Options

WHY did people laugh at the Crash??

CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
Forum Member
✭✭
You know whats annoying me about all the negative threads about last nights crash is people saying itmade them laugh?!

Just because it was directed a different way to what were used to, using more complex shots!

It doesnt mean they were bad!

They were amazing! Gorgeous rendered and composited, it looked perfect!

To see people saying it made them laugh is just pathetic!

Some of you are like sheep,

Its cool to hate, so when one negaive nancy starts they all follow suite!

Comments

• Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting great things but just thought it was appalling - a real let down.

I don't think it was funny, just a bit embarrassing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's people wanting to sound like they're better/cleverer than the rest of us so they decided to dismiss it as rubbish.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have just started more debates by making this thread:rolleyes:
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own, I suppose but I thought the crash was amazing. It's just a soap and what they managed to create with that explosion and crash was impressive. My mouth was open the whole time! :eek:

I think the people that have been laughing about it just waited for the stunt itself and can't have appreciated the amazing build up to the crash, where all the current storylines came to a climax.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too much hype so expectations were too high. I would have loved to have watched without any prior knowledge of what was going to happen.
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in the industry and the scenes were perfect. Incredibly impressive.

It's coming from people who don't know any better. I'm not really clear what they are comparing it to to make those judgements.
  • Options
    JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not get what was so laughable. What is laughable is the people who think this are laughable as they would not have one chuffing clue on how to prepare and make such a stunt.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    namakemono wrote: »
    It's people wanting to sound like they're better/cleverer than the rest of us so they decided to dismiss it as rubbish.

But I am better & cleverer than you:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting great things but just thought it was appalling - a real let down.

I don't think it was funny, just a bit embarrassing.

Ohh really? So how would you do such a stunt. If this is your opinion, you won't need to bother tuning in tonight, but no doubt you will do anyway, if it is so 'embarrassing'.
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JC_GTA2010 wrote: »
    I do not get what was so laughable. What is laughable is the people who think this are laughable as they would not have one chuffing clue on how to prepare and make such a stunt.

It's not about the fact people wouldnt know how to do it. It's critisim for the sake of it.

I find it quite odd really, especially from a generation who spend most of their time biting people and playing Farmville on facebook.

It was really really well done. There are no two ways about it. So the critisim lacks any substance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not about the fact people wouldnt know how to do it. It's critisim for the sake of it.

I find it quite odd really, especially from a generation who spend most of their time biting people and playing Farmville on facebook.

It was really really well done. There are no two ways about it. So the critisim lacks any substance.

Don't forget to put Chavs, binge drinkers and dole dossers in your second paragraph.
  • Options
    LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was always going to be a backlash on here.
    Experts on CGI and effects. Let them off. Press reviews are quite a different story.
  • Options
    auldlangsyneauldlangsyne Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're always going to get idiots posting negative threads/posts, it doesn't matter, everyone in the country who watched honestly knows that last night there was nothing that corrie could possibly have done better in that stunt, it was amazing!
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JC_GTA2010 wrote: »

Yep, there's far too much stunt ignorance these days:rolleyes:
    Down with stuntism!!
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit that hit the Kabin sounded and looked like Tramzilla. Rearing upwards and then devouring the sweet shop.

But all in all it was brilliant to watch. You just didn't know what to expect so it was all great viewing.
  • Options
    auldlangsyneauldlangsyne Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the context of TV, and the fact that this is a soap that we see 3 or 4 times a week, not a hollywood blockbuster, i honestly think that last night was the best special effects stunt i have EVER seen.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Fizz made me laugh, she can't even run convincingly.
  • Options
    SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I laughed and cheered in a good way because I loved every bit of it. :D
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More 'complex' shots? They were crappy. The whole wobbly tram, 'terrified' panto driver, the tram lurching towards the shop like a b movie monster from the 70s. It was terrible, just admit it.
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    CJWALKER wrote: »
    You know whats annoying me about all the negative threads about last nights crash is people saying itmade them laugh?!

Just because it was directed a different way to what were used to, using more complex shots!

It doesnt mean they were bad!

They were amazing! Gorgeous rendered and composited, it looked perfect!

To see people saying it made them laugh is just pathetic!

Some of you are like sheep,

Its cool to hate, so when one negaive nancy starts they all follow suite!

WOOAHH Hold your horses!

I laughed,
    I was enjoying the whole thing
    I laughed because I knew it was coming,
    I laughed because it was exciting
    I laughed because certain characters that I am not too keen on were getting their comeuppence
    I thought it was brilliant but I laughed.

You cannot attack everyone who laughed! we laugh for different reasons. You took it too seriously it is entertainment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    namakemono wrote: »
    Or, perhaps it's nothing to do with you or others that liked it - and is in fact just their honest opinion.

I found it quite funny (not to say I didn't like the episode, which I did), but it's nothing to do with superiority. It's opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    Yep, there's far too much stunt ignorance these days:rolleyes:
    Down with stuntism!!

It is very easy to sneer.

i'd love to see what you could come up with!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it isn't, perhaps there are some bandwagon 'woohoo, a chance to be negative about Corrie!' people - but in my honest opinion, I think with the tram shots less would have been more. I don't see how that's any different from critiquing how much I dislike a storyline or anything at any other episode of Corrie.

And just because you enjoyed it and didn't find it awkward - that's fine - but it's subjective. Other people are allowed to dislike it and their opinions are just as valid as yours.

:eek: Wait, is there an epidemic of biting? Crap, I knew the zombie apocalypse would come!

I neither see the relevance of that, nor why you're picking on the young generations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    More 'complex' shots? They were crappy. The whole wobbly tram, 'terrified' panto driver, the tram lurching towards the shop like a b movie monster from the 70s. It was terrible, just admit it.

No not terrible, I have seen terrible and this was no way near that league
    Yes there were parts that could have been better and other parts that were excellent, One of the problems with this series of accidents is that we all knew it was going to happen.
    So those that wanted to pick holes in it knew the basic format and those that were just watching for entertainment also knew the basic plot so I am surprised that it was as successful as it was.
    I question the second carriage coming down on the Kabin but I could also question how Audreys hair salon keeps going with only 1 or 2 punters a day and 3 full time staff
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Ken Barlow running away with his hands up in the air was the real funny bit.