Lighter Life experiences.

13»

Comments

• ramblasramblas Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    I think it's common to a lot of extreme diets and is usually a symptom of detoxifying. I get similar with Atkins as the blood alcohol, caffeine and sugar levels drop rapidly. It passes within a day or two and is replaced by a great feeling of being wide awake and having lots of energy. You just have to bear with it for a few days.

Yea, extreme dieting certainly wouldn't be for me!:D It is also a myth that the body needs to detoxify, it is able to do this itself.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I have nearly finished my first week - weigh in tonight (finger crossed). TBH, it's been fine. The first couple of days were a bit rough, felt headachy and tired, but now I feel really well - I've got lots of energy, and am feeling a really good mood.
    It took a few days to get into eating just the packs, but I think I am getting into a routine now. The leader gave us a selection, and some I like, some I'm not so keen on, so I know what I am going for tonight, We are also able to have a "food bar" from tonight (wooooooo)
    Thanks to those of you that have PM'd - some very helpful motivation
  • NeilPostNeilPost Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    Well, I have nearly finished my first week - weigh in tonight (finger crossed). TBH, it's been fine. The first couple of days were a bit rough, felt headachy and tired, but now I feel really well - I've got lots of energy, and am feeling a really good mood.
    It took a few days to get into eating just the packs, but I think I am getting into a routine now. The leader gave us a selection, and some I like, some I'm not so keen on, so I know what I am going for tonight, We are also able to have a "food bar" from tonight (wooooooo)
    Thanks to those of you that have PM'd - some very helpful motivation

If not already advised, your bowels will start acting very wierd, once purged of the last of normal food. Something else you will need to get used too.

How is the water going, as my friend found this probably one of the hardest things to do - the sheer volume of liquid you need to consume, and the obvious increase in toilet visits :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilPost wrote: »
    If not already advised, your bowels will start acting very wierd, once purged of the last of normal food. Something else you will need to get used too.

How is the water going, as my friend found this probably one of the hardest things to do - the sheer volume of liquid you need to consume, and the obvious increase in toilet visits :cool:

I'm not finding the water too bad. It's 3 litres a day, and seeing as I'm not drinking and tea, coffee, alcohol, fizzy drink etc, it's probably not much greater than what I drank in the past. I've got a 500ml water bottle on my desk, and try to drink 1 per hour whist I am at work.

I am already finding out about your first point .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost 7lbs this week, and really enjoyrd the therapy session - feeling very motivated for next week :-)
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost 7lbs this week, and really enjoyrd the therapy session - feeling very motivated for next week :-)
    Woohoo, well done.
    This is an excellent site to keep yourself motivated, there are loads of people there on VLCD's too:)

www.myfitnesspal.com