Options

Rugby League on Pick TV

Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,809
Forum Member
✭✭
Pick TV ( channel 11 on freeview and Sky channel 152 ) are showing saturdays Magic Weekend games live. All 7 of the weekends matches are on Sky Sports but the 4 Saturday ones are available to non subscribers too.

All 3 Hull sides ( Hull City, Hull FC and Hull KR ) all playing on TV at 5pm.

Comments

• Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least one Hull team will be victorious on Saturday evening then.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    At least one Hull team will be victorious on Saturday evening then.:D

Ah you expecting the rugby league game to end in a draw then eh ? :D
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 201,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that , I might have missed them..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    Great news for Rugby League supporters, hopefully Sky do more of this, can't see it though.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A minority channel for a minority sport. Appropriate.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm from hull, it's a shame I have absolutely no intresest is sport..... It gonna be hard to ignore this weekends.

If the tigers win the f.a. Cup and have to play in Europe, them we've stumbled into some kind of twilight zone......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    A minority channel for a minority sport. Appropriate.

Actually Super League gets higher ratings than Rugby Union does on Sky so that is wrong. Plus I wouldn't call Sky Sports a minority channel. Unless of course you are the ghost of Kerry Packer
    I'm from hull, it's a shame I have absolutely no intresest is sport..... It gonna be hard to ignore this weekends.

If the tigers win the f.a. Cup and have to play in Europe, them we've stumbled into some kind of twilight zone......

City are in Europe even if we lose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What.... I could usually rely on my beautiful freak city, to have a consistent bleak mediocrity.

Now....... Hull f.c. Doing well, city of culture, we might get to host the bafta's.

Do you know they were shooting a bit of a film about the queen here last month, the americans love shit like that....

What the hulls going on?...... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What.... I could usually rely on my beautiful freak city, to have a consistent bleak mediocrity.

Now....... Hull f.c. Doing well, city of culture, we might get to host the bafta's.

Do you know they were shooting a bit of a film about the queen here last month, the americans love shit like that....

What the hulls going on?...... ;)

Rupert Everett was talking about it on Paul O'Grady tonight. I passed it most days, looked great
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found out about getting extra work too late to audition......:(
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Great news for Rugby League supporters, hopefully Sky do more of this, can't see it though.
    Great news UNLESS you live in Hull and also enjoy soccer. Seriously, why couldn't the RFL see that having Hull FC vs Hull KR at the same time as Hull City vs Arsenal was a bad idea? As soon as City won their FA Cup semi-final, the RFL should've shuffled the Magic Weekend matches around. They had a month's notice. Now even the armchair fans can't watch both, making the Pick thing pretty much meaningless here.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Great news UNLESS you live in Hull and also enjoy soccer. Seriously, why couldn't the RFL see that having Hull FC vs Hull KR at the same time as Hull City vs Arsenal was a bad idea? As soon as City won their FA Cup semi-final, the RFL should've shuffled the Magic Weekend matches around. They had a month's notice. Now even the armchair fans can't watch both, making the Pick thing pretty much meaningless here.>:(

I disagree. Im a football and rugby league fan but the FA cup is going to win for me. Remember the tickets for the Magic weekend had been on sale weeks before the FA cup semi final. To change the date of the Hull derby would be rude to those who have booked tickets, travel and accommodation. The only way they could have done it would be to swap it with the second game on the Saturday. Even then it's affecting other clubs.

And speak for yourself. I live in Hull and think it is great news and an amazing Super Saturday
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pick TV ( channel 11 on freeview and Sky channel 152 ) are showing saturdays Magic Weekend games live. All 7 of the weekends matches are on Sky Sports but the 4 Saturday ones are available to non subscribers too.

All 3 Hull sides ( Hull City, Hull FC and Hull KR ) all playing on TV at 5pm.

Also available on Virgin Media channel 180 and Freesat (not sure of the channel number).