Ball boy assault or feigning injury? - League Cup

Comments

• celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »

Yes, I've seen the incident. He toepokes the ball and catches the kid who milks it by rolling as if shot. The fact it's already been dropped as a police matter shows how much of a violent assault it isn't.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    I am yet to see Hazard dive or making a meal of anything.
    I'm not surprised, you didnt even see him shoeing the ball boy.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    the chimp wrote: »
    Why ? :confused:
    well lets say you have stomache cramps, you kinda keel over you don't fall on your back and go ohhhhh my stomache, the ball boy gets kicked on the left side yet rolls onto his right.:sleep:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I'm not laughing at violent and dangerous conduct.

As Rik once said to Vyv .. "I've told you a million times, do not exaggerate" :)
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Yes, I've seen the incident. He toepokes the ball and catches the kid who milks it by rolling as if shot. The fact it's already been dropped as a police matter shows how much of a violent assault it isn't.

How on earth did the ballboy end up lying on top of the ball? Did he trip and fall and land on it?
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Just watched the clip : the ballboy lay on top of the ball to stop a quick throw in from being taken I take it?

Hazard deserved his red card without a doubt, but the ballboy was a disgrace for interfering with play.

The kid who was pushed over, then kicked in the stomach, was a disgrace?

You lads are really excelling yourselves tonight.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't pushed over, he collapsed onto it to obstruct Hazard from getting near the ball.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well lets say you have stomache cramps, you kinda keel over you don't fall on your back and go ohhhhh my stomache, the ball boy gets kicked on the left side yet rolls onto his right.:sleep:

Huh he get's kicked on the right side doesn't he
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    How on earth did the ballboy end up lying on top of the ball? Did he trip and fall and land on it?

How the f...k did he end up on the floor in the first place.:D
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised, you didnt even see him shoeing the ball boy.

Then please mention when Hazard dived and made a meal of any challenge.
    Forum Member
    ball boy goes for ball, hazzard goes to get it instead as the ball boy is taking his time, both collide and the ballboy falls onto the ball then holds it at the side, hazzard aims a kick at the ball and the ball rolls under the ball boy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

See my question above : I didn't see the match or how he came to be lying on top of the ball. All I saw was Hazard trying to retrieve the ball and the ballboy seemingly trying to stop him.
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    Huh he get's kicked on the right side doesn't he

thought it was the left
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have litterally no idea what youre on about, I've been kicked in the stomach before playing football and the last thing I or anybody in their right mind would do is then lay on my stomach, the same when I've had stomach cramps.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

Get real, the kid should count himself lucky he has not been arrested....that's the view from majority of Swansea fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ball boy goes for ball, hazzard goes to get it instead as the ball boy is taking his time, both collide and the ballboy falls onto the ball then holds it at the side, hazzard aims a kick at the ball and the ball rolls under the ball boy

Hmm, strange incident though I'd still be suspicious of the boy's motives (ie. presumably timewasting). Hazard 100% deserved his red card though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then please mention when Hazard dived and made a meal of any challenge.
    I'll let your old manager explain in a round about way

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/392252/20121008/chelsea-news-eden-hazard-roberto-di-matteo.htm
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I am yet to see Hazard dive or making a meal of anything.
    Is that for real?
    Hmm, strange incident though I'd still be suspicious of the boy's motives (ie. presumably timewasting). Hazard 100% deserved his red card though.
    Bit silly if he was timewasting. I know the thought of Swansea making the final is tantalising, but he should know the ref adds time accordingly at the end of normal time for incidents like that. And it's the minimal time amount, not maximum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit silly if he was timewasting.
    He was definitely time wasting , he dropped on the ball like a ton of bricks then acted like he was somehow glued to the ball.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    The ball boy was a beligerent little sod. Had he done what he was SUPPOSED TO HAVE DONE, i.e given the ball to the player, this wouldn't have happened. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was definitely time wasting , he dropped on the ball like a ton of bricks then acted like he was somehow glued to the ball.

That was my immediate impression watching the clip.....Hazard trying to retrieve the ball but the ballboy doing his best to stop him (you usually see players using these timewasting tactics).
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,946
    Forum Member
    Hazard was at worst unprofessional. You don't kick out, even at ugly little shits like this one.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ball boy was a beligerent little sod. Had he had done what he was SUPPOSED TO HAVE DONE, i.e given the ball to the player, this wouldn't have happened. :cool:

He was doing exactly as he was told to do, ie...hold on to the ball as long as possible. The other ball boys were doing exactly the same thing.

It still doesn`t excuse a millionaire soccer player kicking him in the stomach though.
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Heat of the moment by the looks of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was doing exactly as he was told to do, ie...hold on to the ball as long as possible. The other ball boys were doing exactly the same thing.

Speedy throw ins though for all the Swansea players I presume? :rolleyes: