Bit early isn't it?

RK not going to be around? :confused:
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Bit early isn't it?

RK not going to be around? :confused:

Well to be fair it isn't law that RK starts the episode thread.
    But it's still a bit early though.
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair it isn't law that RK starts the episode thread.
    But it's still a bit early though.

No you are right about that :)

However it just seems the OP wants to be the creator of the official thread

AND

I do believe all the regular corrie posters have agreed to post in RK's thread as per so they may only be a few who post in this thread. Anybody who does post about corrie episodes does so in RK's so presumably that won't change for this week :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why, what's so special about RK?
    Does something spectacular happen when they copy and paste the episode synopsis and say Discuss Here! at the end?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay lets discuss the epi.... oh.... I don't see corrie on my TV D:
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Does something spectacular happen when they copy and paste the episode synopsis and say Discuss Here! at the end?

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:rolleyes: he's always started the corrie threads. Nobody else who posts in them ever starts them unless asked or in emergency cases. Do you honestly believe they're going to start posting in somebody elses thread? It's the way of things, just is :)

it's the same gang who post in the daily. They have a rota where 5 of them have thread posting duty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes: he's always started the corrie threads. Nobody else who posts in them ever starts them unless asked or in emergency cases. Do you honestly believe they're going to start posting in somebody elses thread? It's the way of things, just is :)

it's the same gang who post in the daily. They have a rota where 5 of them have thread posting duty.

:rolleyes: Wow...I don't even know how to respond to that.

Except to say that RK hasn;t ALWAYS posted Corrie threads...not for the 6 years Ive been posting anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member

So basically, there's a gang mentality amongst a clique of people over who starts the episode discussion threads and, if you aren't in the clique, then you're not allowed to start the thread?

How childish.

Anyone can start the episode threads. To suggest otherwise is against the rules set out by the moderators.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So basically, there's a gang mentality amongst a clique of people over who starts the episode discussion threads and, if you aren't in the clique, then you're not allowed to start the thread?

How childish.

Thanks, I thought I was being stupid and missing something. The words cliquey and juvenile were in my head, glad I'm not the only one
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I think maybe we should get back on topic here guys.. I mean, even if it doesn't get used as the episode thread, we could put what we think will happen here etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: Wow...I don't even know how to respond to that.

Except to say that RK hasn;t ALWAYS posted Corrie threads...not for the 6 years Ive been posting anyway

Well you do know how because you just did :rolleyes:

no not always but recently he's been the only one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now now. lets not get silly!

Theres allowed to be 2 threads, people will reply to whichever they choose to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How childish.

Anyone can start the episode threads. To suggest otherwise is against the rules set out by the moderators.

I or no one else ever said that people can't start the threads, I just said that anybody who posts in them regularly will post in the one started by RK. Therefore anybody else who joins in will post in the main thread. What's the point in 50 odd corrie episode discussions? Just follow the herd and join the most popular thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I or no one else ever said that people can't start the threads, I just said that anybody who posts in them regularly will post in the one started by RK. Therefore anybody else who joins in will post in the main thread. What's the point in 50 odd corrie episode discussions? Just follow the herd and join the most popular thread

But why...if there's already one there, what's the difference? I'm genuinely confused as to why regulars would refuse to post in any that arent started by RK :confused:

Besides, any threads that appear after this one will probably just get merged in by the mods.
  • Options
    Forum Member

BIB - exactly. So RK and their cronies can follow the herd into this thread, as it's already been started :)
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started an episode thread on Friday which was completely ignored. About half an hour later Rita's Kabin's thread popped up and away it went with the regulars.

I've been on a steep learning curve this week - feels hard to settle in here with all of the cliques and groups.

Just a shame really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I started an episode thread on Friday which was completely ignored. About half an hour later Rita's Kabin's thread popped up and away it went with the regulars.

I've been on a steep learning curve this week - feels hard to settle in here with all of the cliques and groups.

Just a shame really.

You should've clicked the "alert" button in RK's thread - they would've merged it into yours if you send the mods the link :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Just a shame really.

Yeah I noticed that. I pointed out (politely) to everyone on the thread that a thread already existed...but that was ignored. No one replied!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't actually think it really matters - people are going to post where they want - that' why at times, there can be about 10 different threads on the same thing - it's not life or death really.

That's why i kinda like the Hollyoaks thread - i mean, sure there's others, but most(if not nearly all) is kept in the one thread - it's much easier - that's why i would love to see a subform for each show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've been on a steep learning curve this week - feels hard to settle in here with all of the cliques and groups.Just a shame really.

I Find that Bit Totally Untrue i'm a regular poster on the corrie thread and from my experience when i first started the regulars on it are the most friendliest and laid back people on ds and as for the thread starter thing i think another poster said it we are just creatures of habit and we are totally used to RK starting of the Corrie thread but seriously if just post regular on the threads and you'll see for yourself we're all quite welcoming!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I Find that Bit Totally Untrue i'm a regular poster on the corrie thread and from my experience when i first started the regulars on it are the most friendliest and laid back people on ds and as for the thread starter thing i think another poster said it we are just creatures of habit and we are totally used to RK starting of the Corrie thread but seriously if just post regular on the threads and you'll see for yourself we're all quite welcoming!

I love how people with 2010 and 2009 join dates are going on about being creatures of habit and 'this is how it happens around here and always has' kind of talk.

It's simply not true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you still arguing about this? The reason this thread won't be used, will because it's been locked for going way way off topic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ Wallo acting all high and mighty :rolleyes::D

On a side note: I read a comment somewhere saying carla loses an arm, I had to laugh at that :D Do people just make this stuff up now?