Michael Moon - a creepy fraud ?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't disagree with this...lol (which is why I said both MM and Archie are psychopaths). I just think MM is more three-dimensional than Archie, and can't be caricatured purely as ''evil'' as the Archie can.

I agree lol, that's why I made references to to his sensitive side.

I just wish We'd had the chance to see Michael vs Archie before he was bumped off.

EDIT: corrected my spelling of "indestructible" *hits head on desk* :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I agree lol, that's why I made references to to his sensitive side.

I just wish We'd had the chance to see Michael vs Archie before he was bumped off.

EDIT: corrected my spelling of "indestructible" *hits head on desk* :o

I think MM could have won that duel with Archie actually. Archie himself, lost his own war in 2009 though - having alienated everyone - so he had no one to manipulate. Whereas at least MM has Janine:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think MM could have won that duel with Archie actually. Archie himself, lost his own war in 2009 though - having alienated everyone - so he had no one to manipulate. Whereas at least MM has Janine:D

Ah, and she'd still be pissed at Archie for the humiliation he put her through. Two masterminds against one...interesting...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, and she'd still be pissed at Archie for the humiliation he put her through. Two masterminds against one...interesting...:D
    Indeed. It would also be interesting to see MM's relationship with Ronnie in this instance as well, pre-baby swap - as they are parallels between Ronnie and MM, although it must be stated Ronnie is not pyschopathic like MM, but she is a manipulator, to quite a high degree, and like MM this is driven by her high sensitivity. They also, like Janine have daddy issues - whereas Janine was damaged by the lack of stability in her life, where love was replaced by presents, which gave her a sense of entitlement, in many ways Ronnie's and MM's daddy issues were far more strained. Janine had quite a voltaile relationship with Frank, but Ronnie's and MM's relations with's their dads were straight-up damaged, beyond repair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael's story makes me so sad. His own mum had mental health issues and him taking advantage of Jean is clearly so wrong. I can only hope they have a 2-hander after Janine runs off and he makes it up to her, coming to see her as a mother.

I'm sure that part of why he is abusing Jean in this way is probably repressed anger at his mother, he blamed his dad for years but it was his mums 'choice' to leave him so he sees Jean as weak and resents her for it :(

Michael is an interesting character, the best Moon we've ever had on the Square by far and I hope they keep him around for a long time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »
    I'm still undecided as to whether he is in love with Janine or whether he is marrying her with a long term plan to separate her from her money!

Well, all the fussing about the prenup and him only signing when he thought it wasn't valid might be a pretty big clue...
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I love him with Janine, but I'm really not liking what he's doing at the moment. The way EE have treated Jean since Kirkwood took over has been disgusting, she's just become a caricature for mental illness and the butt of all jokes. :mad:
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    MissFit wrote: »
    Well, all the fussing about the prenup and him only signing when he thought it wasn't valid might be a pretty big clue...

Steve John Shepherd has said it wasn't about Janine's money at first. Remember she pursued him initially and he was grateful to her for reaching out to him after his family disowned him. He knows they are equally damaged souls and wanted to be close to her because of this, but felt highly insulted that she demanded he signed a prenup immediately after he'd proposed to her and laid his feelings bare. He wants to punish her for that as he likes to be in control.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Steve John Shepherd has said it wasn't about Janine's money at first. Remember she pursued him initially and he was grateful to her for reaching out to him after his family disowned him. He knows they are equally damaged souls and wanted to be close to her because of this, but felt highly insulted that she demanded he signed a prenup immediately after he'd proposed to her and laid his feelings bare. He wants to punish her for that as he likes to be in control.

Oh ok - but regardless of his initial motivation she is constantly trying to control him - and rub it in as well - and he ressents nothing more than that as he does indeed want to be in control herself - and what better way to ressume control than take her money? I can't see this go any other way.
    Forum Member
    Oh ok - but regardless of his initial motivation she is constantly trying to control him - and rub it in as well - and he ressents nothing more than that as he does indeed want to be in control herself - and what better way to ressume control than take her money? I can't see this go any other way.

I do agree - he is now probably going after her money, but like you, I think the motivation is punishment and control rather than the popular view here that he was only ever after her for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree - he is now probably going after her money, but like you, I think the motivation is punishment and control rather than the popular view here that he was only ever after her for that.

