Options

Anyone use a YAMAHA RXV-450 Receiver or similar?

Hi,
I just bought a Yamaha RXV-450 6.1 Home cinema receiver a few days ago. And its awesome. However i noticed today that when an external source is attached say MIDI Disk HIFI , there is a echo effect taking place.
Basically the sound coming out of the YAMAHA system is delayed a fraction than whats coming out of the other HIFI!

The source sound goes into the YAMAHA and out of a "MD record out" so the YAMAHA gets it first before the HIFI. But its delayed. :mad:

Why is this happening? Is it the Dolby/DTSN6 Decoders or what?
:eek:

Comments

• Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    late8 wrote:
    Hi,
    I just bought a Yamaha RXV-450 6.1 Home cinema receiver a few days ago. And its awesome. However i noticed today that when an external source is attached say MIDI Disk HIFI , there is a echo effect taking place.
    Basically the sound coming out of the YAMAHA system is delayed a fraction than whats coming out of the other HIFI!

The source sound goes into the YAMAHA and out of a "MD record out" so the YAMAHA gets it first before the HIFI. But its delayed. :mad:

Why is this happening? Is it the Dolby/DTSN6 Decoders or what?
    :eek:

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do here...

Am I correct in assuming you've got a mini-disk attached to an existing hi-fi, but you also want to take a seperate output from the mini-disk and play it through the Yamaha receiver as well?

Certainly if you're using any of the 6.1 processing that will certainly delay the through-put of the signal through the receiver as any digital processing will have that effect, but I'm puzzled as to why you'd want to do that... :confused:
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Sorry, basically i was trying out the amp and was recording from a source to midi disk. the sound from the source goes into the Yamaha first and then to the Mini Disk from a "record out" port.
    I wanted to know why the sound was delayed from the Yamaha system speakers if the source went through it first, compared to the sound from the Minidisc System speakers.
    This is also the case with the TV- ie sound comes out of TV before the Yamaha system.
    It must be like you said the 6.1 processing :(
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh.. I understand now.

Yes, any signal processing will add delay.

I've cabled out my Freeview STB through my Yamaha DSP-A1 amp. If I put my tv to analogue BBC1 and turn-up the volume, with the volume also turned up out of my amp there.s a 2 or 3 second delay, it's quite significant and very noticeable if you forget to turn the tv volume down!!
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    That explains it then.

But you will get a BIG delay that way because sound from Digital Broadcasts is a few seconds behind the Analogue. The picture is too.

My amps ok now because only the TV goes through (+DVD) so there is no delay, because my TV mutes when you plug the stereo headphones jack in.