Celebrity Squares

chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why on a Wednesday? Surely this should be weekend TV?

Comments

• GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    chopsim wrote: »

Why at all??
    Like Warwick but dear God how much more of Joey Essaex Peter Andrex(who loves his kids ) and co can we stomach??
    Let's face it CELEBS they ain't !!
    Wish they'd left it alone
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love this...I suppose Keith Lemon is in it..
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One clip had 3 Loose Women in the one square. I mean why ?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »
    To make it up to the acceptable IQ level?

Which is quite low anyway
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wednesday at 8pm on ITV has been used for 'weekend entertainment' type shows for a number of years now.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awating the number of height jokes which will probably be from Warwick himself but people will take offence on his behalf.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Wednesday at 8pm on ITV has been used for 'weekend entertainment' type shows for a number of years now.

At the moment this seems like a really stupid decision by ITV as Great British Bake Off is dominating this timeslot
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love this...I suppose Keith Lemon is in it..

That bloody man gets everywhere and spoils it for me.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »

I'm sure I remember The Bachelors appearing in one square in the original :)
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is Warwick going to speak to the contestants? Is he going to be on a ramp or something,a ridiculous choice of a host
  • ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need Spike Milligan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I'm not complaining about it being on a Wednesday. I'd rather it didn't get squeezed around the painfully drawn-out Crap Factor.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    How is Warwick going to speak to the contestants? Is he going to be on a ramp or something,a ridiculous choice of a host
    Yes it really would be ridiculous to have people of different height talking to each other.
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How about we don't define the quality of a show by what timeslot it has? Can't gameshows go on during the week? Millionaire did very well in that slot for years.
  • stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    How about we don't define the quality of a show by what timeslot it has? Can't gameshows go on during the week? Millionaire did very well in that slot for years.

While I agree with what you're saying, it doesn't seem the best vote of confidence from ITV in this instance, pitting it against The Great British Bake Off.
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stewartuu wrote: »
    While I agree with what you're saying, it doesn't seem the best vote of confidence from ITV in this instance, pitting it against The Great British Bake Off.

Full disclosure, I did some post-production work on Celebrity Squares and it was always intended for a midweek broadcast as far as I know. I think when it was scheduled for Wednesdays (around July I think) it was assumed GBBO would be on a Tuesday like it always had been. I guess ITV could've moved Celebrity Squares but if there's no better slot for it then so be it.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the previews the boxes looked large compared to the original small one which was higher too.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm... lets see the guests. *checks Radio Times*
    James Corden, Catherine Tyldesley, Jamelia, Tom Rosenthal, Charlotte Hawkins, Mick Miller and Sara Pascoe.

Corden?! Are you kidding me?! >:(

Oh and Joe Wilkinson as a regular? Cannot stand him in 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown!
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bradley Walsh, Ashleigh + Pudsey, Louis Walsh and Sam Bailey are all going to be celebrities aswell
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK As I have no life , here is what I have found out so far about the panels for each Celebrity Squares I know it may seem a bit underwhelming to a few.:

1. Jonathan Ross, Adam Hills, Jimi Mistry, Louis Walsh, Christine Bleakley, Louise Hazell, Ellie Taylor
    2. Linda Robson, Rachel Riley, Katherine Ryan, Vernon Kay, Bruno Tonioli, Nathan Caton, Russell Grant
    3. Bradley Walsh, Sam Bailey, Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford, Nitin Ganatra, Aisling Bea, Alex Brooker and Bridget Christie
    4. Carol Vorderman, Ashleigh and Pudsey, Lucy Pargeter, Roisin Conaty, Rufus Hound, Patrick Monahan and Dame Edna.
    5. Ashley Roberts, David Haye, Stewart Francis, Reece Shearsmith and 3 Unknowns (possibly Sandi Toksvig, as I think I saw her in the commercial)
    6. Keith Lemon, Freddie Flintoff, Antony Cotton, Rob Beckett, Hal Cruttenden, Denise Lewis and three Loose Women (Kaye Adams, Andrea McLean, Nadia Sawalha)
    7. Catherine Tyldesley, Mick Miller, Tom Rosenthal, James Corden , Jamelia, Charlotte Hawkins and Sara Pascoe

If there are any corrections, feel free to fill in the blanks.
    Sounds a bit like the usual suspects mixed in with interesting comedians
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a box big enough to fit Eamonn and Ruth together ?
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    They would need the T.A.R.D.I.S
    I'll get my coat.... :)
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    OK As I have no life , here is what I have found out so far about the panels for each Celebrity Squares I know it may seem a bit underwhelming to a few.:

1. Jonathan Ross, Adam Hills, Jimi Mistry, Louis Walsh, Christine Bleakley, Louise Hazell, Ellie Taylor
    2. Linda Robson, Rachel Riley, Katherine Ryan, Vernon Kay, Bruno Tonioli, Nathan Caton, Russell Grant
    3. Bradley Walsh, Sam Bailey, Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford, Nitin Ganatra, Aisling Bea, Alex Brooker and Bridget Christie
    4. Carol Vorderman, Ashleigh and Pudsey, Lucy Pargeter, Roisin Conaty, Rufus Hound, Patrick Monahan and Dame Edna.
    5. Ashley Roberts, David Haye, Stewart Francis, Reece Shearsmith and 3 Unknowns (possibly Sandi Toksvig, as I think I saw her in the commercial)
    6. Keith Lemon, Freddie Flintoff, Antony Cotton, Rob Beckett, Hal Cruttenden, Denise Lewis and three Loose Women (Kaye Adams, Andrea McLean, Nadia Sawalha)
    7. Catherine Tyldesley, Mick Miller, Tom Rosenthal, James Corden , Jamelia, Charlotte Hawkins and Sara Pascoe

If there are any corrections, feel free to fill in the blanks.
    Sounds a bit like the usual suspects mixed in with interesting comedians

I thought there should be nine celebrity boxes but each episode you have listed has only seven. :confused:
  • stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    I thought there should be nine celebrity boxes but each episode you have listed has only seven. :confused:

Tim Vine and Joe Wilkinson are recurring guests.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stewartuu wrote: »
    Not everyone likes Bake Off. It's not even the same kind of audience appeal. So a lightweight quiz show with celebs could still do ok.

That being said it used to be a Sunday evening show back in the day. Might be a better time for it now too.