Corrie 20/01/14: It's The End....But The Moment Has Been Prepared For

Comments

• LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    In buckets of tears :cry: Tyrone and Carla turning up was a bit of a pain wasn't needed. It should just have been Roy and Hayley talking about their life together looking at photos. Sorting any last things.

One thing that I noticed and was wondering if anyone did. You know the close up of Roy at the end did anyone think he looked like Ken Barlow ???
  • WoofyWoofy Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried so hard not to cry, but I did and now I feel so stupid. The only other time I've cried about a film was The Lion King.

Very moving and wonderfully acted, apart from Carla barging in at the end.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,831
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    David and Julie will win all the awards easily. Truly wonderful performances from those two.

I would like to think it will still be in people's minds by the time the next BSA and NTA's come around. They have been consistently good performers over the years and it would be nice to see that recognised in the awards rather than the usual suspects winning. Sadly I think by the time the next awards come many will have forgotten how they felt about this storyline, especially if another soap has just had a big storyline.

It would be nice to see Julie Hesmondhalgh win the lifetime achievement award for the years she gave to Corrie.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else NOT shed a tear or feel in the least bit emotional?

Me. Every time I tried to engage with R&H some cretin would burst into the cafe and ruin the moment. Nobody else should've been featured in that second episode, just R&H.

But no: Tyrone simply must get Roobeh's toy right now. Carla must barge into the flat because she has to see Hayley. Dennis and Gloria must have their cake.

Any emotion I was starting to feel was zapped away by infuriating crap like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    I thought he was brilliant he is a first class actor,

Hayley and Roy are both very good actors.... shame the lame script let them down. :(
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oh Roy, I 'ave to gooo! Give us a drink will you lovey, I'm f**king spitting feathers 'ere!' :D
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the fact we saw other people. It was a good contrast to show us that life goes on.

That is a very true comment. As life is on standstill for those watching a loved one die, everyone else is zooming around their day to day business as if nothings happened, very true:)
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,084
    Forum Member
    I had a little sob at the end, don't mind admitting it.

Some of the interruptions were a little heavy-handed, but overall it was very well done with some terrific acting, exceptionally so in the case of David Neilson.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they found Kanga?

In that last scene the camera showed a stuffed toy elephant on a shelf/mantelpiece, so either the props department don't know what a blithering kangaroo looks like or someone slipped up.
    Because surely, surely the reason we saw a stuffed toy was because it was supposed to be the one Ruby was missing.
  • Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruined by that dreadful interruption. Should have been Roy and Hayley just alone in a room , with Anna downstairs in the dark I just hope Anna doesn't tell Carla the truth
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else NOT shed a tear or feel in the least bit emotional?

Thought I would as Hayley has been one of my best loved characters and Roy also, but I can honestly say I felt nothing and I thought I would. Usually I'd be a snivelling wreck by now.

my mum was in floods of tears

meanwhile i didn't shed one quite suprised was expecting to cry :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    In that last scene the camera showed a stuffed toy elephant on a shelf/mantelpiece, so either the props department don't know what a blithering kangaroo looks like or someone slipped up.
    Because surely, surely the reason we saw a stuffed toy was because it was supposed to be the one Ruby was missing.

Must be coincidence. Rita returns the infamous Kanga on Wednesday after finding it in the Kabin.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise that they made a pigs ear of it when it really mattered. If i were as bad at my job as those writers...
  • Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was the elephant they won in Blackpool
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member

That was the elephant that Roy won for Hayley in Blackpool :)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight’s episode appearances are confirmed as:

Kissing Tonight

None given

Roy and Hayley had a big smacker! :o
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cody1 wrote: »
    That is a very true comment. As life is on standstill for those watching a loved one die, everyone else is zooming around their day to day business as if nothings happened, very true:)

Yes, I agree too. And tbh, Roy and Hayley had already said everything that needed saying over the last few weeks. :(

Tyrone and Carla were too clumsy for my liking, but other than that, I thought it was done brilliantly. :)
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy made that. He was so distraught without any need for wildly over the top histrionics.
    Well done to Mr Neilson. Fabulous performance.

I agree - David Nielson is probably the best actor in any of the soaps. I found myself tearing up in the first episode when he was trying to pursuade her to put it off a bit longer.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the elephant they won in Blackpool
    That was the elephant that Roy won for Hayley in Blackpool :)

Ah, I see.
    Pardon me and thank you both. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Roy and Hayley had a big smacker! :o

I'd quire like to have given Tyrone, Gloria, Sponger and Carla all big smackers - right round the chops. >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I agree - David Nielson is probably the best actor in any of the soaps. I found myself tearing up in the first episode when he was trying to pursuade her to put it off a bit longer.

That was the most touching part I thought. The way he was trying to sound upbeat and persuade her that there were still things to do. He knew when she went to bed that was it. :(
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I would like to think it will still be in people's minds by the time the next BSA and NTA's come around. They have been consistently good performers over the years and it would be nice to see that recognised in the awards rather than the usual suspects winning. Sadly I think by the time the next awards come many will have forgotten how they felt about this storyline, especially if another soap has just had a big storyline.

It would be nice to see Julie Hesmondhalgh win the lifetime achievement award for the years she gave to Corrie.

She was only in 16 years!
    Compared to those in Corrie 30 and 40 years, that's nothing.

David should win an acting award because he has ALWAYS been brilliant as Roy, but he won't cos the public vote for that and he's not young or trendy enough.
    Julie could lose out to someone from EE as well.
    They'll obviously both be put forward by the producer, though.

The panel chose Dramatic performance so David should win that one.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Roy made that. He was so distraught without any need for wildly over the top histrionics.
    Well done to Mr Neilson. Fabulous performance.

I thought he was wonderful. He expressed depths of deep emotion that the character he plays is unable to express. That's very complex.

I was getting a bit fed up with the drawn-out storyline but it did bring tears to my eyes in the end and that's never happened to me with a soap.

Stupid, stupid having the final interruptions.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Extraordinary television.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic episodes, David and Julie should take a bow