• Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cow wrote: »
    Wonderful idea!
    Wonderful staging!
    Wonderful sentiment!

Problem: Have you any idea how difficult "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" is to sing?

A big range means that you don't hear it done a lot at karaoke and if you do, then you wished you hadn't!

But as it's coming up to Xmas, why not do "Two little boys"? Easier to speak-sing and they might just get away with it. And if they took it seriously, not a dry eye for miles!

"Two Little Boys" did actually cross my mind, but I was thinking of the Splodgenessabounds version. The twins could get some more wear out of their punk get-ups from last weekend!
  • Options
    Simon CowSimon Cow Posts: 2,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellef wrote: »
    "Two Little Boys" did actually cross my mind, but I was thinking of the Splodgenessabounds version. The twins could get some more wear out of their punk get-ups from last weekend!

No, "Two Little Boys" has to be done seriously or not at all.

They would annoy too many people by messing with it.

It would be very difficult for two 18 year olds to pull off and is better suited for an older person looking back and reflecting, so maybe better to play safe and do something else if they couldn't put the pathos into it.
  • Options
    SlaterSlater Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about just the two of us?
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. How about 'Man In The Mirror' - lots of fancy staging with one of em being the 'reflection'. If Diana could squawk it out last year am damn sure they could have a bash.
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt they'd ruin it by trying to carry each other! - brilliant idea though.
    That made me giggle:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riff wrote: »
    Hmmm I sense a flaw.

Mmm...me too...now what could it be?
    mr.ian wrote: »
    This plan would require singing ability.

Fail.

AHA...There it is! :D:D

Actually, I think it is not a bad idea - Many would vote for them just for the attempt! :)
    Plus, the twins are just great are they not? You can't help liking them even with little to zero singing ability. I mean it doesnt seem to be much about the singing this year anyway....
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If an order was made that they had to sing a ballad I think we would all know for certain that the show was fixed, and there would be a backlash, their fans would vote like crazy.

I suspect that the twins will survive until Danyl and Lloyd have gone, after that their competition is the more popular and talented people so they could struggle.

I am hoping they win now, I don't believe any of the others have a long term future anyway, so we may as well have the amusement of seeing how Simon reacts when his bullying fails.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Nah. How about 'Man In The Mirror' - lots of fancy staging with one of em being the 'reflection'. If Diana could squawk it out last year am damn sure they could have a bash.

that's actually a brilliant idea!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hollies' "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother".

Show Won.

The End.

Yeah Ellef- this really is an inspired choice- hope Louis is reading

The great thing about J + E is there are so many songs they could sing that people would want to see

I would love to see them tackle 'california love' though it might be a bit more eric cartman than Tupac:D
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I was struggling to get to sleep and suddenly had a brilliant idea, and couldn't resist coming back to post it.

It's widely predicted that orders will eventually be given from on high that the twins are to perform a ballad without their now-customary choreographic hoopla and gimmickry.

When the time comes, Mr. Walsh, picture this: J&E on a darkened stage, in nice suits, with maybe a bit of dry ice, and they sing:

The Hollies' "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother".

Show Won.

The End.

Fin.

All back to Louis's.

I thang yew! :D

Seriously, if the twins could work hard on their singing and get their heads on straight it could bring the house down and have even the haters weeping in the aisles.

Hmmmmmm....im still not entirely convinced Ellef...being a non fan myself.
    But....if they were to perform the Toy Dolls version of Nellie the Elephant i could possible sway in my opinion of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bumping this because the x factor hairdresser has just seen it
    louiseteasdale i love this post i might email it to brian http://bit.ly/y6Ip8
    less than a minute ago from web

http://twitter.com/louiseteasdale
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sib69 wrote: »
    they could do that if they get to the final with ant and dec. would be epic

ant and dec will be in australia at the end of the series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ant and dec will be in australia at the end of the series

doesn't celebs in the jungle finish on 1st december or something?

ah well, it's not gonna happen anyways :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member

That's how I just came to this thread. Great idea.. great song.. but could they hit the notes?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Awesome! Please suggest it to Yvie and Brian, Louise!:D

Also: Awww at the pictures of her kittens on there. I'm totally having a squealy girl moment.
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I think He Aint Heavy would be a great choice for a ballad.:D If I was Louis i'd save any ballads for the stage in the comp when they have to sing 2 songs as J&E would still be able to give the kind of performance the public looks forward to re their other song choice.

I've read that the boys can play violin and I'm thinking that the intro to the song might sound sweet played on a violin and that might be a chance for the boys to show off their musical accomplishments (but only if it's true that they're any good with a violin:p)

Another ballad I think might suit is 'You've got a Friend' or even another James Taylor song like 'Shower the People You love with Love'. They've both got lovely lyrics.