Options

I can't take Callum seriously as a bad boy - he's too camp

Comments

• Options
    martin2345ukmartin2345uk Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Ok if he's becoming permanent where will he live? I'm guessing he will work at the factory in a suit soon.

Well his job choices are limited... Kal's gym maybe?? Rovers??
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I find him intensely annoying. If he was a nice person, I might appreciate his good looks, but I really dislike the character and the actor hams it up too much.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't take Callum seriously as a bad boy - he's too camp. He'd be more suited as Todd's new love interest

Exactly what I thought. Mincing around and gurning - Callum is about as scary and believable as a drug dealer as a blancmange. I see the twit is still in it this week - er WHY???:o
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callum is fit :p
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Not convinced by the actor's suitability for the role nor the character. He's a pretty bland and unintimidating "bad boy" and is poor compared to the current batch of soap bad boys at the moment.

What I don't get is why every bad boy has to be rugged and "hot" all the time in every soap. I'd like to see a Grant Mitchell style bad boy who actually looks and acts the part, rather than a pretty boy trying too hard to play tough. Corrie should've brought back the loan shark who terrorised Joe McIntryre, and who now plays Trevor Royle in Hollyoaks.

Grant Mitchell is a right fairy.

As intimidating as Delboy in Only fools and horses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    I like him. I'm glad he's sticking around. Wonder how they'll have him fit in as a regular though.

I like him too.
    You dont have to look like a gorilla to be intimidating ?
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grant Mitchell is a right fairy.

As intimidating as Delboy in Only fools and horses.

As opposed to the "hardman" that is Callum, right? ;-)

:D You have to be joking surley? Whilst I expect to read differing views, that's pushing it :p. Whether you found him intimidating or not, I'd say he was still 10x more scary than your average pretty boy playing tough guy these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As opposed to the "hardman" that is Callum, right? ;-)

:D You have to be joking surley? Whilst I expect to read differing views, that's pushing it :p. Whether you found him intimidating or not, I'd say he was still 10x more scary than your average pretty boy playing tough guy these days.

Grant Mitchell is a pretend gangster. All mouth and no trousers.

I'd be more intimidated by Callum as I know people like him and they dont neccessarily use their fists to get what they want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grant Mitchell is a pretend gangster. All mouth and no trousers.

I'd be more intimidated by Callum as I know people like him and they dont neccessarily use their fists to get what they want.

All mouth and no trousers? Have you seen the savage beatings he handed out to characters such as Phil Mitchell and Eddie Royle in the 90s? I would say he always backs up his words with ruthless violence.
    Your description fits more in line with Callum to be honest as he's done nothing but run his mouth and behave like a wannabe gangster.

I wouldn't be. And I doubt many of the folks on this thread would be intimidated by Callum either going by the responses. Grant would squash someone like Callum I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All mouth and no trousers? Have you seen the savage beatings he handed out to characters such as Phil Mitchell and Eddie Royle in the 90s? I would say he always backs up his words with ruthless violence.
    Your description fits more in line with Callum to be honest as he's done nothing but run his mouth and behave like a wannabe gangster.

I wouldn't be. And I doubt many of the folks on this thread would be intimidated by Callum either going by the responses. Grant would squash someone like Callum I'm afraid.

Nah...I'd be more frightened of his mam.

He's just a fat gonk.
  • Options
    auddemauddem Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    He sounds like the DJ Nick Grimshaw .

How can he be staying as a regular if Kylie has done off with him and wont be in it for a few months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't you be a bad boy if you are camp ?

What about mass murderer Denis Nilson ?
    Ever heard his voice ?
  • Options
    england66england66 Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him too.
    You dont have to look like a gorilla to be intimidating ?

Exactly, I actually think callum is more of a realistic choice in a "bad boy drug dealer". He's the kind of guy you see in real life on a normal estate unlike characters like grant mitchell etc.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    england66 wrote: »
    Exactly, I actually think callum is more of a realistic choice in a "bad boy drug dealer". He's the kind of guy you see in real life on a normal estate unlike characters like grant mitchell etc.

Yes! He's quite slim too like a genuine drug user. He's only a small time dealer and probably on benefits so he doesn't need to be all heavy like a gangster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Yes! He's quite slim too like a genuine drug user. He's only a small time dealer and probably on benefits so he doesn't need to be all heavy like a gangster.

Very true, I think some people (people that maybe haven't lived on an estate or bad area) think that to be a hard man, dealer,intimidating etc you have to be built like the mitchell brothers when in reality most drug dealers look just like callum. :)
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Never mind that - he's absolutely gorgeous

I agree; I think he's pretty damn cute :p
  • Options
    theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    england66 wrote: »
    Very true, I think some people (people that maybe haven't lived on an estate or bad area) think that to be a hard man, dealer,intimidating etc you have to be built like the mitchell brothers when in reality most drug dealers look just like callum. :)

People like Callum are normally working for some heavy dealer thro and i dont know what estate, you been on but the big dealers most rough estates are meatheads.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read an interview about the man who plays him Sean Ward. He is very good looking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People like Callum are normally working for some heavy dealer thro and i dont know what estate, you been on but the big dealers most rough estates are meatheads.

Exactly. I actually grew up in a rough estate in east London and met nobody like Callum. Honestly, if someone like him turned up throwing his weight around, he would not be tolerated let's put it that way :D.

And since when did most drug dealers look just like Callum? :confused:
    As you said, they look more like rough-looking meatheads you'd see on the Jeremy Kyle Show. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah...I'd be more frightened of his mam.

He's just a fat gonk.

Oh, come on :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. I actually grew up in a rough estate in east London and met nobody like Callum. Honestly, if someone like him turned up throwing his weight around, he would not be tolerated let's put it that way :D.

And since when did most drug dealers look just like Callum? :confused:
    As you said, they look more like rough-looking meatheads you'd see on the Jeremy Kyle Show.
    :D

I didn't mean all dealers look like callum, I kinda worded it wrong thinking about it now. :p I just meant there's a lot of small time dealers that you wouldn't think were dealing drugs by their appearance ie small frame,chavy etc but i agree most serious big time dealers do look like meathead sted heads. :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I go along with the new talent for sarah, otherwise I can't see how he could realistically stick around
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I go along with the new talent for sarah, otherwise I can't see how he could realistically stick around

That's now been confirmed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's now been confirmed

Yep. There was an article on here about it, Seems to have disappeared now...
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if Yazmeen hadn't moved into Windass' old house then there would be room for him there with Sarah Lou.

You do all know that the reason they are pairing him with Sarah (duck pout) Lou is so he can eventually end up with the daughter, get her on drugs and so on, because this is what he did to Kylie, she couldn't have been very old when she had Max.

I can picture a court scene in the not to distant future of Sarah Lou standing in the dock giving evidence.