Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Raid.
    8/10
    I've just finished watching it and I'm exhausted ! :D
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basket Case, normally a big fan of these exploitative 80s horrors, but just thought this was awful, terrible Special-effects and the main guy was a putz, 2/10.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basket Case, normally a big fan of these exploitative 80s horrors, but just thought this was awful, terrible Special-effects and the main guy was a putz, 2/10.

No way??? I love this film!!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    No way??? I love this film!!

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it, but it did nowt for me I'm afraid:(
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it, but it did nowt for me I'm afraid:(

Fair enough... :)

I would put Basket Case in my top 5 cult movies ever easily!
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jupiter Ascending (LINK)

It's a bit of a mess but strangely enough I still kind of liked it. The worst thing about this film was actor Eddie Redmayne performance. He was really bad in this. The visual effects were very good but the script needed more work. The reviews for this film was mostly poor - and deservedly so in some aspects. I was disappointed that the film didn't reach its full potential. Some fine tuning could have turned this into a really good film. But as it stands now - I thought it was actually an ok movie.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (LINK)

I was never a fan of the TMNT. I didn't like the movies from the 1990s. I never watched the cartoons. And I never read the comics. But I wanted to give the new film a shot at winning me over and it didn't. The visuals were fine - it's amazing how good the CG turtles move & look onscreen. But the story had no ambition. Nothing really amazing ever happens in the film. And the final showdown is a big disappointment.
  • tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Le Corbeau (The raven- France, 1943) 8/10

Very good film about a poison - pen letter writer in a small provincial town. The film was made under German Occupation in France although the war is not alluded to despite the contemporary setting. Some actors including the lead actor, Pierre Fresnay, got into trouble after the war for continuing to work in such films. He has lead in some of the greatest French films of all time, and would perhaps be considered the best french actor ever, were it not for his wartime activities. He is apparently Johnny Depp' s favourite actor.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legally Blonde - 3/10

Through word of mouth, I knew a little bit about the film already. Too slow to get going and nothing drew me back in. I was expecting it would be a fun way to spend 2 hours on a dull Sunday but I was left disappointed.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jarhead - A waste of almost two hours of my time.
  • Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judas Ghost (2013)

A team of professional ghost finders are trapped in an old village hall. The haunting they set out to investigate turns out to be far worse than they anticipated

I thought this was going to be a full on rip off grave encounters but thankfully it was not, I am sure that grave encounter may have inspired this movie in some parts.

I love the fact the whoLe movie in just in that one room, with hauting ,the way they keep you clued to the screen , really clever with a lot things happen in that .

I enjoyed the humour added to the movie , it make feel more fun and enjoyable.

I didn't find the movie scary but I did really like the darkness scene , with I thought was really creepy.

The acting from the whole was great.

I going to give 8 our of 10

Great movie
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Raid.
    8/10
    I've just finished watching it and I'm exhausted ! :D
    Pah!! Watch The Raid 2 - then you'll know what exhausted feels like. :p
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Morning, Vietnam - 7/10
  • gtfc1984gtfc1984 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Stephen Kings IT (1990) (DVD Region 1)

First part brilliant, second part not so good, overall score 7/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Le Quai des Brumes (Port of Shadows) [1938] Director: Marcel Carne

7/10

A French film noir. The great Jean Gabin as an army deserter heading for Le Havre to catch a ship to South America who falls for a teenage girl with criminal connections.

L'Ordre et la Morale (Rebellion)[2011]. Director: Mathieu Kassovitz

7/10

Hostage negotiator in a French colony has his efforts undermined by politicians back home as there is a general election and they want military action. A true story. Kassovitz also co-wrote, co-produced and stars.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackie Brown - 8/10
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE VOICES - one MESSED UP MOVIE! :D
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Last new film I watched was Prayers for Bobby.

A very well done film, very poignant, and great acting from Sigourney Weaver as well as some understated acting from Ryan Kelley. First ever film to actually bring a tear to my eye, though I suspect someone was cutting onions nearby.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The Princess and the Frog -5.5 It was ok, felt there were some plot holes, just didn't get into the way I usually can with (most) Disney films.

Porco Rosso - 6/10 It was alright but not one of my favourites of Studio Ghibli.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're the Millers (2013)
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zombie Flesh Eaters by Lucio Fulci on The Horror Channel, the other night.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Asteroid vs. Earth 2014 on Syfy channel I give it a 4 out of 10.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    The Long Good Friday

Dark, gritty and clever crime thriller with a barnstorming turn from Bob Hoskins. Laandon gangsters may be a cliche now, but the likes of Layer Cake are mere superficial fluff next to this. 9/10

Perfume

Patchy, uneven, and much too simplified take on the famous novel. The production has a field day with the look of it, but overall the film offers only the scent of something actually substantial. No wonder critics were sniffy. 5.5/10
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,978
    Forum Member
    Pitch Perfect - 7/10

I don't mind this film but I don't get the massive hype with it. I'm not sure that there is any need for a sequel. Apparently there is going to be a third film too.
  • c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twister...I quite like this film.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It Follows - the premise works brilliantly even if the pace drops off ocassionally, some good chilling moments in there and along with 'The Babadook' one of the best horror movies of recent years 8/10
This discussion has been closed.