This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 18**

Comments

• PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    But then it will hide her bruises and how is she going to whine and claim how hard she's found it and look at her knees because she's really struggled this week. :rolleyes::p

Perhaps she can stick one heel through the other leg, rip if and hold the leg of the catsuit to Bruce showing the ripped shreds over and over again whilst also pleading with everyone to look at the state of her knees. :D

She is a genius!!!! :D:D:D
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Ah ok, I'm pretty sure the opposite was initially reported on here, because I remember finding the whole thing highly doubtful (as in, backers pulling out as a result of Dani not doing the show - I assumed it was coincidence rather than cause and effect).

I found this article which says it was initially blamed on Dani, but then cleared.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found this article which says it was initially blamed on Dani, but then cleared.

It's blocked hun. ;)
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then it will hide her bruises and how is she going to whine and claim how hard she's found it and look at her knees because she's really struggled this week. :rolleyes::p

Perhaps she can stick one heel through the other leg, rip if and hold the leg of the catsuit to Bruce showing the ripped shreds over and over again whilst also pleading with everyone to look at the state of her knees. :D

It's lace, the bruises will show through nicely especially if enhanced with a dab of eyeshadow.

A black lacy catsuit ... so Ann Summers :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's lace, the bruises will show through nicely especially if enhanced with a dab of eyeshadow.

Has she arranged the limp acting (and i mean that both ways :D) and the crutches for the side of the dancefloor then? ;)
    Forum Member
    It's blocked hun. ;)

Really? Wonder what's wrong.

Most pertinent part:
    The Tracy Beaker actress has come out and confirmed that she will be taking part in the BBC competition – the first celebrity to do so this year – and it seems she was forced into making the admission after fans claimed she cancelled other work commitments to star in the series.

The actress had been due to perform in a touring version of the musical ‘Disco Inferno’, alongside Sam Attwater and Javine Hylton but yesterday it was revealed that the production was cancelled, with many people blaming Dani’s exit as the reason it couldn’t go ahead.

Harmer quickly took to Twitter to deny the reports and tweeted her followers saying:

“As you know disco inferno has been cancelled but it has nothing to do with me. It is…All down to bad management and money! But I can now confirm I’m doing strictly come dancing! So yea.”

From Unreality TV. Google Dani Harmer Disco Inferno and it should be one of the first articles there.

Or try this BBC's own story on it.
  • kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These are pretty much my thoughts. They're both reality tv veterans and pretty much anything they could have done to make things worse, they did. I don't get it. Out of curiosity I did a Google search of "chris evans denise van outen strictly" and on first page had one article about Chris' comments. All the rest were Denise responding. Much the same on page 2. I really think it's Denise and James who blew this whole thing out of proportion in terms of the media. I mean, didn't the article(s) about Dani pulling out of a disco dancing musical in order to do Strictly (and the musical subsequently losing its financial backers and folding) appear at around the same time as the Chris Evans comments? That could have been far more harmful (professional dance experience, lack of professionalism/ letting people down in pulling out of the show, so "desperate" to be in the public eye that she'd pull out of a job she'd already signed up to do in order to be in Strictly), yet it blew over in a matter of weeks (days?).

I slightly love that the winners' panel tonight showed Jill kicking and flicking with flair, Mark doing a dangerous looking salsa trick and Chris... clumsily falling forwards and sliding along the floor on his bum. Ah yes, the amazing dance prowess of yester-year. In fairness I don't actually mind Chris, who always seems vaguely embarassed that he somehow won despite being really blatantly not the best dancer. His loyalty to the Jordans is very sweet as well.

Random question but Denise's jive didn't get 39 the first time round, did it? I could have sworn the jive came before the Charleston, which I'm pretty sure brought Denise's first tens.

