Spain angery at English tourist.

AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Spanish Goverment are too get tough on English tourist who use the country for loud drunken outrageous behaviour,and trashing there hotels most young English people.

They are going to charge drinks more and have more police on the streets starting from spring.

Comments

• FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say I blame them to be honest.
  • mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    English? The test of the UK will continue with cheap booze!

To be fair, the Spanish encourage the behaviour.
    Do you have a link?
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Surprised it's taken them so long...
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adamsk wrote: »
    The Spanish Goverment are too get tough on English tourist who use the country for loud drunken outrageous behaviour,and trashing there hotels most young English people.

They are going to charge drinks more and have more police on the streets starting from spring.

Maybe they can also teach them the wonders of the English language as well? :rolleyes::D
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - angery with engerland . Nasty :eek:
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they are about 20 years too late, i think

broke arent they? they dont want less tourism
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a waste of money and effort to tackle a problem caused by a minority of tourists (not just Brits either!).

Where did you hear this from, anyway?
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Higher booze prices to stop drunk tourists?

The cost of everything is rising in Spain... It's a broke country!

It's an easy target hitting holidaymakers I guess. As the exchange rate worsens, they want to be careful it doesn't stop people wanting to go to Spain seeing as they need the money tourists bring so much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for us those thriving coastal towns would be two men and a donkey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be bad news. Places to avoid was easy. But if they start going elsewhere then what?
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if they served dinner earlier at a proper time we wouldn't have to drink so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    This could be bad news. Places to avoid was easy. But if they start going elsewhere then what?

Spain.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member

Me sorry, me no speaky da lingo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loud drunken behaviour is one of the main attractions of a Spanish holiday for under 30s. Take that away and the already weak Spanish economy would be on its knees.

Them trashing the place is totally out of order though.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

¿Que? ¿qué es el lenguaje que?
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    ¿Que? ¿qué es el lenguaje que?

Su conjetura es tan buena como la mía. Yo diría que Engrish.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Su conjetura es tan buena como la mía. Yo diría que Engrish.

Lol....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Higher booze prices to stop drunk tourists?

The cost of everything is rising in Spain... It's a broke country!

It's an easy target hitting holidaymakers I guess. As the exchange rate worsens, they want to be careful it doesn't stop people wanting to go to Spain seeing as they need the money tourists bring so much

Maybe they're evidently hedging their bets the drunken Brits will be replaced by some other ethnic groups - Arabs for example -they don't drink much and love banging white prozzies . So that keeps the East Europeans happy too .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they're evidently hedging their bets the drunken Brits will be replaced by some other ethnic groups - Arabs for example -they don't drink much and love banging white prozzies . So that keeps the East Europeans happy too .

Lol :D

You'd better prepare to take cover from the PC lot though ;)
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL 'Drinks' suddenly attain the capability to not only buy drinks, but are to be charged more for doing so. :D
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the 'High' unemployment and all the 'poor' people in England, who can afford to go to Spain?..

Not me and I am employed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    With the 'High' unemployment and all the 'poor' people in England, who can afford to go to Spain?..

I can't either, but that's mainly because I go to places like Chamonix, Montreal, Miami, etc. and can't really afford to squeeze in a trip to Spain. Poor me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »

With the poor exchange rate where £1 = €1.11 like I saw today I wouldn't be bothered going to any Eurozone country to be honest for a 'bargain break'. Stuff isn't that cheap when you get there any more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    With the poor exchange rate where £1 = €1.11 like I saw today I wouldn't be bothered going to any Eurozone country to be honest for a 'bargain break'. Stuff isn't that cheap when you get there any more

With an increasingly weak £ - that's sadly gradually becoming the case everywhere . Thankfully the Yanks have an even more reckless central bank than we do keeping the $ related currencies still reasonable .
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the op is Spanish? English does not seem to be their native language.