Vincent and Flavia Midnight Tango Tour

Comments

• BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeyJude rang me last night asking if I'd like to see the show today in Birmingham with her because her friend was ill. I said I couldn't be bothered...no, of course I didn't! :D

So I was lucky enough to be sitting the second row of the circle in an aisle seat at the right end with a perfect view of the stage - and LOVED every minute of the show! My favourite bits were the beautifully romantic Tango Waltz danced by V&F in the first half and the 'make up after a row' dance in the second half - just breathtaking, I was literally holding my breath sometimes. The finale is fantastic too and the couple who run the bar are very funny, but the truth is everybody is very good.

Some reviews have mentioned too much going on sometimes and I understand what they mean, but for me that is why the show works so well. It is like having a ring side seat to watch the happenings in that bar for two nights. You can't watch everything, but what ever you do watch will be worth watching.

I now have a major girl crush on Flavia. She is a Goddess! :D

How lucky am I to have a friend like HeyJude? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Just seen it in Nottingham and IT IS!
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Ah brilliant Its an amazing show and good to see everyone else agreeing lol
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Right, I'm now back home and can post a bit more fully than I can from my phone, in the pub, after the show

Both my daughter and I thought it was AMAZING. We really enjoyed it, the dancing and the narrative. Before the show we were in a restaurant waiting to be seated, when my daughter nudged me and gestured to the side and Flavia was sitting there alone with a coke. Then, today as I made my way home I was sitting on a seat on the platform at Nottingham station when it started to rain so I decided to move into the shelter further along. I could see there was room on a seat there and as I entered the shelter I realised the person sitting at the end of the seat was Flavia. So I sat next to her and texted my daughter to tell her. My daughter accused me of stalking.:mad::D Flavia wears a gorgeous perfume btw.
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    I was about to say the same thing. I do hope you talked to Flav. Was she on her own or were other members of the MT cast with her?
    Amandagirl wrote: »
    Great!!
    Lucky you did you talk to her at all???
    Glad you enjjoyed it

Bit of a belated post, as have been away for a week - BUT enroute we saw MT at Nottingham last Sat night and just want to agree emphatically with Dilly and Muggsy :):cool:!

We had fantastic 'middle of front row' seats, and even tho' I sometimes worry that, being such a shorta*se, I wouldn't be able to see properly upwards on to the stage, it was an absolutely perfect spot and we could see every single aspect of what was an Amazing, Phenomenal and completely Superb production. Every bit as excellent as some of the top flight ballet and contemporary dance productions I've seen at Sadlers Wells and other places - really, really fab-u-lous!!

V&F are ON FIRE - their dramatic skills are well-honed and the dancing, of COURSE, was beyond sublime. i don't think the audience's attention wavered for one second of the entire 90mins or so, as the whole thing was just superb (am running out of superlatives!) We went with respective husbands who were also spellbound by the whole thing - or maybe that was just by Flavia ;)

We were by the Stage Door as the company left - there were only 6-8 people there at the time - and it was great to chat to some of the company (the piano player, the 'villain' etc :cool:) and V&F themselves were SO chilled and relaxed and chatty - they (understandably) seemed really happy and delighted by how the tour's going - we thought they might be exhausted, particularly after the two performances that day, but they said it felt brilliant - a great work out, and just that they wanted to eat all the time to keep up the energy levels :D

Better stop adulating :o Just to say I love Flavia's hair back in the bob (that IS Flavia to me!) and that she must have the best legs in the universe :) Such a toweringly steamy performance on that stage, yet such a teeny petite person in real life - a very beautiful, delightful and talented lady! Just the person to keep twinkly Vincent in line OFF stage and to set the dance world on fire ON stage :cool: Amen to that!

(Waffling so much, missed BuddyB! *Waves* Agree with you totally - also, I loved all the activity on stage - thought it was an excellent strategy cos there was always something to look at and the 'whole' company were involved at all times. Excellent!)
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    HeyJude rang me last night asking if I'd like to see the show today in Birmingham with her because her friend was ill. I said I couldn't be bothered...no, of course I didn't!

So I was lucky enough to be sitting the second row of the circle in an aisle seat at the right end with a perfect view of the stage - and LOVED every minute of the show! My favourite bits were the beautifully romantic Tango Waltz danced by V&F in the first half and the 'make up after a row' dance in the second half - just breathtaking, I was literally holding my breath sometimes. The finale is fantastic too and the couple who run the bar are very funny, but the truth is everybody is very good.

