Eat Cinema
The Amp
ABC1
Performance channel
Classic FM TV
The Business Channel
Pulse
Nuts TV
Setanta Golf and some Setanta programming.
Golf channel
Life TV
Setanta News
The Hits
TWC
Real Estate TV
Trouble
Film Four Weekly
BBC Choice
Brit Hits

Comments

• robbrarobbra Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the Cyprus channel
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Here's my list of non mainstream great channels:

Unexplained channel
    OMusic TV
    Men & Motors
    CBS Action
    CBS Reality
    Zone Horror
    Scuzz
    Motors TV
    Luxe HD

Not that there's many left so might have to add a few past ones:

Bubble Hits
    Bedroom TV
    Eat Cinema
    The Amp
    ABC1
    Performance channel
    Classic FM TV
    The Business Channel
    Pulse
    Nuts TV
    Setanta Golf and some Setanta programming.
    Golf channel
    Life TV
    Setanta News
    The Hits
    TWC
    Real Estate TV
    Trouble
    Film Four Weekly
    BBC Choice
    Brit Hits

What was Bedroom TV? Was it about bedroom furniture or, er, something else? ;)
  • spannersspanners Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best current understated channels has got to be Film24. The films and various MFTV series are great and of a very high quality.

Of those channels that have disappeared I thought the Business Channel was the most interesting particularly for its documentaries, hopefully someone will take a punt and bring it back perhaps on Freesat.
    Forum Member
    spanners wrote: »
    One of the best current understated channels has got to be Film24. The films and various MFTV series are great and of a very high quality.

Of those channels that have disappeared I thought the Business Channel was the most interesting particularly for its documentaries, hopefully someone will take a punt and bring it back perhaps on Freesat.

Was that the business documentary thingy? Maybe it didn't have the same relevance as CNBC/Bloomberg as it didn't have rolling finance news.
  • spannersspanners Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that the business documentary thingy? Maybe it didn't have the same relevance as CNBC/Bloomberg as it didn't have rolling finance news.

That's why it was interesting. There were documentaries on the coca cola / pepsi war, the fashion industry, the motor industry and many more. IMO it was better than any of the so-called documentary channels that currently broadcast.
    Forum Member
    That's why it was interesting. There were documentaries on the coca cola / pepsi war, the fashion industry, the motor industry and many more. IMO it was better than any of the so-called documentary channels that currently broadcast.

CNBC had a Coca-Cola documentary recently, they show some good business documentaries at 10pm every weeknight. Maybe though the recession didn't help and people didn't find it relevant for business news in the economic climate and instead turned to the financial channels? Could have been too that the Business Channel was losing money and viewers as its a very niche channel.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch sometimes

CBS Reality when they have UFO stuff on

Thats about the only one

Past Channels

.TV

Weather channel

An old German Channel which used to show Earth from Space at Night with chill out music on the old Analogue does any one remember this?

The old MTV from the 90s

Children's Channel but POP shows a lot of whet used to be on this.

The Astra Loop Channel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with you on Film24, the channel has been around for quite a while but over the past few months its really improved a lot.

I wrote to them last week about a film scheduled in their EPG listing which I kept adding to record on Sky+ but kept being dropped from the listings, and they were really helpful and interested on getting viewer feedback.
    I also thanked them for showing some really good quality independent films and they replied saying the channel's "film buying policy is now skewed very firmly towards independent film".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Rural TV

for Countrymusic Geeks like me...:o
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musicians Channel, learnt some great guitar tips from that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was Bedroom TV? Was it about bedroom furniture or, er, something else? ;)

I think it was a music channel where people would film themselves miming/dancing to a song, send it in to the channel and they would air it.
  • cdon77cdon77 Posts: 464
    Forum Member

Shaka Zulu on tonight at 9.
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,177
    Forum Member
    I

An old German Channel which used to show Earth from Space at Night with chill out music on the old Analogue does any one remember this?

BR Alpha and the main BR channel (BR = Bayerischer Rundfunk)

The channels still broadcasting ay 19.2 - tune in to them every now and again

Both channels still show SPACE NIGHT

http://www.br-online.de/br-alpha/space-night/index.xml;jsessionid=YHJA5SLVGWQBICSBUKTCFEQ
  • Scalper JackScalper Jack Posts: 4,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaka Zulu had been on BEN.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member

http://www.br-online.de/br-alpha/space-night/index.xml;jsessionid=YHJA5SLVGWQBICSBUKTCFEQ

Was that the one that used to show some guy doing a painting every night or so ? about 1/2 hour or hour program ?
  • peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that the painting channel which is on Information tv
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the old southern region kids shows on film24 at the moment (the flockton flyer,the freewheelers and dick barton-special agent)great to see those progs from my childhood back on tv :D
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that the painting channel which is on Information tv

it could be,or it could be that guy on the discovery channel that looked like one of the hair bear bunch ;)(cant remember the chaps name ,but he was a fab artist :) )
    Forum Member
    colinicky wrote: »
    Was that the one that used to show some guy doing a painting every night or so ? about 1/2 hour or hour program ?

Bob Ross - Joy of Painting - they are still showing it!
    Forum Member
    darnall42 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the old southern region kids shows on film24 at the moment (the flockton flyer,the freewheelers and dick barton-special agent)great to see those progs from my childhood back on tv :D

They will be showing 'That Beryl Maston!' and 'Take A Letter Mr Jones' from next month.

Got to admit, Film24 is a fantastic channel - kind of hooked on the programme 'Sordid Lives' on the channel at the moment (which stars Rue McClanahan from The Golden Girls)

Also enjoying Flockton Flyer!
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to admit, Film24 is a fantastic channel
    Agreed, they have some good game and film review progs, some of their films are OK too (liked the old brit classics they showed a while back). Another (recently launched) gem I'd recommend a look at is Renault TV (883), they have a really interesting film archive prog "Film Club" hosted by Robert Llewellyn (kryton from Red Dwarf/Scrapheap Challenge) with some footage from as far back as the 40s in various far flung parts of the world, progs on various persons of note and their Renaults, Renault test drives, F1 etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Agreed, they have some good game and film review progs, some of their films are OK too (liked the old brit classics they showed a while back).

They've started showing some absolutely brilliant BBC fillers as well that I've not seen anywhere before.
  • chewstickchewstick Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

can i tune into those on my sky box, if so i would love to know how because i love space night. They do have it online now but i would love to record it on my sky box, i love spacenight
    failing that i would like to record it on my laptop , but don't know how:-( ANY help would be appreciated