Options

Are YOU ever too scared to post in GD? If so WHY?

Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi All :)and hopeful to welcome a few lurkers maybe by this thread.

Are any of you too scared to post in certain threads and what prevents newbies from posting.

I've never been scared to post in a thread but there are some forums/genres I just can't be arsed to join in with.

Comments

• Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too scared to post in anything over three or four pages as the posters will have expected me to have read and inwardly digested previous posts on the topic :o
  • Options
    TPLTPL Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drink, then you'll never be scared of posting. :yawn::)
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politics - I do post there occasionally - and have even started the odd thread ...but I always think 'there ain't arf been some clever barst@rds'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll post on any thread I find I can give some input to or have an opinion on.

Some I just avoid.

I certainly have no fear of posting and don't know why any newbie would either.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    No, I am never scared to post here. If I scare any of you lurkers off, PM me and I will promise to only ever cover your posts in rose petals.
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm brave so no.

However I think I lack the dedication to join in with some of the longer threads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    I'm too scared to post in anything over three or four pages as the posters will have expected me to have read and inwardly digested previous posts on the topic :o

Just put in your post you haven't read it all and give your opinion on the original post. There are no set rules, some posters might be a bit arsey, just ignore them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Btw, I was only joking. I get scared all the time. I sometimes think up long replies, then cop out :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politics - I do post there occasionally - and have even started the odd thread ...but I always think 'there ain't arf been some clever barst@rds'.

No-one has ever changed my opinion (in fact only reinforced it) when posting on Politics. The threads just revolve around and around with no winners, only bans :o

Feel free to join in, only Showbiz is as nasty and passionate about things though :o
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This place scares me to death.Really mean it. I post, or try to, on things that are important to me but I am never as sharp, witty, bitchy or articulate as many so its very intimidating.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Umm no :o

Much to my detriment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »

Much to my detriment.

yeah, I think the times when I am least scared to post here are the ones that are mostly to my detriment :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    This place scares me to death.Really mean it. I post, or try to, on things that are important to me but I am never as sharp, witty, bitchy or articulate as many so its very intimidating.

Oo no - I want you to post more often Benji - you seem to have original thoughts from what I've seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You CANNOT be serious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll never catch me posting in GD. :(:(;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    No-one has ever changed my opinion (in fact only reinforced it) when posting on Politics. The threads just revolve around and around with no winners, only bans :o

Feel free to join in, only Showbiz is as nasty and passionate about things though :o

I'll try - noone has been nasty to me there. There is just a wealth of knowledge - or seems to be. But I shall try again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »

Much to my detriment.

You are at least, or best, a maverick, an original one off. Thats great:D
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say I get too scared to post here but I sometimes have "f*ck it, I can't be arsed" moments. Usually with the long threads as I assume anything I have to say will have already been said umpteen times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oo no - I want you to post more often Benji - you seem to have original thoughts from what I've seen.

Grumpy ould bat more like.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member

Modest people are usually the most sharp, witty, articulate people, hence.... ^^

Arrogant people like to finish their posts with two x's and probably still dribble into their ribena.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jelly Baby wrote: »
    You'll never catch me posting in GD. :(:(;)

You'd have missed +4 tonight if you hadn't :D

Right, see above, me and Jelly Baby don't know each other, aren't in a clicque and don't post in chatter together but that may have made it look as though we all know each other.

I only knew cos I saw Jelly's post in the Misfits thread. Does anyone think it appears too cliquey in here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    You CANNOT be serious.

Nearly believe you. Seriously coming in here is like a wee sick fascination, never mind posters being scary, I scare myself:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try - noone has been nasty to me there. There is just a wealth of knowledge - or seems to be. But I shall try again.

And loads of bullshit from some who think they have it:p:p
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe people are scared to post stuff who care's what people think its the internet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Right, see above, me and Jelly Baby don't know each other, aren't in a clicque and don't post in chatter together but that may have made it look as though we all know each other.

I only knew cos I saw Jelly's post in the Misfits thread. Does anyone think it appears too cliquey in here?

Oi! Chatter isn't full of cliques, it's just for off-topic stuff and a chance for a bit of a natter. If anything Chatter is for newbies so they can find their feet :o:p