Options

Trollied Series 4

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another show ruined by cast departures

Wonder why Jane Horrocks left. She couldn't of been that bored after three years.
    Series 3 was quite poor, maybe she felt she would get out before it got any worse. Julie as a character was a bit of a spent force I think and had a good ending last Christmas with her promotion to manager.

It will be interesting how the new deputy manager fits in next week.
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member

Wonder why Jane Horrocks left. She couldn't of been that bored after three years.

Three years is quite a long time for an actor to stay with the same series; especially a successful one like Jane Horrocks. I think she probably had become bored with playing Julie, who had gone from being a believably uptight ambitious woman with an unrequited crush on her manager, to a bit of a nutcase.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have access to Sky One at the moment but I knew the series was due to start. After reading this I think I'll leave it! Series three really was trash so I think I'll give this a miss
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed it and was glad to see the back of Jane Horrocks and that horrible woman playing Gavins girlfriend (Hooolie!! agghhh!!)

I agree Stephen Thomkinson is just playing Mark Addys part as a Pharmacist and I think he will play off Margaret brilliantly. :D:D
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah well, no point in wondering any more if the Miriam Margoyles character was going to be promoted. Thanks for that.

Margoyles is totally miscast. I'm surprised she's interested in a programme like this.

It showed him in the 'next week' clip at the end of the first episode. Hardly a spoiler! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I did laugh a few times but only watched series 1 so this felt a bit new.
    But some of the jokes grew tedious.
    Liked Miriam Margoyles
  • Options
    loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh although I knew Joel fry aka Leighton had left I didn't miss him on screen shame tho as would have been hilarious watching gavin training him as assistant manager I job im sure he would love to do
  • Options
    jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed the first episode, far better than Series 3. Not sure about Colin's gran and the more family-friendly humour though.

I'd imagine Leighton's departure will be alluded to as the series goes on, finally permanently fired no doubt.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Besides Colin & Lisa, I found the rest of the cast Annoying, irritating & I wanted to punch that old fat woman in the face.
    The Chemist guy has potential I think & I did laugh a few times but I don't think I'll continue to watch it every week.
    It has just gotten too silly for my liking
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Have to agree with someone else said about Jack Carroll. I found he was just doing the act he did from BGT. I didnt find him funny at all. I'm glad that sue & Linda are still in and doing customer service desk. And also Colin and Lisa. They are hilarious together. Also Lisa didn't seem as "dirty/greasy" in this episode. Going to miss the banter between her and Katie though.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    It showed him in the 'next week' clip at the end of the first episode. Hardly a spoiler! :p
    I don't watch these bits as I don't want to know what happens in programmes before I watch them. However, I had a quick look and all you saw was about 5 clips from next week, a couple that included some of the new faces. At no point did it say here is the new assistant manager.

The soap forum is now unreadable because of folk revealing what's happening next. This one's heading in the same direction unfortunately.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They needed to give Margaret someone to work with as she did with Andy so pairing her up with Stephen Tomkinson's character on the pharmacy might work well, however I wasn't over keen on Rose at all. Jack Carroll just seemed to be doing his "act".

I didn't miss Leighton, I felt he had just become annoying in the last series and lost some of his charm, however it is a pity they didn't mention where he had gone, he loved Valco why would he leave?

Hmm these are my thoughts too. I like Margaret and I think her lack of awareness and down to earth nature make her the perfect pairing for the pharmacist - he could be a good addition. Not sure about Rose though or the Jack Carroll character. I will watch again though.
    I disliked the story of giving Colin promotion as it was ridiculous and provided the opportunity for more uncomfortable scenes showing workplace bullying. The turn off of Trolled for me has been when nasty and/or lazy characters get to make weaker ones look silly and overuse power. The same happened when Colin/Lisa used to pick on Leighton, I did not like watching it and I hope the first episode was the only one featuring Colin as manager and abusing a position of power with those not able to fight back. Yes I know it is entertainment but there are better ways and better characters to do that.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Didn't like MM's character at all. I hope she's not going to be overly annoying in each episode.

I did think it was good that Colin got promoted for the day but I thought they could have done more with the storyline, maybe having him stressed out having responsibility.

The pharmacy is good. He's like Andy but more depressed :D

Seems they've just stuck Nev in the butchers as there's nothing else. He could have teamed up with someone on the ciggy counter.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Nights show showed how un realistic the show is.

Both Rose & Charlie in real life would have been suspended or sacked

You wouldnt be able to give customers free products, even if you are the owners child, If your dad owned a Supermarket Chain, why would you be working there, Surely you would get shown how to work the chip and pin.

Rose should not have talked to customers like she did, and she talks to Gavin and Daniel like she owns the place

Margaret again aaved the show, even though you could have guessed her buzzy hip, was her phone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights was just awful. So Rose is going to be the same every week. Horrific. The owner and daughter were both awful characters. It's definitely lost it completely now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose is horrible. By the sounds of it, this is what the character will be like, dont really see thevpmoint of her.

Charlie the owners daughter, another character not really needed.

Colin & Lisa arent even funny anymore.

Margaret & Brian, I like them, even though it was obvious what her Buzzy Hip was.

With the move to 8:30, I guess it has to be cleaner.

May e towards the end of the series, Gavin should get the call, saying due to lack of trade we are closing the branch down.

Final scene could show Gavin turning off the lights.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where's katie gone I liked her and Leighton have they both left this series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Nights show showed how un realistic the show is.
    I know it's not meant to be taken too seriously but the most unrealistic scenario was last week. Rose is obviously meant to be suffocatingly close to Colin yet, given his surprise at seeing her in the new starters group, she apparently never bothered to tell him she was starting work in the same place as him! Hmmm...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »

Yeap, im surprised the actor who plays Gavin has lasted so long
  • Options
    Kris77Kris77 Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    james_W85 wrote: »

Did Katie not eventually get together with Kieran and they left together?
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights was just awful. So Rose is going to be the same every week. Horrific. The owner and daughter were both awful characters. It's definitely lost it completely now.
    I agree. outrageous characters are fine as long they are amusing and script is funny, more of an ordeal sitting through first episode, wont be watching anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch these bits as I don't want to know what happens in programmes before I watch them. However, I had a quick look and all you saw was about 5 clips from next week, a couple that included some of the new faces. At no point did it say here is the new assistant manager.

The soap forum is now unreadable because of folk revealing what's happening next. This one's heading in the same direction unfortunately

If mentioning that an actor from Dr Who being cast as the new deputy manager in this frankly appalling comedy (this weeks was dire) has spoiled things for you then I apologise, didn't think it was a problem myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's easy to see now why Jane Horrocks left. The last series was dreadful and she likely suspected that trend would continue so jumped ship. She would have been right too, far too good an actress to put her name to this drivel. If next weeks is as bad as this weeks then I won't be watching again.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't find episode 2 on Sky catch-up although from the comments on here it really doesn't look like I missed a great deal.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I can't find episode 2 on Sky catch-up although from the comments on here it really doesn't look like I missed a great deal.
    It's there in the search for me.
    If it's not for you then go through the Catch-Up section.