Options

Stuart Hall admits 14 sexual assaults...

Comments

• Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    why must there have been dozens/hundreds? we dont even know what exactly happened with these 13 women in the past.what if he had just put his arm round them for instance and all these years later they have blown it out of proportion? ever since the discovery about jimmy saville there seems to be more and more women making allegations.why didnt they come out with anything before this? are all the storys making them think that what was innocent seem more sinister?

These were not "women". The eldest was only 17. The youngest was 9 years old. The police or CPS would never have entertained these allegations if it had simply been a case of him "putting his arms round them.

I have never seen a more apt user name on DS
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lot of very bizarre posts here.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    why must there have been dozens/hundreds? we dont even know what exactly happened with these 13 women in the past.what if he had just put his arm round them for instance and all these years later they have blown it out of proportion? ever since the discovery about jimmy saville there seems to be more and more women making allegations.why didnt they come out with anything before this? are all the storys making them think that what was innocent seem more sinister?

According to one woman on the news today, he pinned her up against the wall in a hotel corridor with his hands all over her and frightened the life out of her....she only managed to escape his clutches because someone came along the corridor.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is UK a land of paedoes? :eek: But it's good they were all found out.
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    I agree (as long as they are the same ones that I think are bizarre) ;):D
  • Options
    WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    If anything he should be given a worser punishment for lying. His age shouldn't matter. An old lady got on the bus today and complained about being 94 and having to wait an hour for a ride. What would the Hall have to moan about? He'd have a bed, food and warmth.
  • Options
    WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Don't forget that our criminal justice system used to send wrongens down under. Hardly a punishment.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Funny how these scum can make it sound as though they are the true victims.

Still only the tip of the iceberg - when will those in higher places be called to account?:rolleyes:

Most definately this. These are small fry at the moment imo.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »

Yes, and nice to see some of them are being ignored.
  • Options
    cyril-furrcyril-furr Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Is UK a land of paedoes? :eek: But it's good they were all found out.

No, but it looks to me that the BBC made it easy for the paedo scumbags - Hall had an old first aid room for his own use at BBC North-west, Savile had a Caravan parked at Broadcasting house for his "Convenience"

And no, they have not ALL been found out, but operation yewtree plods on - it's wonders, to perform:)
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    I think this might end in tragedy?

I personally think that one of the many celebs that have been accused of these crimes will top themselves.

Whatever the gravity of their crimes, this would be a tragedy for their families.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Interesting that she says Hall didn't act alone and one of his cohorts was an MP and is now a Peer. More to come then?...

Presumably, bearing in mind who's in power, only if they were Labour. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Celebrities from the 1970's started sweating as soon as they heard the name "Operation Yewtree". It sounds ominous and sinister. Sounds like something from Mission Impossible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I just want to punch the guy who made the Jimmy Savile docomentry

Sorry, but why? Isn't it right that these perverts are exposed?

I liked Stuart Hall as much as anyone, and I feel cheated that he's a child molester, and a lying, conniving scum. I used to think he was a great guy. But I'm glad he's been exposed. Sadly, his family and friends - and I think his son of the same name has some sort of business in the north west - have become the latest victims.

What is pissing me off is people coming on DS and throwing random names of innocent celebrities 'of the right age' into the mix, often adding the unfunny 'allegedly' hook on the end, which offers NO legal protection btw.

These idiots like to give the impression they know something we don't, when really they're just throwing out random names to make us think 'oooh?' and to shit stir, basically. Two names who I can more or less guarantee wouldn't have such skeletons in their closets (cause of local knowledge) were thrown into threads and I don't like it. :mad:
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Most definately this. These are small fry at the moment imo.

The really huge ones will never be openly accused and dealt with. This is why it's mainly entertainers who are in the spotlight. They don't 'matter' in the grand scheme of things. If Stuart Hall was an MP or connected to the Royals, do you seriously think he would have had to admit his guilt??

Take Lord Mountbatten (cousin to the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh's uncle and Prince Charles's mentor, murdered in 1979), for example. His penchant for young boys has always been known, and he was the one who first introduced Jimmy Savile to the Royal Family, in 1966. Just like with Savile, his activities were an open secret, but, unlike Savile, his crimes will never be dealt with because of who he was. Heck, it took Savile to die for anything to happen with him and he wasn't even a Royal (though he thought himself as one)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great Saturday nights viewing here in the 80s. Stuart Hall presenting Look North West, then Rolf's Cartoon club, then Jim'll fix it. No wonder the country's screwed :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    A nine-year old. Christ.
  • Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes me wonder who else will get found out......who is next on the list??
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but why? Isn't it right that these perverts are exposed?

I liked Stuart Hall as much as anyone, and I feel cheated that he's a child molester, and a lying, conniving scum. I used to think he was a great guy. But I'm glad he's been exposed. Sadly, his family and friends - and I think his son of the same name has some sort of business in the north west - have become the latest victims.

What is pissing me off is people coming on DS and throwing random names of innocent celebrities 'of the right age' into the mix, often adding the unfunny 'allegedly' hook on the end, which offers NO legal protection btw.

These idiots like to give the impression they know something we don't, when really they're just throwing out random names to make us think 'oooh?' and to shit stir, basically. Two names who I can more or less guarantee wouldn't have such skeletons in their closets (cause of local knowledge) were thrown into threads and I don't like it. :mad:

Couldn't agree more:(

There are always some idiots that want to chuck names around based on totally on rumour and speculation...and think they are being clever:(
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In later years eg mid 80s onwards I have never ever warmed to Hall and found him quite pathetic. A bit of a BBC in joke. Some vile acts here...

But just a general point, I see one of the offences was kissing on the lips. Is that Indecent Assault?

Also, does that offence differ if the recipient is 15 or 17 or 19?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim certainly fixed it for them all.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks off his head here: http://hub.tv-ark.org.uk/images/bbc_northwest/bbc_nw_images/news/stuart_hall_1969.jpg

Not excusing his behaviour but he always seemed a bit other worldly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bowland37 wrote: »
    He looks off his head here: http://hub.tv-ark.org.uk/images/bbc_northwest/bbc_nw_images/news/stuart_hall_1969.jpg

Not excusing his behaviour but he always seemed a bit other worldly.

As in the world of paedophiles?