

I will try to advise you which retailers will stock this product closer to the time.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me again.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a link ?

Marketing. We're not likely to see anything adverstised on Amazon etc until after the standard box set has been released in September. Otherwise no one would bother buying the September box set.

Do they care? This is Disney we're talking about here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Order mine on play. Probably just watch one ep a week.
  • Options
    purpletoonlinkpurpletoonlink Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I hope the special features dedicate some lovin' to Michael Giacchino, who IMO gives 'Lost' half of it's emotional gravitas.

Here's the score from the end of 'The End'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nfloYaf9YQ

Gorgeous. Such a talented man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Complete-Seasons-Premium-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZYDMYE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1282606483&sr=8-1

everyone cancel your pre orders. its usa version cheaper but comes out on October 11 why hell would they do this ?

Mine from amazon.com has been shipped a day early so will becoming some time tues-wednesday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Complete-Seasons-Premium-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZYDMYE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1282606483&sr=8-1

everyone cancel your pre orders. its usa version cheaper but comes out on October 11 why hell would they do this ?

Mine from amazon.com has been shipped a day early so will becoming some time tues-wednesday

Are you going to send it back for a refund?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you going to send it back for a refund?

No Iam not waiting to october when only payed £10 extra and get it on tuesday or wednesday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to this the whole US box set is coded region A.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Lost-The-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray-Review/7330

So they did do new pressings of the discs, just not in the good way!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to this the whole US box set is coded region A.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Lost-The-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray-Review/7330

So they did do new pressings of the discs, just not in the good way!

They didn't bother for seasons 1-5 last year but perhaps they wanted a uniform offering.

The original region locked seasons 3 and 4 don't have DTS sound and season 3 does not have season play either.

The UK season 3 was spread over one more disc than the US set.

I guess this means the season 6 set is locked too
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The individual season six blu ray set is unlocked. It says A on the back but is region free.

So I'm not sure why everything would be A in the complete collection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The individual season six blu ray set is unlocked. It says A on the back but is region free.

So I'm not sure why everything would be A in the complete collection.

So they have pressed locked discs for the boxset and separate region free discs for the individual season set ?

Curiouser and curiouser
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they have pressed locked discs for the boxset and separate region free discs for the individual season set ?

Curiouser and curiouser

If that review is correct, then yes. I thought it was certain they'd throw in discs from the individual sets and put them in the complete collection. Why they bothered pressing new discs of all of them is strange. It's not like any of them have been given new bonus features either. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that review is correct, then yes. I thought it was certain they'd throw in discs from the individual sets and put them in the complete collection. Why they bothered pressing new discs of all of them is strange. It's not like any of them have been given new bonus features either. :confused:

I could understand another pressing for season 3 and 4 as they had no DTS sound (on the US discs) but for there to be separate pressings of season 6 for the boxset seems very strange - and very unlikely too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the set has an A symbol on it and the reviewer believed that meant that everything in the set is region A. The individual season six set has an A on the back but I have it and it plays perfectly on my player.

Other than that, I agree with his review.
    He is right in regards to a Locke and Claire deleted scene where she refuses to kill for him, angrily tells him to just break "the rules" and he abandons her. It would have set up her attitude in the finale much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    His a video showing everything http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaf8jZttjlg and a secret blu ray disc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the set has an A symbol on it and the reviewer believed that meant that everything in the set is region A. The individual season six set has an A on the back but I have it and it plays perfectly on my player.

All the US sets are labelled A.
    It seems odd that the reviewer would be so specific about the individual sets being a mix of region free /region coded without actually testing them but it does appear as if thats what may have happened.

The chances of 2 versions of season 6 is very low.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got mine today as presumed did not get checked customs so only ended up paying £10 more. The secret disc has some really good extras. I would not found that unless I saw the review. If you huge lost fan I would wait for this one If Cant play region locked blu rays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the October UK release will have the hidden disc. As the packaging still looks different to the US one.

What is on the secret disc anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the October UK release will have the hidden disc. As the packaging still looks different to the US one.

What is on the secret disc anyway?

Alot of stuff I thought it would just be few extras adding up to hour but I think its like 3-4 hours of bonus stuff I have only watched Letting Go Reflections of the Six Year Journey i think its called its thats about 40mins and daniel dae kim is just flying around telling us about all the experiences he has had over years working on lost.