Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was not insulting, it was clarifying - you stated that it would be hard because it would cause offence.
    So, then, why would someone like KP, who obviously doesn't give a flying fig what others feel about anything, not take her ex to court to prevent him using her children on camera if she has such a problem with it? It is not logical.

The only reason she would not, imo, is that she knows it would then prevent her doing the "Jordan the Brave" shtick with Harvey.

After all, you cannot claim something damages two of your kids if you are happy to subject another to it, can you?

I was talking about getting a parent to stop selling his kids childhood on tv and in magazines ... And why would Peter taking his kids off tv make a difference to what happens with Harvey.. Due to Harvey's complex needs he is oblivious to the media world so it wont harm him at all ...but it's obvious Junior isn't
    It's Peter who is wrong here because he knows he wouldn't get as many veiwers without those kids.. His tv profile is more important to him than his kids
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From the link -
    With all this work on his plate, we couldn’t help but wonder whether it means he’ll be ditching his reality show soon.

But Peter told us: “These opportunities [to promote campaigns] come up because of the reality show – people see what you’re like and you can be associated with a brand. I reckon there’ll come a point where it [the reality show] naturally needs to take more of a back seat, but not yet.”

So basically the reality show where he exploits everything is just a showcase for him to tout for work. That explains so much, the kids featuring so heavily, the 'family man' branding etc...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking about getting a parent to stop selling his kids childhood on tv and in magazines ... And why would Peter taking his kids off tv make a difference to what happens with Harvey.. Due to Harvey's complex needs he is oblivious to the media world so it wont harm him at all ...but it's obvious Junior isn't
    It's Peter who is wrong here because he knows he wouldn't get as many veiwers without those kids.. His tv profile is more important to him than his kids

Really?.. it is ok to sell your disabled child's childhood because he is oblivious?

Morally it is wrong to use any of your children to garner positive publicity or money for yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?.. it is ok to sell your disabled child's childhood because he is oblivious?

Morally it is wrong to use any of your children to garner positive publicity or money for yourself.

..but Harvey isn't on tv is he nor does he appear in magazines ....
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..but Harvey isn't on tv is he nor does he appear in magazines ....

He has been used in her documentaries about him, hasn't he? Some of which have come after her "ban" on using her kids.

Justifying it by saying Harvey is oblivious is a little low. He isn't. He needs his routine more than the other children and in the past, Kp has told how much he hates photoshoots and cameras.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has been used in her documentaries about him, hasn't he? Some of which have come after her "ban" on using her kids.

Justifying it by saying Harvey is oblivious is a little low. He isn't. He needs his routine more than the other children and in the past, Kp has told how much he hates photoshoots and cameras.

Be a bit POINTLESS doing a documentary about him and he didn't appear ...and it's only been one documentary .. I'm not justifying anything .. I'm stating a fact...Harvey doesn't use the Internet or read magazines . Tell me when was the last photoshoot Harvey was involved in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be a bit POINTLESS doing a documentary about him and he didn't appear ...and it's only been one documentary .. I'm not justifying anything .. I'm stating a fact...Harvey doesn't use the Internet or read magazines . Tell me when was the last photoshoot Harvey was involved in?

So why do the doc? IF she feels TV exposure is bad for her kids, genuinely, she would not expose any of them to it. "Raising awareness" could be done with the millions of archive tapes they already have on Harvey.

She, and her fans, cannot have it both ways.

She makes digs about PA and the kids, but does not actually do anything to protect the kids because she knows that she is just as guilty as he is.

Not really seeing anything that changes that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So why do the doc? IF she feels TV exposure is bad for her kids, genuinely, she would not expose any of them to it. "Raising awareness" could be done with the millions of archive tapes they already have on Harvey.

She, and her fans, cannot have it both ways.

She makes digs about PA and the kids, but does not actually do anything to protect the kids because she knows that she is just as guilty as he is.

Not really seeing anything that changes that.

The documentary was about how people with disabilities are discriminated against and abused both physically and verbally and was very good ..
    And PA fans always deflect the fact it's Peter in the wrong here..he is the exposing his kids to the world ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The documentary was about how people with disabilities are discriminated against and abused both physically and verbally and was very good ..
    And PA fans always deflect the fact it's Peter in the wrong here..he is the exposing his kids to the world ...

