Options

When does iPlayer 30 Days actually start?

Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
Forum Member
As title, BBC say they are making it so programs are on iPlayer for 30 days but I'm still seeing 7 day programs added??

Comments

• Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it already had started, but I am seeing the same as you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    As title, BBC say they are making it so programs are on iPlayer for 30 days but I'm still seeing 7 day programs added??

It has already started, where they have the rights, shows are up for 30 days. But they don't always have the rights to do so, so obviously those shows go up for as long as they can (generally 7 days).
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this too. I'm disappointed that Not Going Out is only on for seven days.
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carguy143 wrote: »
    I noticed this too. I'm disappointed that Not Going Out is only on for seven days.
    Write to Avalon television ......
    A good one to write to as they also manage the talent .....
    http://www.avalonuk.com/corporate
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »

Gutted about this, due to other recording conflicts I decided to drop Not Going Out and Citizen Khan to watch on iPlayer in the knowledge that I've got 30 days available.
    So it seems I now cannot catch up on Not Going Out other than the latest episode which expires tomorrow, but can still watch Episode 3 of Citizen Khan as there's 13 days still available.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of the deals were probably done before the ’30 day catch up’ was put in place, and therefore just include the standard ‘7 day catch up’ agreement. Specifically programmes not made directly by the BBC (such as Not Going Out). I suspect over time more and more programmes will be available for the full 30 days, but this will take time to filter through to the majority of programmes.
    In the meantime, don’t automatically assume something will be available for the full 30 days.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    ^Yeah, unless it's actually made by the BBC (and if it is, there'll be a BBC logo in the title sequence somewhere or it'll fade in and out at the start of the programme).
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info guy, was specifically Not Going Out i was annoyed at, as I missed episode 6.