Funniest game you've played.

gothergother Posts: 14,695
Forum Member
✭✭
Which game is the funniest you've played?
Mine would be out of Saints row 3 or saints row 4 especially this bit on saints row 4 (dominatrix spoiler) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsCVdVNtJXs

Comments

• JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Portal 1 and 2 made me laugh quite a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't tend to play funny games as my usual genre is adventure or survival horror but I thought beavis and butthead on the mega drive just hilariously stupid.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam and Max or Monkey Island 2.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resident Evil 2 - no, seriously! Whether it was intentional comedy or not, I don't know. But that game makes me roar with laughter, even today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resident evil 1 got me as a kid one minute I was terrified the next laughing at the awful voice acting.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    At the moment Conker Bad Fur Day springs to mind
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tales games have a lot of slapstick humour in them, I think xillia struck a nice balance, I cracked quite a few laughs playing both games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Farcry Blood Dragon is pretty funny
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conkers bad fur day is a great one forgot all about that. thought the xbox remake was rubbish because of the cencorship which spoilt the experience.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saints Row 3 tickled me a fair bit, whole series is very tongue in cheek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theme Hospital had some good illnesses. One of my favourites was bloated head. The doctor gets a needle, pops the head, then sticks a new one on and re inflates. The noises from patients using the toilet were funny, too.

Worms Armageddon was also a laugh. The exploding sheep... :D

Smash Bros. also has its moments.

Also, though unintentionally funny Fallout and Skyrim with the glitches like the falling mammoths.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murray the demonic talking skull was pretty funny in Curse of Monkey Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9xLoTXC5fk
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did enjoy hitting people with the big purple dildo in Saints Row 3..
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borderlands 2 - Gwen's Head was very funny. I admit I didn't quite click at first.
    Then the killer blow in Tiny Tina's DLC.... Spiderpants. (if you frequent the Gearbox forums you'll understand) I got killed and had to respawn I was laughing so much.

Special mention to Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Almost everything that comes out of Rex's mouth is brilliant and the whole retro 80's action rip is awesome.
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blue Estate (it was only the demo)
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lollipop Chainsaw
    South park, the stick of truth
    Saints row 4

All have made me laugh out loud. I like silly, smutty humour
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Octodad. had me in stitches at times
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Fallout 3 was hilarious at times, not only because of the black humour of the game, but also because of some of the stuff you could do on it, with the freedom you got and the random encounters, and all of the glitches! Oh and vats- shooting a mutants head off in slow motion, then watching it slowly sail through the air... well it was funny! It was more cartoon violence than gruesome violence, sod the people who lament violence in games :p
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Some great ones have already been mentioned, but other than those..

Jazzpunk
    Anachronox
    Stanley Parable
    NOLF
    Giants: Citazen Kabuto

Awful game, but i found Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude pretty funny in places.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deadpool
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any time you switched to Trevor in GTA5 :D Best one was switching to him finding him on a scooter going up the freeway chasing someone else shouting "Scooter buddy!"
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In recent years "stick it to the man", was a PS+ game earlier in the year.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ratchet and Clank series

Portal 1 & Portal 2

Far Cry Blood Dragon

Left 4 Dead (Not a heavy storyline but some of the things the characters said made me lol)

The Last of Us (For the most part is was a really gloomy downbeat game but Ellie still had me burst out laughing at times)
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Any time you switched to Trevor in GTA5 :D Best one was switching to him finding him on a scooter going up the freeway chasing someone else shouting "Scooter buddy!"

At first I didn't like Trevor but he grew on me, Once I got used to him I found his cut scenes were always the funniest.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portal 2 courtesy of Stephen Merchant.

The Monkey Island games had a good sense of humour too.