Options

Golf 2014 US Masters

Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,686
Forum Member
✭✭
Announced that Tiger Woods won't be playing at Augusta, injured sadly.

So who will win it ? Can Europe have its first winner since the 90s ? Can a Brit be victorious ? Or will it be an American that takes the Green Jacket ?

Who is your money on ?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the way there is also a prediction comp in the games section
  • Options
    EPYEPY Posts: 6,396
    Forum Member
    It's shame that Woods won't be playing, the event won't be the same without him.

Europe's best chance probably lies with Henrik Stenson... maybe even Victor Dubuisson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    stenson and mcdowell , iv bet on both !!
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Sorry to see Woods out

Will be sad seeing no Harrington either IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    Sorry to see Woods out

Will be sad seeing no Harrington either IMO

i agree mate , even tho he is way out of form harrington has always been a favorite player of mine , iv bet on him in all his major wins , hes won me a lot of money in the past . i will miss him .
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    shades1 wrote: »
    i agree mate , even tho he is way out of form harrington has always been a favorite player of mine , iv bet on him in all his major wins , hes won me a lot of money in the past . i will miss him .

Yeah it'll definitely be different w/o him :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EPY wrote: »
    It's shame that Woods won't be playing, the event won't be the same without him.

Europe's best chance probably lies with Henrik Stenson... maybe even Victor Dubuisson.

Good shouts
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think David Lynn is a good e/w bet at 300/1. On Branden Grace e/w at 200/1 as well.

Also got my usual win bets on Mahan and Snedeker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You always get good value for golf tournaments but it is worth using oddschecker before you bet. Some firms may pay 6 or 7 places but their odds are often less than those paying 5
  • Options
    FrispsFrisps Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Dustin Johnso i think this could be his year. Sleeper Pick: Harris English
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the final tournament before the Masters had just finished Matt Jones yet another Aussie wins the Houston Open and therefore the final place at the Masters.

It's been a strange golf year so far none of the big names in any great form, lots of unheralded names winning tournaments.

I am really not sure who I fancy this year its a very open one and just about anybody who has played before could probably contend
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope whoever wins the masters isn't remembered and referred to as the winner of the tournament that Tiger didn't play in.
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone having and bets on the masters? I usually wait a round or two before having a serious punt but I'm gonna put some money on Mcilroy and Mickleson. I think both have a good chance.
  • Options
    benson_79benson_79 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope whoever wins the masters isn't remembered and referred to as the winner of the tournament that Tiger didn't play in.

You'd hope not. Tiger has played in plenty of majors in the last few years and not won any. But to most of the mainstream media he is golf, so this tournament may sadly get spun that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frisps wrote: »
    Dustin Johnso i think this could be his year. Sleeper Pick: Harris English

I have a fancy for Harris English to do well too. Local ish boy, had a good year.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall be betting on a number as per normal, hoping I can get a few each-ways in.

Kuchar
    Spieth
    Schwartzel
    Bradley
    Oostuizen

and the outsiders, Watney and Matsuyama. Might do Webb Simpson too.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think you may get a big priced winner this week with the big names not playing well.

Nick watney 125/1

Marc Leishman 100/1 he came fourth last year
  • Options
    EPYEPY Posts: 6,396
    Forum Member
    I'm bit annoyed with myself.

I was going to back Angel Cabrera at 125/1 a week ago, but didn't get round to it. His odds have now been cut to 66/1!

Thorbjorn Olesen, Ernie Els, Trevor Immelman, Peter Hanson are all 125/1 - 150/1 and have all played well at Augusta in the past.

Tim Clark might be a decent outside EW bet at 250/1... he finished T-11 last year, and runner-up in 2006..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I do think you may get a big priced winner this week with the big names not playing well.

Nick watney 125/1

Marc Leishman 100/1 he came fourth last year

That is a very good point. Players who have done well in the past at The Masters always tend to go well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    If the course stays wet i can see Rory doing it now he has some form back.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Westwood amongst it on Sunday even though his time for winning one of these seems to have passed.

Hunter Mahan and Jordan Speith are worth a punt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    got big bets on stenson , mcdowell and dufner !!
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rory's obviously got to be the heavy favourite. He's the only golfer who is being touted to attain the same number of majors as Woods and Nicklaus, possibly to even break both of them in his career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put my bet on earlier. Little tip, it really is worth looking on Oddschecker to see the odds as well as how many places they pay. Example, on Stan James my bet was 40/1 but 6 places. With Paddy Power he was 60/1 with 5 places. Also on Paddy Power, if you open a new account with them, you get double that price if he comes in.
  • Options
    Finchy44Finchy44 Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have done £2.50 EW Jason Day 16/1 and £2.50 EW Patrick Reed 55/1
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Got my bets on at lunchtime, have done Harris English, Henrik Stenson, Graeme McDowell. Jamie Donaldson and Stewart Cink, gotta love Masters Weekend!!!