Britney Spears crowned greatest solo artist of all time!

2»

Comments

• tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laughable award.
    Spears has been a bad joke for years.
    Simply should not be in show business any longer due to her problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Wow almost 15 years after her debut back in 1998 and Ms Britney Spears is still the most powerful and popular artist in music. It just goes to show that she has emense staying power and will ultimately go down down as one of the greatest artists and entertainers of all time.

Britney Spears has that special something that some may call the 'X' factor, you can't teach it, you can't buy it.... you either got it or you don't and Britney has IT.

Britney misses something important, a voice and musical abilities. Bouncing around and singing full playback is ridiculous and has nothing to do with music. Britney is just another example for the downfall of the music industry. 30 years ago talentless people like Britney would never got a record deal.
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it were up to me, Britney would be so far down the list of great vocalists that we would never get to her. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

God bless you and my favorites always!!! :):):)

Holly

P.S. To me, Alison Krauss and LeAnn Rimes are the best female vocalists. James Otto is the best male. :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney misses something important, a voice and musical abilities. Bouncing around and singing full playback is ridiculous and has nothing to do with music. Britney is just another example for the downfall of the music industry. 30 years ago talentless people like Britney would never got a record deal.

Many did in the 60s and 70s. I think you're forgetting the terrible disposable pop of those periods and since the charts began.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should be embarrassed by this.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Many did in the 60s and 70s. I think you're forgetting the terrible disposable pop of those periods and since the charts began.

The singers still had to be able to hold a tune, no matter how awful the song. There was no alternative. Autotune didn't exist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most amusing thing i've heard so far in 2013... Britney Spears? An Artist. Puppet more like.

Average singer, average dancer... can't play and sure as hell can't write.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnMS3RkQL98

Take a seat
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    89%?! Did the Britney Spears Fan Club all get together and vote or something?

Christina was better imho. More naturally gifted and flexible with what she could do. Britney was too much of a brand. Not her fault of course. But greatest solo artist of all time? Come on! That's taking the p**s. Bowie deserves that title more than Britney.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hitting a few notes on a Piano? She can sod off with her CD player.
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must have been decided by people who have no idea about music at all. LOL
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitting a few notes on a Piano? She can sod off with her CD player.
    To be fair the end of the video showed a degree of talent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    The singers still had to be able to hold a tune, no matter how awful the song. There was no alternative. Autotune didn't exist.
    Reverb did, though. It's amazing what that can do to a tuneless voice ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member

That's just awful, every 5 year old kid in music schools plays better than Britney.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's greater then Michael Jackson as if!
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    Woo go Britney! :D
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo go Britney! :D

Yes. Please do.
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ''Move Over Justin Bieber! Britney Spears Crowned The Greatest Solo Artist of all Time''.....funniest headline I've ever read :D:D