Flavia vs. Vincent for the showdance showdown please! Denise is doing yet another mash-up of her previous dances and Kimberley/ Pasha are stealing music from dance(r)s I liked again, which means she's going to be competing against both Rachel Stevens and Alesha in my head at the weekend (seriously Pasha, just put the music down, give it back to their previous owners and I'll say no more. I like your choreography and I'm liking Kimberley more and more as the weeks go on but I *loved* Rachel's tango and you're going to have a hard time beating the beginning of Alesha's cha cha so just... hands off their music, please. *grumps*). I love that Flavia and Vincent have gone "Right, I know the others are skipping dances and we're kind of out of time but you're my celeb and I say you're doing everything so Louis, here's the second half of your rumba and your AT training and Dani, you're on Paso and rumba. If you think you're leaving here without doing all my dances, you've got another think coming!"

Unappreciating James for reaching another final without doing either AT or samba. Not-So-Artful Dodger. :rolleyes: Also unappreciating that every time they call him Jimmy I start humming "You're a queer one, Jimmy Jordan." :o

BiB is absolutely the reason why I like a lot of other people didn't mind him. He never thought he was any good and knew that Ricky and Ali in particular were better

he understood that being very popular & being a really good dancer don't always go hand in hand

its the exact opposite of Lisa who definitely started to believe her own publicity
  • PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

DeKnees is wearing a catsuit???? Sheesh, her legs are almost as spidery as Camilla's, sexy.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

Has she arranged the limp acting (and i mean that both ways :D) and the crutches for the side of the dancefloor then? ;)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Much unappreciating those who start threads asking for opinions merely as bait to shout down all those who disagree with them at the moment. Apparently I am jealous of Deep Vein Ostentation! I'm trying to think how low the rock bottom would have to be to find Denise aspirational. It possibly involves being the head of cleaning operations in an abattoir and running out of rubber gloves.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I had a good old ha ha ha de ha at Denise on ITT when she said that in their showdance her and James were using it as an " opportunity to show everyone what we have learned :)

You silly mare , James is the one who was meant to be teaching you. She has made it sound as if they have been learning to dance together ....... not even keeping up the pretence of being a non dancer who has been given a great chance to learn from a professional. Whereas everywhere else you look they are both bleating about how unfairly she has been treated. What an out and out ringer.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much unappreciating those who start threads asking for opinions merely as bait to shout down all those who disagree with them at the moment. Apparently I am jealous of Deep Vein Ostentation! I'm trying to think how low the rock bottom would have to be to find Denise aspirational. It possibly involves being the head of cleaning operations in an abattoir and running out of rubber gloves.

I think you'll also find you're intimidated by a talented and confident woman/despise hard work/lack sufficient dance knowledge to properly appreciate her/can't forgive her for being a ladette/mistake her ambition for being a smart arse and of course you're just a jellus hatah.:D

Budge up everybody and make room on the chaise longue. Tarquin, get chacha a drink and a pastie.:)
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    I had a good old ha ha ha de ha at Denise on ITT when she said that in their showdance her and James were using it as an " opportunity to show everyone what we have learned :)

You silly mare , James is the one who was meant to be teaching you. She has made it sound as if they have been learning to dance together ....... not even keeping up the pretence of being a non dancer who has been given a great chance to learn from a professional. Whereas everywhere else you look they are both bleating about how unfairly she has been treated. What an out and out ringer.

I just thought that someone else had been drinking out of the Lisa Riley Fountain of Modesty and Humility :cool: :D
  • serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final Denise whine of the series :( she just announced on the radio that she has a dislocated rib. In fairless, it sounds slightly more serious than her mild whiplash.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    serafimo wrote: »
    Final Denise whine of the series :( she just announced on the radio that she has a dislocated rib. In fairless, it sounds slightly more serious than her mild whiplash.
    Came off my bike a few months ago & my ribs are still painful. You just get on with things. :mad:

