Affair with married man

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Usually read the advice pages so thought you guys could help me out.

Basically my male mate from work is having an affair with a married man. Or should I say was. It all started almost a year ago when they met each other and his wife at some work gathering. One thing led to another after a few drinks and the missus away, and before long they had sex at a hotel. My mate told me the married bloke never had sex with men before, but wasn't too sure seeing as he was "very experienced" in bed. Nor did he feel ashamed.

Things ticked over, and two months later they did it in the married bloke's bed. As you can imagine my mate was confused, head all over the place. He was sick of being some secret and told him to leave him alone or just grow a pair of balls and tell the wife.

Just two weeks ago both attended a birthday party. My mate seemed to move on and brought a guest with him, who the married guy thought was his partner. Interrogated both and told my mate to meet him at his the following morning to clear things up -- his wife would be away at work. They did more than that and had sex.

It's all a mess and it sounds like something from a soap drama. My mate is at a crossroads -- he feels he has to take action before it's too late. He doesn't want to tell the wife because he's actually on good terms with her and can't avoid the married bloke because they work together, almost daily. He likes the man but doesn't he want to play the part of homewrecker. Suggestions?

Comments

• ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should apply for a job as scriptwriter for Hollyoaks.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does your mate want advice from a national forum then, or have you taken it on yourself on his behalf to ask?
    I would say to stay clear of anyone elses complicated issues.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your mate shouldn't of even went there knowing he was married. Do you they have kids?
    Imagine how the wife would feel
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonJS wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just never believe this phrase any more.

Especially if it's accompanied by a story like this.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Shag him till his ears drop off, then never speak to him again.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all a mess and it sounds like something from a soap drama. My mate is at a crossroads
    Heh heh, very good. :D
    He likes the man but doesn't he want to play the part of homewrecker. Suggestions?
    You mean besides the obvious suggestions to stop being at this married bloke's beck and call and stop having sex with him?

(Sorry, I'm a little distracted, I can't wait for tomorrow's installment. I'm already trying to think of the twist. :p)
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Have the school holidays started already, then?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just never believe this phrase any more.

Especially if it's accompanied by a story like this.

considering the DS account was only created yesterday then not lurking for very long.
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the moral of the story is...don't have affairs.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Stay out of it, it's none of your business what your mate does, regardless of what you think. Does your mate actually want advice himself?
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    gashead wrote: »
    Heh heh, very good. :D
    Must be an intentional pun. :D

Whether the story is fabricated or not, I'll just say affairs are not worth the hassle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    considering the DS account was only created yesterday then not lurking for very long.

Come come....you can be a lurker and not have an account you know. Shheeesh, people are sooooooo suspicious.

Personally, I think we need some added frisson....like the OP fancying the friend. How'd that be for a twist in the tale? Bet ya that's the next instalment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    Come come....you can be a lurker and not have an account you know. Shheeesh, people are sooooooo suspicious.

Personally, I think we need some added frisson....like the OP fancying the friend. How'd that be for a twist in the tale? Bet ya that's the next instalment.
    Ooh, that's good. What about if the wife finds out, it's a huge turn-on for her, and she's happy for them all to indulge in threesomes? Gah, I'm on tenterhooks just thinking about what's in store ! :o
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    This is the worst 'My friend not me honestly' story in a while....Far too much detail to be either not the OP or not a WUM

Either it is the OP or it's a joke
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »

possible, but extremely unlikely.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    gashead wrote: »
    Ooh, that's good. What about if the wife finds out, it's a huge turn-on for her, and she's happy for them all to indulge in threesomes? Gah, I'm on tenterhooks just thinking about what's in store ! :o

No, I think the wife is having a mad passionate affair herself and doesn't give a damn. Her lover will undoubtedly be someone at work, probably the (female) managing director.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I think the wife is having a mad passionate affair herself and doesn't give a damn. Her lover will undoubtedly be someone at work, probably the (female) managing director.

Maybe she is a member of this site...
    https://haveanaffair.com/default.aspx
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this one of those things where the problem is actually the OPs? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    It's been an hour later when OP wrote this story, where is he to reply to any posts..in bed with the lover me thinks :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Jeremy Kyle eventually picked the phone up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    possible, but extremely unlikely.

Granted, granted...but what if....what if, by treating the problem as fiction we actually participate in dismissing one of love's great tales, love in adversity, love against all odds...what if this truly is one of the greatest love stories of all time, one that will resonate down the years, one that will haunt the audience with it's sincerity, with it's passion, with it's tragedy...? Ask yourself, could you live with yourself if it turned out to be true, and you were so incredulous? Forever, from this day 'til the end of time, to be known as "Doubting Chenks"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I'd say the OP's definitely got a problem. ;-)
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah, it's one of those where the OP returns once a day or so to add some more little titbits of information, with the story getting more and more shocking/interesting....until the thread gets closed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    thanks for the replies. The married couple don't have kids.
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    It's been an hour later when OP wrote this story, where is he to reply to any posts..in bed with the lover me thinks :D
    I'm at work. :(
    Nah, it's one of those where the OP returns once a day or so to add some more little titbits of information, with the story getting more and more shocking/interesting....until the thread gets closed.
    No, she's not pregnant (to my knowledge) and I doubt the married guy will dump her for him. Life is not an episode of Eastenders.

I only found about the gory details a week ago and had suspected both were seeing each other months ago, but didnt have concrete evidence. The post was long because a detailed account is better than shrewdness.

You can choose to believe me or not. I don't care. I just want advice on what to tell him.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your friend should cut all ties. Nothing good can come from this.