So Harvey did not need to be in the Doc at all - unless it was to help remind people of how brave his poor, misunderstood mother is. :rolleyes:

And, as we both know, I am not a Pa fan and I am not deflecting. My POV is, and always has been that those children should have their privacy protected, not exploited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Harvey did not need to be in the Doc at all - unless it was to help remind people of how brave his poor, misunderstood mother is. :rolleyes:

And, as we both know, I am not a Pa fan and I am not deflecting. My POV is, and always has been that those children should have their privacy protected, not exploited.

That's at the root of my prob with both of them. I really don't care if they're on their shows or not, what I do think is awful is they way both of them use the kids to boost their own profile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And what you fail to accept is I agree with you but instead of putting it on Katie put it on Peter he is the one who won't take them off tv or out of mags ... Why? ... Because he uses them to get jobs and boost his image
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what you fail to accept is I agree with you but instead of putting it on Katie put it on Peter he is the one who won't take them off tv or out of mags ... Why? ... Because he uses them to get jobs and boost his image

I am not failing to grasp anything, Betty. If my ex refused to do something that I publicly stated I felt was damaging to my children, I would do what I could do to stop it.

She chooses not too, in spite of all the resources at her disposal. Therefore, I can only assume that she doesn't really want a legal, binding agreement to keep the children out of the spotlight.

Put up, or shut up. Frank Lampard showed that it is easily done, even in shared custody cases.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not failing to grasp anything, Betty. If my ex refused to do something that I publicly stated I felt was damaging to my children, I would do what I could do to stop it.

She chooses not too, in spite of all the resources at her disposal. Therefore, I can only assume that she doesn't really want a legal, binding agreement to keep the children out of the spotlight.

Put up, or shut up. Frank Lampard showed that it is easily done, even in shared custody cases.

Frank Lampard holds the purse strings so his ex had to do as he wanted ...he never took it to court .. Again let's pressure Peter ... He is in the wrong... As this amazing dad..why isn't he putting his kids needs first?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether Harvey has been filmed in one documentary, for me shouldnt then excuse the use of Princess and Junior in his reality show. Do we then not come back to who is "worse" debate. What Peter Andre does, he chooses to do.

Princess and Junior should not be used in his reality show. They are of an age now when this needs to stop. What she did should not be relevant, with the continued use of these two children in his show. .

Can you imagine what these children's lives would be if both parents were filming the children for each of their reality shows and both parents were doing photoshoots of the children. Thankfully they are not, but he does need to find new topics for his reality show that does not include his kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank Lampard holds the purse strings so his ex had to do as he wanted ...he never took it to court .. Again let's pressure Peter ... He is in the wrong... As this amazing dad..why isn't he putting his kids needs first?

Are you saying Kp could not afford to go to court with this?

Stop deflecting. Until you admit that Kp is just as guilty you are just doing what she does - jumping on a bandwagon to have a go at her ex.

She, this "strong, independent businesswoman" has the power to change the situation. She also could keep her other child out of the media.

She doesn't, therefore she is equally responsible. Defending one for doing the same as the other is illogical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Whether Harvey has been filmed in one documentary, for me shouldnt then excuse the use of Princess and Junior in his reality show. Do we then not come back to who is "worse" debate. What Peter Andre does, he chooses to do.

Princess and Junior should not be used in his reality show. They are of an age now when this needs to stop. What she did should not be relevant, with the continued use of these two children in his show. .

Can you imagine what these children's lives would be if both parents were filming the children for each of their reality shows and both parents were doing photoshoots of the children. Thankfully they are not, but he does need to find new topics for his reality show that does not include his kids.

That's not going to happen. There's bugger all in his shows without the kids. And if you read that link that Anna posted earlier, he more or less confirms that his reality show is all about showcasing him for potential brand match-ups. And what is his brand? DOTY of course. He'll be using them until they're in their teens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you saying Kp could not afford to go to court with this?

Stop deflecting. Until you admit that Kp is just as guilty you are just doing what she does - jumping on a bandwagon to have a go at her ex.