Definitely think wardrobe have become anti Deknees, giving her a costume that emphasises all her attributes soooo well. ;)
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must have seen the original reports of that and then not got the full story (although I do remember the denial that the show folding had anything to do with Dani). :o Most of my point stands though - even with the denial, that could have been pretty harmful publicity-wise and certainly suggested Dani could be as ringer-ish as Denise but the whole thing blew over with a couple of "Nope, that's not the story, really looking forward to Strictly!" announcements. That story was just handled *so* much better than the Chris Evans thing.
    Forum Member
    I must have seen the original reports of that and then not got the full story (although I do remember the denial that the show folding had anything to do with Dani). :o Most of my point stands though - even with the denial, that could have been pretty harmful publicity-wise and certainly suggested Dani could be as ringer-ish as Denise but the whole thing blew over with a couple of "Nope, that's not the story, really looking forward to Strictly!" announcements. That story was just handled *so* much better than the Chris Evans thing.

Oh, I totally agree. Hell, even any accusations of her having some previous dance experience on the BBC (remember she did Let's Dance for Sport Relief, and arguably did more training than Kara, Harry and Matt did) seem to have slid off her like water on a duck's back. She's been managed much better, and her easier personality has helped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I totally agree. Hell, even any accusations of her having some previous dance experience on the BBC (remember she did Let's Dance for Sport Relief, and arguably did more training than Kara, Harry and Matt did) seem to have slid off her like water on a duck's back. She's been managed much better, and her easier personality has helped.

Or she's just too boring to remember that she's there half the time. ;)

Or she just wasn't that good. ;) The thing is Vincent is obviously a much better dancer than Dani, Denise is obviously much better than her celebrity partner James. :D:p
    Forum Member
    Or she's just too boring to remember that she's there half the time. ;)

Or she just wasn't that good. ;) The thing is Vincent is obviously a much better dancer than Dani, Denise is obviously much better than her celebrity partner James. :D:p

She has slid through very nicely. The first few weeks were average, but never bad. From about Week 5 on, she's been sailing. Increasingly good results, but there's always someone else to attract the "overmarked" tag. She's not getting bad comments or scores...

The other thing is, that we have seen the personalities of the others. Denise is funny, but prone to drama and hypochondria :p. Louis has a cheeky side behind the carefully composed competing face. Kimberley is surprisingly sweet-natured.

Dani is short; and Vincent is comedy Italian. That's it. By reducing themselves to such a schtick, they've done themselves a disservice. They've also been the victim of the comedy VTs - there haven't been as many as last year, but Dani & Vincent have had loads. How many times has Vincent/Dani dressed up? We've had geeky Vincent/Fonz Vincent, speed dating Vincent, Dani-as-Vincent...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if half the reason for that is that Dani has pretty much grown up on children's tv so in comparison to the others, she's much more used to doing stupid dress-up comedy segments. I've never watched Dani's House so I may be completely wrong about this, but is that one of those children's shows where the lead actress is "playing themselves" i.e. she is Dani but with an exaggerated personality and doing stupid things? Only if so, the fact that she's ok reducing herself to short smurf tiny person with comedy Italian for SCD and doing frequent comedy segments makes a lot of sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if half the reason for that is that Dani has pretty much grown up on children's tv so in comparison to the others, she's much more used to doing stupid dress-up comedy segments. I've never watched Dani's House so I may be completely wrong about this, but is that one of those children's shows where the lead actress is "playing themselves" i.e. she is Dani but with an exaggerated personality and doing stupid things? Only if so, the fact that she's ok reducing herself to short smurf tiny person with comedy Italian for SCD and doing frequent comedy segments makes a lot of sense.

They do a very odd skit as dopy Aliens watching over the antics at Dani's House Here is Dani
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    They do a very odd skit as dopy Aliens watching over the antics at Dani's House Here is Dani

Thanks! Am at work (:o) at the moment but I shall watch the clip later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks! Am at work (:o) at the moment but I shall watch the clip later.

Its only a picture. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doing her comedy Pasha ready for the VT on Saturday where they take the piss out of each other. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its only a picture. :D

Sorry, I assumed you'd posted the link to the skit. :eek: Yeah... I can see why Dani wouldn't be too concerned by any of the Strictly comedy costumes...
This discussion has been closed.