Options

EastEnders: First insight into Shabnam Masood's dark secret

Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We will see Shabnam going threw her big With some Newspaper cuttings http://go.dspy.me/r5wh

Comments

• Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's either a Prostitute OR a Hitman of some sort
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will see Shabnam going threw her big With some Newspaper cuttings http://go.dspy.me/r5wh

Interesting to see Shabnam without her hijab. Glad to see her finally getting some screen time. It's one in which I'm most interested.
  • Options
    shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When this lucy deacth started coming to light, i had a thought she cud be behind it, she idnt like jane with max, so she killed lucy hoping Jane will get back ian. But thats a long shot now
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ugh more air time for this terrible character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I bet she stole a large amount of money.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to see more of Shabnam. It's needed.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she was a hooker, her Little Miss Perfect persona must be her cover.

Could be something else altogether. Extortion money?

Re the Lucy stuff, the one aspect Shabnam was part of was that scene where she kept that "burn in hell" card Whitney wrote about Lucy. Pretty sure she didn't dispose of it.

This spoiler is super exciting. The first prominent Masood storyline in a while. I hope we get to see the actress show off more range as this develops. Like her mother, Shabs is portrayed as tough and defensive, but there are weaknesses and secrets too.
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shraine wrote: »
    When this lucy deacth started coming to light, i had a thought she cud be behind it, she idnt like jane with max, so she killed lucy hoping Jane will get back ian. But thats a long shot now

My thoughts exactly, still have a slight feeling for Masood. DTC created that family and hasn't done anything with them yet
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    should be interesting
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this dark secret;
    Prostitutism
    Stealing money;( lied about the 10k)
    Had a baby
    Attacked and left someone deeply hurt
    Racist plot?
    Bullumia
    Drug user
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's working as a journalist for the Lucy case and they print her stories under a pseudonym
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts exactly, still have a slight feeling for Masood. DTC created that family and hasn't done anything with them yet

I also thought Masood

Maybe drugs? Who knows
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doubt she was a prostitute. Pakistan is hardly Amsterdam, is it? :p
    Anyway, Raine has that market cornered :cool:.

To take a wild guess, I think she could be laundering money for some shady characters. Hence why she's loaded with cash.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    In your opinion. I think she's fab. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »

Agreed :). Even though I'm not that interested in her "secret", I am very much invested in the character. I enjoy her scenes.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it has to do with drugs or money, why Shabnam left Pakistan, and why she isn't working in a pharmacy. I also think her dedication to Islam is either a cover or she's overcompensating for a perceived lapse in morality.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Doubt she was a prostitute. Pakistan is hardly Amsterdam, is it? :p
    Anyway, Raine has that market cornered :cool:.

To take a wild guess, I think she could be laundering money for some shady characters. Hence why she's loaded with cash.

Maybe she wasn't in Pakistan for as long as it was made out. Perhaps she was living in some other part of England for a while. Could be part of this dark secret. The cover story about her nan not trusting the men in her family with money seems too convenient.

I'm excited to know what's on that newspaper clipping. Must be related to the dosh.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Agreed :). Even though I'm not that interested in her "secret", I am very much invested in the character. I enjoy her scenes.

I think she's great too. I am very interested in her secret too though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she wasn't in Pakistan for as long as it was made out. Perhaps she was living in some other part of England for a while. Could be part of this dark secret. The cover story about her nan not trusting the men in her family with money seems too convenient.

I'm excited to know what's on that newspaper clipping. Must be related to the dosh.

True, true. That could very well be the case. They did something similar with Sharon if I remember correctly by saying she'd returned to live in England without anyone knowing, so you could be onto something there. But I still have my doubts about prostitution.

Whatever it is, it's clear she is terrified by the shame and embarrasement of the "secret" going by her reaction to the newspaper clipping. So what could cause such shame to her?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #BringZainabBack
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only interested if Zainab's coming back!:p

#HurricaneZainab

;)
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's a gambler and the newspaper was the latest gambling odds!!! It just seems a bit strange that if she did have a dark secret printed in a paper, why would she carry that around with her???!!!
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it could be that she'd carry the newspaper clipping around... It's definitely something to do with money though, she gave Tamwar a large amount for birthday and now she just hands Stacey £100. I don't know what exactly, maybe drugs who knows?

I think she's brilliant anyway! Not exactly a likeable character but she's so intriguing.
  • Options
    SunnydayzSunnydayz Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    Maybe she's a gambler and the newspaper was the latest gambling odds!!! It just seems a bit strange that if she did have a dark secret printed in a paper, why would she carry that around with her???!!!

Ah, justifying the presence of the betting office in Turpin road that no-one ever goes to :) Anyone else notice there seem to be lots of scenes round that area lately
  • Options
    SunnydayzSunnydayz Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »

Ah, justifying the presence of the betting office in Turpin road that no-one ever goes to :) Anyone else notice there seem to be lots of scenes round that area lately

Baby would make sense, then every family has one, a young child or one on the way lol. I predict scenes in creches and in a few years, primary schools. Maybe I should get my name down as teacher now lol