Some reviews have mentioned too much going on sometimes and I understand what they mean, but for me that is why the show works so well. It is like having a ring side seat to watch the happenings in that bar for two nights. You can't watch everything, but what ever you do watch will be worth watching.

I now have a major girl crush on Flavia. She is a Goddess!

How lucky am I to have a friend like HeyJude? :D
    Bit of a belated post, as have been away for a week - BUT enroute we saw MT at Nottingham last Sat night and just want to agree emphatically with Dilly and Muggsy !

We had fantastic 'middle of front row' seats, and even tho' I sometimes worry that, being such a shorta*se, I wouldn't be able to see properly upwards on to the stage, it was an absolutely perfect spot and we could see every single aspect of what was an Amazing, Phenomenal and completely Superb production. Every bit as excellent as some of the top flight ballet and contemporary dance productions I've seen at Sadlers Wells and other places - really, really fab-u-lous!!

V&F are ON FIRE - their dramatic skills are well-honed and the dancing, of COURSE, was beyond sublime. i don't think the audience's attention wavered for one second of the entire 90mins or so, as the whole thing was just superb (am running out of superlatives!) We went with respective husbands who were also spellbound by the whole thing - or maybe that was just by Flavia

We were by the Stage Door as the company left - there were only 6-8 people there at the time - and it was great to chat to some of the company (the piano player, the 'villain' etc :cool:) and V&F themselves were SO chilled and relaxed and chatty - they (understandably) seemed really happy and delighted by how the tour's going - we thought they might be exhausted, particularly after the two performances that day, but they said it felt brilliant - a great work out, and just that they wanted to eat all the time to keep up the energy levels

Better stop adulating :o Just to say I love Flavia's hair back in the bob (that IS Flavia to me!) and that she must have the best legs in the universe :) Such a toweringly steamy performance on that stage, yet such a teeny petite person in real life - a very beautiful, delightful and talented lady! Just the person to keep twinkly Vincent in line OFF stage and to set the dance world on fire ON stage :cool: Amen to that!

(Waffling so much, missed BuddyB! *Waves* Agree with you totally - also, I loved all the activity on stage - thought it was an excellent strategy cos there was always something to look at and the 'whole' company were involved at all times. Excellent!)

YAY...Thanks so much BuddyB and SlinkyMalinky for posting all this in here :) I was filling the pages in here mostly with my own rambling, so its great to see two BRILLIANT reports added too :D:D and totally agree with all you both say!! The show is A-MA-ZINGGGGGGGG!!! :D:D
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at the matinee yesterday...front row....sorry not to have seen HeyJude but I didnt know where you were sitting and wasnt sure I would have known you anyway unless you were wearing your big pink hat from your twitter picture :D Obviously didnt know you were going too Buddy it would have been lovely to meet you both.

Absolutely loved the show. I do have to say that I felt the first half was a bit 'samey' but appreciated that they had to build the story. Also Vincent and Flavia are so absolutely fantastic that they made the other dancers look a bit pedestrian, but what do I know, they might have been great but the last dance show I saw at the Hippodrome was the Strictly Proffesionals Tour and ofcourse the whole company was fantastic then.

The second half just exploded in every way....a rumba that left me with tears pouring down my face and seeing the classic AT up close was quite something. Also loved the comedy element with the oder couple. Flavias dresses were amazing too.
    Forum Member
    Win tickets to see the show in Plymouth next Saturday :)

Closing date Tuesday 31st May

http://www.plymouthpavilions.com/content.asp?CategoryID=1170
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    I loved the show, it was great to see Buddy again too :D

Sorry I didn't wear my hat Jan, but the people behind me might have moaned ;)

I like that there was so much going on on stage it made the whole thing very atmospheric.
    Forum Member
    Great Midnight Tango review from the Plymouth Shows in The Herald :)

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Tango-tornado-shows-amazing-range-Strictly-stars/article-3620373-detail/article.html

it is the exceptional and intoxicating partnership of Flavia and Vincent that really thrills the audience and will be the abiding memory of this show.

