Options

Parking for motorpoint arena Sheffield

oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anybody tell me the easiest place to park here please? Am going to the boxing tonight which is scheduled to start at 6. I would prefer to arrive around 7-7.30. I will be travelling north on the M1 to get there if that makes a difference, don't mind a few minutes walk if there are other car parks to use. I have heard the traffic is horrendous in Sheffield around the arena but you never know if people are just moaning for the sake of moaning or if it really is more of a problem that you would reasonably expect at a big event.
Appreciate any thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to a concert the other night at Motorpoint and you had to pay a fiver for a ticket however there was a little unofficial car park at the side but I can't remember how much it was - you could also park at Centretainment which is right next to the stadium but I don't know how much it is sorry
  • Options
    SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you set your satnav for S9 Terry Street there is a carpark outside the Insight office building which you can pay to use. It's not that big but it's away from the central car park a bit and you bypass all the traffic when you get out by instead of turning onto the main road go straight ahead over the bridge and then follow the signs for Meadowhall to get back onto the motorway.

I work in one of the offices around there and it is one of the best ways to do it, we don't have much problem pulling out of that car park when we're leaving work at those offices and there's a gig or event on.
  • Options
    oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I left too early to read these replies and ended up parking in the arena, but it wasn't bad at all actually. I may try that other one next time!