PS Plus

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a PS+ member, If you previously downloaded Guacamelee on PS3/Vita you can now upgrade to PS4's Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition for £2.96

(And you get to keep it if your PS+ expires).
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towerfall now available
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a PS+ member, If you previously downloaded Guacamelee on PS3/Vita you can now upgrade to PS4's Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition for £2.96

That's a good price, I might get it.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lego Batman 2 still 19.99.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great price - I picked it up. Really good game this, challenging but fun.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I didn't like about Guacamelee is that I managed with a little effort to get through every boss and challenge until the very last one, who I can't even get close to defeating. In the end I gave up, which is a real shame as it was one of the most fun games I've played up to that point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    The only thing I didn't like about Guacamelee is that I managed with a little effort to get through every boss and challenge until the very last one, who I can't even get close to defeating. In the end I gave up, which is a real shame as it was one of the most fun games I've played up to that point.

Really? I found the end boss easy, even on hard mode, he follows a exact pattern unlike other bosses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only played Guacamelee on vita before - I seem to be getting on better on the PS4, the controller makes all the difference. Great game. Drinkbox are awesome.

Not getting Towerfall at all - the reviews have all been glowing but it seems clunky and dull to me.

Strider is decent fun - retro gameplay but with nicely updated graphics etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Really? I found the end boss easy, even on hard mode, he follows a exact pattern unlike other bosses.

Just realised I should have been spoilering this stuff:
    It was a while ago but I seem to remember having no difficulty with the initial form but the demon form he then turns into I couldn't get close to. I think the issue was that I wasn't quick enough to break his shield, dodge his attacks and actually do damage. I could do two of the three - so either dodged the attacks without hurting him or did damage but got killed at the same time.

I suspect I could do with a buddy calling his attacks so that I don't have to watch him. I remember just getting whacked all the time - I couldn't both watch his move for the three attacks (fire floor, fire line, blue fireballs) whilst grabbing meteors and chucking them at the same time.

Perhaps now it's been about 6 months I should have another go and see if I can do it!
  • originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    i searched manually for the batman lego game on the store last night via the vita as it still wasnt listed on the ps+ page and it turned up as free. havnt checked to see if they have put it on the correct page today but it is available :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realised I should have been spoilering this stuff:
    It was a while ago but I seem to remember having no difficulty with the initial form but the demon form he then turns into I couldn't get close to. I think the issue was that I wasn't quick enough to break his shield, dodge his attacks and actually do damage. I could do two of the three - so either dodged the attacks without hurting him or did damage but got killed at the same time.

I suspect I could do with a buddy calling his attacks so that I don't have to watch him. I remember just getting whacked all the time - I couldn't both watch his move for the three attacks (fire floor, fire line, blue fireballs) whilst grabbing meteors and chucking them at the same time.

Perhaps now it's been about 6 months I should have another go and see if I can do it!

Went back to it today and beat him fifth try (bearing in mind I had to get back into the controls too).

I was never much good at boss battles anyway, I can see the patterns but get impatient and want to whack the boss every chance instead of picking my moments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went back to it today and beat him fifth try (bearing in mind I had to get back into the controls too).

I was never much good at boss battles anyway, I can see the patterns but get impatient and want to whack the boss every chance instead of picking my moments.
    Normal mode is the initial play through and hard mode is the second playthrough.

He does a different tell before ever attack and then when you work that out you know what attack is coming and dodge accordingly.

If you take a few attempts to work out what attack he is about to do and how to dodge it you will be able to do it without getting hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

if you try hard mode he is just a little faster but it's nothing awful.

I actually found the women the toughest boss in hard mode as she has 4 yellow guys with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The games for August will be revealed next week. Sony say it will be an "eclectic" selection with something for everyone.

The rumours are -

PS4 Octodad, The Swapper
    PS3 Saints Row 4, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
    PSV 1001 Spikes, Atelier Rorona Plus

Can't say I'd be too impressed by that. But then, I've still got stuff from months back I still haven't got around to playing yet so I won't lose any sleep over it.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Octodad would suit us I think as kids were going on about it a few weeks back. Far cry 3 has already been on ps3 I think ?
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing if true. SR4 would be the only one of (little) interest.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend and I enjoyed playing Saints Row 2 & 3 in co-op but never got around to buying SR4 because of GTA. So if its free we will jump on that title.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and have liked the look of Blood Dragon but just never got around to buying it.

I hope this turns out to be true.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    SR4 and Blood Dragon, I really hope the rumour proves true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly an improvement on last months dismal offerings.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    My friend and I enjoyed playing Saints Row 2 & 3 in co-op but never got around to buying SR4 because of GTA. So if its free we will jump on that title.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and have liked the look of Blood Dragon but just never got around to buying it.

I hope this turns out to be true.
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    SR4 and Blood Dragon, I really hope the rumour proves true.

Can vouch for Blood Dragon. It's a short game kind of like Far Cry 3 lite. If you've got a soft spot for the 80's you will love the references and nods to films/games/tv of that era, and there's a neon colour scheme. With Michael Biehn voicing the main character, Rex, whose pieces of dialogue are very funny and almost make you forget about FC3 protagonist, Jason and his whiney arse.

I really wish they had made it a full game.
    If I hadn't have bought it already (£2.50 can't complain) I would be more excited by these offerings.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better to be a PS3 owner again it looks like. Don't know anything about the PS4 games but I'm thinking I would have if they were unmissable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Better to be a PS3 owner again it looks like. Don't know anything about the PS4 games but I'm thinking I would have if they were unmissable.

To be fair, one of the PS4 games isn't even out yet. Not surprising that you haven't heard much of it.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I hope The Swapper is one of the games. Been hearing great things about it. Octodad looks like a fun game for a little while but really annoying/frustrating quickly & I'll be shouting, "look ya prick, just pour the ****ing cereal!! :mad:"
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I've gone and done my research now.

Octodad does actually look like it could be a good laugh. Supposedly can be completed in a couple of hours though.

The Swapper looks like it's trying to be a bit different so could be quite an interesting puzzler. Plus just glad to see a PS+ PS4 game that doesn't look like it was designed for the Commodore 64.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swapper is meant to be a great game, so looking forward to that one.

Octodad looks irritating as hell to me, awkward controls are rarely fun in my experience.

Wouldn't mind a blast on SR4 - looks like a bit of Infamous style fun. Enjoyed FC3 so Blood Dragon would be worth a look.

The Vita stuff looks okay - 1001 spikes looks really tough though....

Not a bad bunch, if true, but agree that the PS3 has the strongest line up again. It has the strongest library, so that is to expected I guess.