Items sent last Tuesday from Amazon not arrived.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stick with it everyone!!! i have just had my parcel delivered that was post on ..... 24TH NOVEMBER!!!! no joke ...Thats 3 weeks and 1 day . Funny thing is superdrug refunded my me earlier this morning after i said it was a joke...not sure what to do now!!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Xbox and wii points still not arrived :( I have received some things that were ordered after them though :(
  • Natuk80Natuk80 Posts: 11,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ordered Lego for my son last Monday (6th), I received it yesterday morning.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be being the tiniest bit thick, but I'm wondering why my parcels have gone from Scotland to a distribution centre in Yorkshire. I'm in Greater London.

Date Time10 Dec 2010 10:33:12 AM Gourock Inverclyde UK Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Date Time Location Event Details
    15 Dec 2010 07:38:50 AM Yorkshire Distribution Centre Arrival Scan
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon are normally excellent but something has gone seriously wrong with delivery even allowing for the snow we had recently.

My recent ordering history is as follows:

ordered 3 items on 4 Dec (10 Dec delivery date) - still waiting for delivery
    ordered 8 items on 7 Dec - arrived on 14 Dec as promised
    ordered 6 items on 9 Dec (16 Dec quoted delivery date) - awaiting delivery

What is odd is that the items that they have so far delivered had tracking info available online but the stuff that is late or due today has no tracking info available.

I'm beginning to wonder if the problem lays with Royal Mail rather than Amazon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I may be being the tiniest bit thick, but I'm wondering why my parcels have gone from Scotland to a distribution centre in Yorkshire. I'm in Greater London.

Date Time10 Dec 2010 10:33:12 AM Gourock Inverclyde UK Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Date Time Location Event Details
    15 Dec 2010 07:38:50 AM Yorkshire Distribution Centre Arrival Scan

This happened with one of my orders too - despatched on 3rd December, it eventually arrived with me in West London this morning, having sat in the North West distribution centre for a week. Why someone thought it was a good idea to despatch goods from Gourock to London in the height of the worst snow the Scottish Central Belt has seen in a generation is beyond me, but they made it in the end! Keep the faith, your stuff WILL turn up.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: I got my parcel today from the 2nd of December. It must have been on it's holidays.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stephmcuk wrote: »
    Stick with it everyone!!! i have just had my parcel delivered that was post on ..... 24TH NOVEMBER!!!! no joke ...Thats 3 weeks and 1 day . Funny thing is superdrug refunded my me earlier this morning after i said it was a joke...not sure what to do now!!

Let them know you.ve got it and tell them to charge you again.:D That's what Amazon's told me to do if I get it now they've refunded me.:D
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    :eek: I got my parcel today from the 2nd of December. It must have been on it's holidays.

Still have a feeling mine despatched on 1st Dec. will come. Haven't bought the CD's again yet as I don't want two.:rolleyes:
  • mavis b sausagemavis b sausage Posts: 3,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go two of my amazon parcels today, both ordered last week. No sign of previous orders. I really don't think it is amazon's fault, my usual citylink driver has told me they have thousands of Amazon (and other retailers) parcels stuck at their depot in Glenrothes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I signed up with Nectar DVD Rentals, powered by Lovefilm, on monday evening 13th dec 11pm.
    I got my first rental on wednesday morning the 15th dec - "Coco (before Chanel)"- watched it & sent it back this morning.
    Yet i ordered Toy Story 3 on december 7th from play.com & i'm still waiting.
    Subscription magazines seem like a nightmare - Radio Times was 10 days late.
    Computer Music should've arrived a week ago & hasn't. I rung them up & they are blaming the snow.
    "The Royal Mail van can't get into the warehouse" is what the lady said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered a small toy which was despatched on the 12th with a delivery date estimated today, now my e-mail tells me Royal Mail have had it since the 12th but it won't be delivered until Christmas Eve :mad: How on earth can it take 12 days?

I don't think it's RM as other stuff is arriving from elsewhere with no delay. I think Amazon is certainly getting a bit shoddy.
  • mitchec1mitchec1 Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 items all ordered on the 6th Dec with estimated delivery dates of 10th to 13th.

2 have arrived on the 10th (one from Newcastle, one from Bolton) the third one I'm still waiting for. (desptached from Nottingham)

I've just e-mailed Amazon asking if they can trace my order and if I can't a replacement here by Saturday to cancel the order and I'll take a refund and get it from someone else.
  • nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for three packages, dispatched by Play.com on the 27th November. Ain't looking good. :(
    Funny thing is, one parcel arrived from Amazon today that was dispatched on Monday. :confused:

My postwoman told me today, however, that Royal Mail still have "thousands" of packages to be delivered.
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    It's an absolute disgrace this. I'm still waiting on packages that were sent and still haven't arrived. They should have extra staff at this time of year working 24 hours a day to make sure the parcels get out and delivered in time.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got a parcel and letter dated from Dec 2nd today!

A friend 45 miles away sent me a card a week ago and it's still not here, but a Christmas card sent 4 days ago from Italy got here yesterday :confused: As long as I get everything I need by mid-week, I'll be happy.
    Forum Member
    The more i think about it the more annoyed i'm getting. I think i'll be having a word with the postman tomorrow morning. Treating people like this is ridiculous.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more i think about it the more annoyed i'm getting. I think i'll be having a word with the postman tomorrow morning. Treating people like this is ridiculous.
    The problem is these are unusual times and normal patterns have been disrupted. If you want couriers to cater for every extreme event you'll have to accept paying extra.

This year we need more postmen/delivery drivers. Are you willing to pay extra for them to employ those people even though most years they aren't needed?
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an absolute disgrace this. I'm still waiting on packages that were sent and still haven't arrived. They should have extra staff at this time of year working 24 hours a day to make sure the parcels get out and delivered in time.

Yes,that's why I'm temping with RM at the moment,why I've already done fourteen hours overtime this week,and why I've been offered twelve hour overtime shifts this coming Sunday and Monday on my days off! If the dc I'm working in is anything to go by,if you could see the size of the backlog,then maybe you wouldn't be so quick to judge!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a parcel and regret now changing from Next delivery to first class eek.
    I've done delivery work before for RM/Parcel Force so understand how things can be at this time of year and with the weather.
    Only thing i'm frustrated about is not knowing whether it's still in the system or gone walkabouts, just have to wait and see.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not all bad with Amazon at the moment. I ordered a book on Tuesday (14/12) and it arrived today (16/12).
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a parcel! I got a parcel! It was one of the things I ordered for myself and that was despatched on Monday. Not any of the ones that I ordered for other people and that were despatched in November - still waiting for those!
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm looking at some of the delivery times people on here have experienced, im wondering if some of my stuff will make it for Christmas.
    Forum Member
    Just wait the 30 days or whatever it is and ask for a refund if you don't get it.
  • Flubber.Flubber. Posts: 2,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was offered one day delivery, i'm on day 7, if not here by monday i'm going to have a telephone tantrum.