Like your "Services", but doesn't your stomach lurch with the constant up and down? ;)
    Forum Member
    Like your "Services", but doesn't your stomach lurch with the constant up and down? ;)

:D:D LOL! It's certainly a bumpy ride! ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that was seriously uncomfortable viewing. The way he has manipulated Jean is the lowest, most despicable thing Michael has done :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that was seriously uncomfortable viewing. The way he has manipulated Jean is the lowest, most despicable thing Michael has done :(

I agree. But despite all of the negativity, I still find see him as a fascinating character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. But despite all of the negativity, I still find see him as a fascinating character.

Maurice, we agree again, lol:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maurice, we agree again, lol:D

*high fives*

Great minds think alike :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh is never boring :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *high fives*
    *high fives back*
    Great minds think alike :D

Agreed:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB I too find him fascinating. He is such a complex character with so many facets to his personality. I think that he is probably one of the best developed 3 dimensional characters in EE. It's because I like him that this SL is so uncomfortable.

Also I've been wondering how Michael is intending to explain this to Alfie afterwards?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB I too find him fascinating. He is such a complex character with so many facets to his personality. I think that he is probably one of the best developed 3 dimensional characters in EE. It's because I like him that this SL is so uncomfortable.

Also I've been wondering how Michael is intending to explain this to Alfie afterwards?

I think one of Michael's problems is that he doesn't care who her hurts in the short-term, as long as his long-term plans are satisfied. Hence, he's gone from telling Alfie "you're the only member of our family I'd ever give a kidney to" (or something similar to that) to "If I could just get my hands on Alfie's money, I'll be set..."

He will alienate one of his closest relatives and only real friend (Jack is constantly belittling him) if he isn't careful.
    Forum Member
    I think one of Michael's problems is that he doesn't care who her hurts in the short-term, as long as his long-term plans are satisfied. Hence, he's gone from telling Alfie "you're the only member of our family I'd ever give a kidney to" (or something similar to that) to "If I could just get my hands on Alfie's money, I'll be set..."

He will alienate one of his closest relatives and only real friend (Jack is constantly belittling him) if he isn't careful.

Interesting you should say that, as Michael has previously acknowledged that this is his usual modus operandi wherever he goes. I remember him saying to Eddie when he was pretending to leave the Square when Eddie wouldn't "That's what I do - move somewhere, alienate everyone, then move on".

I suppose this refers to his psychopathic tendencies. One of their skills is being able to charm people into doing what they want them to do. Once they've used that on enough people for everyone else to realise what tactic they use, they've lost one of their most effective skills, so perhaps the only answer is to move on to try and charm the next group of people into doing what they want.

I hope he doesn't move on too quickly from here though...;) but I'll admit, after what he's done to Jean and Alfie and looks set to do to Janine, other than his brothers (who may disown him again when they find out what he did to Alfie) I can't see who he will interact with next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting you should say that, as Michael has previously acknowledged that this is his usual modus operandi wherever he goes. I remember him saying to Eddie when he was pretending to leave the Square when Eddie wouldn't "That's what I do - move somewhere, alienate everyone, then move on".

I suppose this refers to his psychopathic tendencies. One of their skills is being able to charm people into doing what they want them to do. Once they've used that on enough people for everyone else to realise what tactic they use, they've lost one of their most effective skills, so perhaps the only answer is to move on to try and charm the next group of people into doing what they want.

I hope he doesn't move on too quickly from here though...;) but I'll admit, after what he's done to Jean and Alfie and looks set to do to Janine, other than his brothers (who may disown him again when they find out what he did to Alfie) I can't see who he will interact with next.

Ah, yes, I remember that line. I think he does so unintentionally, as he's always seeking acceptance, but he's so thick-skinned he puts on a brave face and pretends he dpesn't care.

I hope he doesn't leave any time soon either, he's one of the most interesting, well-crafted characters on the show, IMO.
    Forum Member
    Ah, yes, I remember that line. I think he does so unintentionally, as he's always seeking acceptance, but he's so thick-skinned he puts on a brave face and pretends he dpesn't care.

I hope he doesn't leave any time soon either, he's one of the most interesting, well-crafted characters on the show, IMO.

Yes, and I could actually see him being baffled as to why he's annoyed people. He would probably tell Alfie that it wasn't personal!

Agree with you there of course - he's my favourite character in a long time on EE, and I've watched since it started.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and I could actually see him being baffled as to why he's annoyed people. He would probably tell Alfie that it wasn't personal!

Agree with you there of course - he's my favourite character in a long time on EE, and I've watched since it started.

I can imagine that - such a Michael thing to do :D

Who was your favourite character before Michael?
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    im surprised michael hasnt realized if he messes with alfie's money then he's messing with phil as alfie won't be able to pay the rent. does michael not remember what happened last time he annoyed phil :p