She, this "strong, independent businesswoman" has the power to change the situation. She also could keep her other child out of the media.

She doesn't, therefore she is equally responsible. Defending one for doing the same as the other is illogical.

Again artless I am not deflecting ..I have said many times the kids shouldn't be on tv ..but it's time to pressure Peter not Katie .. What kind of parent need to be taken to court before he will do what's right for his kids ...
    It's you who deflects because everytime I say it's Peter who should be pulled up about the kids you turn it back to Katie .
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again artless I am not deflecting ..I have said many times the kids shouldn't be on tv ..but it's time to pressure Peter not Katie .. What kind of parent need to be taken to court before he will do what's right for his kids ...
    It's you who deflects because everytime I say it's Peter who should be pulled up about the kids you turn it back to Katie .[/QUOTE]

That's not quite how I read it Betty , it seems to me that Arty is condemning both parents.
    PA for having them in his show , and KP exploiting Harvey in the media under the guise of raising awareness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's you who deflects because everytime I say it's Peter who should be pulled up about the kids you turn it back to Katie .

Nah, Betty. I think you are reading what you want to there. Find a single post of mine, ever, where I defend pa for putting the kids on tv.

You won't, because I don't.

I'll say this one last time in the hope you read my words...Pa won't stop and has stated that. IF kp genuinely felt that it was wrong to have the kids on tv, she would do something, anything, in her power to stop it.

She doesn't, so she is equally responsible. Both of them are as bad as each other for using their kids to prop up their images. You cannot condemn him, and ignore her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why is it so hard for you to just acknowledge that both are as devious as the other when it comes to using the kids to enhance their profiles? I haven't seen a single person on this or previous threads excuse the way PA exploits them so why are you going on about that as if it's an ongoing reality or that he's been let off the hook somehow?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

PA should stop exploiting his children.

KP should stop exploiting her children.

They both exploit their children... if KP still had her reality show Harvey would appear.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/sep/28/katie-price-harvey-son-disability

Last year for KP... plus the twitter pics... the papped on the red carpet a few weeks ago.

The last few months at least once a week for PA.

There is no appreciable difference between them... PA needs them as part of his brand... KP uses them as the only positive press she gets... they are both doing exactly the same thing... exploiting their children... there is no worserer they are the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, Betty. I think you are reading what you want to there. Find a single post of mine, ever, where I defend pa for putting the kids on tv.

You won't, because I don't.

I'll say this one last time in the hope you read my words...Pa won't stop and has stated that. IF kp genuinely felt that it was wrong to have the kids on tv, she would do something, anything, in her power to stop it.

She doesn't, so she is equally responsible. Both of them are as bad as each other for using their kids to prop up their images. You cannot condemn him, and ignore her.

And again I hope you read mine ...
    It's Peter who should be condemned for still having his kids on his show .. Why are you putting the responsibility on Katie to stop him.. Put it on him to stop .. She stopped her children appearing in her show,she hasn't done any mag shoots and apart from the documentary with Harvey we have hardly seen him .. The paps taking pics is hard to stop when one parent has them all over the tv..
    I do think both were wrong to have them on tv .. And have said so many times.. So let's pressure him to stop instead of blaming her because he hasn't
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Why is it so hard for you to just acknowledge that both are as devious as the other when it comes to using the kids to enhance their profiles? I haven't seen a single person on this or previous threads excuse the way PA exploits them so why are you going on about that as if it's an ongoing reality or that he's been let off the hook somehow?

Lexi you know I have said they were BOTH wrong to have them on tv.. But I'm fed up of people blaming her because he still has them on tv.. That's his fault.. Blame him..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexi you know I have said they were BOTH wrong to have them on tv.. But I'm fed up of people blaming her because he still has them on tv.. That's his fault.. Blame him..

She stopped him exploiting Harvey... if she had used the same court proceeding to stop him using Junior and Princess she would have been congratulated.

She did not do this because she relies on her own exploitation of Harvey to bolster her own image.

There is no difference between KP/PA on this issue they are both using their children.

I blame them both equally... because they both exploit their children... in fact Junior and Princess get exploited by both of them... PA in his show and KP in her attempts to portray their father in a negative light and using them to do it.
This discussion has been closed.