Options

Oscar Predictions 2011

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think there is any chance of Winona Ryder getting a supporting nom for Black Swan? Her scenes, while scarce really made an impression on me.

I hope she makes a comeback now.

No, if any actress from Black Swan is nominated in the supporting category, it will be Mila Kunis.

I actually think Natalie Portman will win the Best Actress award for the film. And they should just give the Best Actor award to Colin Firth right now. He's a lock, imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I think Inception will sweep the technicals but loose out to the King's Speech and Social Network in the acting and best pictures.
    I would love to see Toy Story get best picture but I cannot see it beating any of the three films I've mentioned.
  • Options
    shauryashaurya Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    i guess the movie Inception or Resident or may be saw 3D should be nominated , although i want them to win too !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say Best Director for Nolan wouldn't be an absolute shock. There's not much competition for Original Screenplay so he should do ok there. No chance of best picture though. It doesn't look like an Inception clean sweep of the acting categories is on either:D

I would say The Social Network is more likely for picture and given the age of the average Oscar voter, I'd put King's Speech ahead of it as well. I don't think a film as weak on the acting front as Inception was could ever really win best picture given how many actors/actresses there are among the voters. hopefully Colin Firth will win for actor this year (could have got it last year actually). Hope the voters don't decide to "go american" and stiff him again.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revans9 wrote: »
    I would say Best Director for Nolan wouldn't be an absolute shock. There's not much competition for Original Screenplay so he should do ok there. No chance of best picture though. It doesn't look like an Inception clean sweep of the acting categories is on either:D

I would say The Social Network is more likely for picture and given the age of the average Oscar voter, I'd put King's Speech ahead of it as well. I don't think a film as weak on the acting front as Inception was could ever really win best picture given how many actors/actresses there are among the voters. hopefully Colin Firth will win for actor this year (could have got it last year actually). Hope the voters don't decide to "go american" and stiff him again.

Nolan won't win Best Director for Inception even though he fully deserves it. David Fincher will win instead, he's 'due' an Oscar and since Social Network will inevitably be nominated so many times he will take the Best Director prize. But to be honest both deserve that accolade.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Nolan won't win Best Director for Inception even though he fully deserves it. David Fincher will win instead, he's 'due' an Oscar and since Social Network will inevitably be nominated so many times he will take the Best Director prize. But to be honest both deserve that accolade.

Nolan is just as due an Oscar than Fincher, to a lot of people Nolan has made 7 consecutive good - fantastic films (even Insomnia lthough undoubtely his worse was better than the most crap released). Fincher has made a couple more but a lot would agree he made a few stinkers (Benjamin Button, Alien 3)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    shaurya wrote: »
    i guess the movie Inception or Resident or may be saw 3D should be nominated , although i want them to win too !

Saw 3D....really?