Geordies reminded to wear coats

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hehehe. Geordies.

I'm Scottish. So I'm quite thick skinned and I can withstand cold well enough. But I was out on Saturday when the snow was a couple inch deep and the cold was really horrible and biting, so I had a really long coat on. Everyone else I saw was decently wrapped up until about early evening when I was wandering about Glasgow city centre. Then the girls started coming out of the woodwork, getting an early start on their Saturday night. And it is girls that are the most noticeable. I was standing rubbing the feeling back into my hands outside central station when a group of girls wearing nothing but skin-tight white mini-dresses, starting just above the nipple and ending just below the arse-cheeks, clopped past with just strappy open heels on bare legs. WHAT. I was getting hypothermia just looking at them.
  • PhoebidasPhoebidas Posts: 3,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    I like your style Pheobidas.

:cool: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    goonst wrote: »
    Hehehe. Geordies.

I'm Scottish. So I'm quite thick skinned and I can withstand cold well enough. But I was out on Saturday when the snow was a couple inch deep and the cold was really horrible and biting, so I had a really long coat on. Everyone else I saw was decently wrapped up until about early evening when I was wandering about Glasgow city centre. Then the girls started coming out of the woodwork, getting an early start on their Saturday night. And it is girls that are the most noticeable. I was standing rubbing the feeling back into my hands outside central station when a group of girls wearing nothing but skin-tight white mini-dresses, starting just above the nipple and ending just below the arse-cheeks, clopped past with just strappy open heels on bare legs. WHAT. I was getting hypothermia just looking at them.

Doesn't your phone have a camera?, we need evidence of such things.. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it is girls that are the most noticeable. I was standing rubbing the feeling back into my hands outside central station when a group of girls wearing nothing but skin-tight white mini-dresses, starting just above the nipple and ending just below the arse-cheeks, clopped past with just strappy open heels on bare legs. WHAT. I was getting hypothermia just looking at them.

Does what a person find more noticeable say more about what they notice or them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't your phone have a camera?, we need evidence of such things.. :D:D

Shush you. :D
    Phoebidas wrote: »
    Does what a person find more noticeable say more about what they notice or them?

Haha, I was going to put a disclaimer but I thought - no, maybe I'll get away with it.

I guess it could say something about me that I notice an underdressed woman and the length of her dress before I notice an underdressed man. But when a guy is under-dressed that probably means he's only wearing one thin jacket or a shirt over his t-shirt. Pretty chilly but not so eye-catching to most folks. If a guy was wearing shorts and a t-shirt in this weather then it'd be roughly as eye-catching, but I'm pretty certain it is much, much rarer than half-naked women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a guy was wearing shorts and a t-shirt in this weather then it'd be roughly as eye-catching, but I'm pretty certain it is much, much rarer than half-naked women.

Sauchiehall Street late Saturday night. ;)

2 weeks ago there was a guy in a vest :eek: :D
  • 5atchmo5atchmo Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    There's a forum member called Geordielady on here and she is a good advert for showing how thick some people up there can be
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they'd get somewhere if the campaign was to get them to wear knickers never mind coats :)

:D'Fur coats and nae knickers'.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phoebidas wrote: »
    Sauchiehall Street late Saturday night. ;)

2 weeks ago there was a guy in a vest :eek: :D

:) Rab C out on the pull?.Maybe he's broken up with Mary Doll?.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    5atchmo wrote: »
    There's a forum member called Geordielady on here and she is a good advert for showing how thick some people up there can be

Is that you, Sid? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Ha ha! I've had a t-shirt on all day. Had the sweat-shirt on most of yesterday though.

lol I see you're from good old Consett, hows life up on that hill right now (from someone further down the hill in Stanley)??
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    Ok; headline made me laugh :D

Police have issued a reminder to Geordies to wear their coats this weekend.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101203/tuk-geordies-reminded-to-wear-coats-6323e80.html

Well, I can assure you that this Geordie isn't tough, even though I do sometimes look the odd one out when out at the Toon, all wrapped up. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya pets :)
    I'm a geordie ...(reference to a sunderland fan)

anyway we up here are more used to the cold, and after a few minutes of the cold it isnt so bad infact ive only been wearing a thin jacket and dont see the point of padding up to 2x my nrmal size for warmth, when not many people wear trousers coats, loads of jumpers/coats but only 1 pair of trousers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    :D'Fur coats and nae knickers'.

Thermal knickers can be quite stylish these days...apparently.
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can just see the headlines in the Newcastle Chronicle - "Northumbria Police inflitrated by Southern Shandy Drinkers"..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5atchmo wrote: »

aw that's a bit uncalled for. The member in question may or may not be thick but there are plenty of posters from down south that don't seem to have 2 brain cells to rub together but I don't go around saying they are a good advert for how thick southerners are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I never wear a coat on a night out, but I'm a man and I can wear layers and long sleeves. Women, not just in Newcastle, seem to brave the freezing cold and wear skimpy skirts, heals and no tights. Seriously, I don't know how they do it... and then they start moaning because the snow or rain is affecting their hair and making their fake tan run.

Bloody women (of this type, some of the vagina clad gang are OK :p)
  • KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'd get somewhere if the campaign was to get them to wear knickers never mind coats :)

Wearing no undies keeps the flies away from the after club kebab! :D:p
  • RomusRomus Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been out in quite a few cities over the years, in the north of the country as well as the midlands and the south.

I can safely say that going out wearing as little as possible, despite the weather, is rife among young women everywhere and not just in Newcastle.

I've noticed for years that, as you say, female yoof don't do "coats" or even substantial jackets. If you wear a coat, no-one can see your "lovely" body which is clothed in tight, low cut, vulgar clothing designed to show orf yer bits. :o:eek::eek:

Girls would rather get frostbite and hypothermia then risk some bloke not seeing her "lovely" body in all it's "glory".