And Flav's violin playing gets a mention too :D

And the beautiful tango queen Flavia also reveals another talent when she picks up a violin.
    Forum Member
    Win two tickets for Midnight Tango with The Milngavie Herald for Tuesday 26th July :)

http://www.milngavieherald.co.uk/lifestyle/you_could_get_tangoed_if_you_win_our_comp_1_1660649
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,984
    Forum Member
    A feature on Midnight Tango is supposed to be on BBC NE & Cumbria Look North tonight at 6:30pm and if anyone would like to watch it's Sky channel 975 :)
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just got tickets to see show in July, so great to read all your complimentary posts. Thanks peeps.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant news just through that Midnight Tango has got a 10 week West End run from 20th Jan - 31st March 2012 at The Aldwych Theatre :D:D:D:D

Its a FAB show and I'd recommend anyone who hasn't already seen the show, to try and book one for this. :)

http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/london/E8831307707955/Strictly+Team%C2%92s+Midnight+Tango+Moves+to+West+End.html

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/venueartist/442376/1073285
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Brilliant news just through that Midnight Tango has got a 10 week West End run from 20th Jan - 31st March 2012 at The Aldwych Theatre :D:D:D:D

Its a FAB show and I'd recommend anyone who hasn't already seen the show, to try and book one for this. :)

http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/london/E8831307707955/Strictly+Team%C2%92s+Midnight+Tango+Moves+to+West+End.html

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/venueartist/442376/1073285

Wow thats amazing it must be great and there have been some great reviews:D
    Forum Member
    A very delighted Flav has tweeted :D

http://twitter.com/#!/FlaviaCacace/status/79239760593428480
    Thank you thank you thank you xxx we are so happy, it's thanks to all you guys for supporting us xxx
    :D
    Forum Member
    The radio Northampton interview that Flavia done a couple of weeks back was aired this morning...Its now on iPlayer. :)

(From 1.45)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00h4ly8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,984
    Forum Member
    Brilliant 5 star review for MT in Milton Keynes :)

http://www.thepublicreviews.com/midnight-tango-milton-keynes-theatre/
    Forum Member
    JollyMolly wrote: »
    Brilliant 5 star review for MT in Milton Keynes :)

http://www.thepublicreviews.com/midnight-tango-milton-keynes-theatre/

That is an excellent one Molly :) Lets hope the first of many for this Milton Keynes week :D
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I've been trying to tweet but for some reason Twitter doesn't like me tonight. I thought Midnight Tango was brilliant - I loved it! They didn't get a standing ovation at the end of the matinee although they deserved it IMO - only a few people stood up, but the majority of the audience were quite old so probably had problems standing up anyway!!

I'm glad I'm going to see it again next week in Brighton as there is so much going on that I think it's impossible to see it all in one viewing!

I absolutely loved the dance with the white dress - definitely brought a tear to the eye.

Can't wait for next week now lol.:D
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    I've been trying to tweet but for some reason Twitter doesn't like me tonight. I thought Midnight Tango was brilliant - I loved it! They didn't get a standing ovation at the end of the matinee although they deserved it IMO - only a few people stood up, but the majority of the audience were quite old so probably had problems standing up anyway!!

I'm glad I'm going to see it again next week in Brighton as there is so much going on that I think it's impossible to see it all in one viewing!

I absolutely loved the dance with the white dress - definitely brought a tear to the eye.

Can't wait for next week now lol.:D

Glad you liked it and I agree about the white dress dance...it is stunning :cry:

I also agree that you really need to see it more than once. I loved the different storylines going on and can't wait to see it again myself :D
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Also I thought the choreography for the fight scene was really clever. No wonder it took V&F so long to get it all together. There is some great choreography throughout the show - and so many different story lines going on, I didn't know where to look!
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Also I thought the choreography for the fight scene was really clever. No wonder it took V&F so long to get it all together. There is some great choreography throughout the show - and so many different story lines going on, I didn't know where to look!

That bit is fantastic and so well put together!! Vincent and the other guy were brilliant at this :)
    Forum Member
    Midnight Tango is to be screened live from Bristol to local cinemas via satellite on 13th July :)

Great news for anyone who can get to see it this way who wasn't able to make it to one of the venues :)

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/Midnight+Tango-10258.html
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Not sure if there will be any take up but I have 2 tickets for Midnight Tango Stalls Row C (middle of first premium row) available for sale for Saturday evening show in Edinburgh (2nd July at 8 pm) if anyone is interested.

Tickets were £40 each on presale. Any reasonable offer considered.

Please PM me if you are interested.