That little speech has sadly just probably won it for Sam

Comments

• DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blackcat55 wrote: »
    BB1 Craig Philips won the show way before the end by confronting nasty Nick One moment was all it took. Can anyone remember anything else Craig did apart from sleep?

Yes,
    He fought with Caroline who he made no secret of his dislike for and then when she was genuinely and deeply upset he comforted her, properly.
    He was always 'up' and gave the tasks his best shot.
    He was quite fun and light hearted
    He joined Nicola in the naked clay painting with a smile.
    He said when he had an issue, he just sat down and said it

He know nothing about BB, he had no idea what would work and wouldn't, he just did what he does.
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I would feel cheated. I don't care about his disability. Others in that house have been consistently entertaining an deserve it much more. It just feels like entitlement culture...
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    antero wrote: »
    I would feel cheated. I don't care about his disability. Others in that house have been consistently entertaining an deserve it much more. It just feels like entitlement culture...

I have found Sam entertaining since day 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    antero wrote: »

Well you find a post from someone saying that they were not going to support Sam, but now that they feel sorry for him they will. Go on. This 'sympathy vote' would need thousands of people to make it work. I am only asking you to find one.
  • TheprodigalTheprodigal Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He showed he is the only genuine housemate in there. Everyone plays up to the cameras at every opportunity.
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    No he isn't, he didn't ask for your sympathy. If anything Dexter is the one trying to get votes with his rubbish journey crap he comes out with.

He aint got my sympathy......and Dexter isnt doing the sympathy thing, hes just being a good housemate.
  • ImperialImperial Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    As Mark Little said, the rest of them have no compassion, too busy with their gameplans. Apart from Callum strangely.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Imperial wrote: »
    As Mark Little said, the rest of them have no compassion, too busy with their gameplans. Apart from Callum strangely.

But Gina has spent time with Sam, he even said she was the only one who listened to him and let him finish his sentences.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    user999 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the mass number of voters to win only watch the final week. Unless sam can repeat the speech then he has no chance. People forget what housemates did after a week.

I'll have forgotten it by tomorrow.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was nothing insincere about Sam there

I think it was a genuinely touching moment ... and we don't have many of those in BB
  • cooslacoosla Posts: 1,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam thought when he went in there and everyone found out about his earing, they would all make him the centre of attention and just coast to victory just like Pete did. Unfortunately as time has moved on HM's are now only concerned with themselves and don't give a shite about anyone else, no matter what might be a problem.

He has made no effort at all unless it's something to do with football, something he is interested in. I have a feeling he is used to having his own way at home and with his friends and is pis*ed off that he isn't being treated the same in there.

He has become friends with the Collum which is unfortunate, because he isn't exactly the most liked HM in there he can't help him mix in with the group.

He has made some nasty comments about Gena and has been really horrible about Dexter, I didn't like the way he slagged him off today right infront of him, which again I think he gets away with doing things like this with his friends, but it certainly isn't acceptable in general, i thought he came across really vile and childish,

He is now in the SH with Sophie in a one to one situation, but Sophie is now saying she is glad Dan is in there because Sam has become boring in the last day or two, he can't use the excuse that he can't hear whats going on in there. He just can't be bothered, he would prefer, to sit, do nothing with the Collum and listen to him bitch about Dexter and drone on about his love for Charlie.

There is no-way at all he deserves to win, infact imo he would be the most undeserving winner ever!
  • eyespyeyespy Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did he go in the house?
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eyespy wrote: »

Sympathy maybe, thats what some peeps are saying now.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Playing on the audience insecurities, the aw factor.

I think it's all over

He just needed a moment and that is probably the moment sadly

I feel your pain! I fully understand how much a non-fame-hungry-**** winning BB would upset you.

If only you could wean yourself off those types and gain enjoyment from normal people. Have you tried Callums therapy courses?

Still, better luck next year!
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eyespy wrote: »

Because he wanted to go on BB. Not everyone go in for fame you know.
    sheils1 wrote: »
    Sympathy maybe, thats what some peeps are saying now.

Nope, i don't see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    coosla wrote: »
    Sam thought when he went in there and everyone found out about his earing, they would all make him the centre of attention and just coast to victory just like Pete did. Unfortunately as time has moved on HM's are now only concerned with themselves and don't give a shite about anyone else, no matter what might be a problem.

He has made no effort at all unless it's something to do with football, something he is interested in. I have a feeling he is used to having his own way at home and with his friends and is pis*ed off that he isn't being treated the same in there.

He has become friends with the Collum which is unfortunate, because he isn't exactly the most liked HM in there he can't help him mix in with the group.

He has made some nasty comments about Gena and has been really horrible about Dexter, I didn't like the way he slagged him off today right infront of him, which again I think he gets away with doing things like this with his friends, but it certainly isn't acceptable in general, i thought he came across really vile and childish,

He is now in the SH with Sophie in a one to one situation, but Sophie is now saying she is glad Dan is in there because Sam has become boring in the last day or two, he can't use the excuse that he can't hear whats going on in there. He just can't be bothered, he would prefer, to sit, do nothing with the Collum and listen to him bitch about Dexter and drone on about his love for Charlie.

There is no-way at all he deserves to win, infact imo he would be the most undeserving winner ever!

well said coosla
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really don't recognise Sam at all from your description.

I watch the Live Feed and the online clips, and see him having a laugh with Gina - he was teaching her to play a game they have all been playing through the show (that we haven't seen before) with a cork. He has had lengthy conversations with her. He's seen in group settings having a laugh with all of the HMs, not lying around in bed. Have only seen him talk about football a couple of times.

He sits and talks to Callum, much as all the HMs sit and talk to a friend sometimes (Dexter with Charlie for example).

Sophie was saying that she felt Sam didn't like being in the SH cause he didn't like be separated, from what I could tell.

As to nasty remarks, not one HM in there hasn't made a remark or two about another - that happens in any house where people live together, and most people aren't stuck together 24/7.

Sure, he may not deserve to win - and I doubt he will - but he's certainly not the person you described.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    There was nothing insincere about Sam there

I think it was a genuinely touching moment ... and we don't have many of those in BB

YES. thats how I see it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Gina has spent time with Sam, he even said she was the only one who listened to him and let him finish his sentences.

Her and Callum treat him with respect. Shame some posters don't, accusing him of going for the sympathy. Callum asked him something, he explained. I found it interesting myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People on this forum are so cold. I think sometimes you need to forget about your 'rules' for a HM and rememeber they are human beings and each different with sensitive issues. I'm not saying Sam should win just for being deaf at all of course but there's no shame in rooting for him because he is struggling with a real problem while others in the house are faking showmances and crying about being nominated. Sam's little 'speech' made me really feel him and there's nothing wrong with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Omg you've just made Sam out to be this horrible person when you know next to nothing about him. I know you don't because he gets almost zero airtime. I think that says way more about you than him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam thought when he went in there and everyone found out about his earing,
    I hadn't even noticed that he wore one.
    I thought it was rather touching. Sam didn't like having privileges that the others don't have. He doesn't enjoy using the pool because the rest of them can't. I like that; nothing wrong with Sophie's robust declaration that it is there for them to use, and they are not flaunting it, but I still like Sam's take on it.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

good post :)
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofialady wrote: »
    Omg you've just made Sam out to be this horrible person when you know next to nothing about him. I know you don't because he gets almost zero airtime. I think that says way more about you than him.

if you watch live feed every night you see that he can be like the poster said :)
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Playing on the audience insecurities, the aw factor.

I think it's all over

He just needed a moment and that is probably the moment sadly

Sam's a good guy, but Gina still has this in the bag.