Independent stations

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
Forum Member
Are there any in left or are they all now part of a bigger group??

Comments

• jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    AKhanna1 wrote: »

Ever heard of Google or doing your own research possibly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Ever heard of Google or doing your own research possibly?

I have had a look thanks and don't seem to be able to find any, seeming as this is a discussion forum about radio, I assumed someone on here may know if there are any left.

Thanks for the helpful advice.
  • OrangyOrangy Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or contributing to another thread already discussing this, which others have been commenting on as recently as 5 mins before this thread was started!?
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All been taken over and destroyed by Global and Bauer.
    Forum Member
    I have a strong feeling your a reporter, Hanna.No doubt your in the process of writing an article about radio and you want 'us' to help you write it?
  • jon craigjon craig Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a strong feeling your a reporter, Hanna.No doubt your in the process of writing an article about radio and you want 'us' to help you write it?

Of course, journalists regularly use posts from the DS discussion forums as reference points when writing their articles. After all, everything your read on here comes from well-informed, reliable sources. What could possibly go wrong? ;-)
    All been taken over and destroyed by Global and Bauer.

And there's an example of why no journalist worth their salt would come anywhere near here when looking for material. Clearly hmeister has never heard of UTV, Orion, UKRD, Celador, Media Sound, Anglian Radio, Lincs Group, Town & Country, Quidem etc..........Either that or just wanted to get away another cheap shot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jon craig wrote: »
    Of course, journalists regularly use posts from the DS discussion forums as reference points when writing their articles. After all, everything your read on here comes from well-informed, reliable sources. What could possibly go wrong? ;-)

And there's an example of why no journalist worth their salt would come anywhere near here when looking for material. Clearly hmeister has never heard of UTV, Orion, UKRD, Celador, Media Sound, Anglian Radio, Lincs Group, Town & Country, Quidem etc..........Either that or just wanted to get away another cheap shot!

I have actually heard of some of them, UTV are the ones who are ruining Juice FM by adding loads of networked crap. It's basically becoming another Radio City:(
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    I have actually heard of some of them, UTV are the ones who are ruining Juice FM by adding loads of networked crap. It's basically becoming another Radio City:(

All the radio stations in this country are ruined. The future is internet radio stations.
  • jon craigjon craig Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And what about the other 8 companies I listed?
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of networked 'crap'? Its 3 hours a day. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulx23 wrote: »
    Loads of networked 'crap'? Its 3 hours a day. :confused:

That's 3 hours too long and it's obvious that even more will quickly infest Juice.

Juice FM is as dead as Radio City now and Liverpool doesn't have any proper local stations.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's just a 3 hour evening show Monday-Thursday, and the Big Top 40 on Sunday. I'd rather they didn't take these shows, not because they're networked but they don't exactly fit the Juice format/music policy.

UTV have nothing else suitable to network on Juice so I can't see any more networked shows being added.
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AKhanna1 wrote: »

in greater manchester there are 2 independant stations imagine fm and revolution96.2
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Long may they continue to keep a proper ilr presence on the radio.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im my area Kingdom FM is still Independent and I can also pick up Central FM that is also still Independent I beleve.

Darren
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazz FM is an independent station with over half a million listeners.
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Whilst there may be some mostly-automated independent radio out there, some are still providing a decent local service to their broadcast areas.
    Kingdom FM, Time 107.5, Radio Jackie, Wave 105 and MKFM are all very enjoyable listens with locally-relevant content that doesn't seem like it's being done out of "speech requirements" quotas, i.e. unnaturally forced.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is some independent ones in the north too.
  • mfrmfr Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member
    Original 106 in NE Scotland is independent.
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    mfr wrote: »

Which reminds me. Wave 102 is a good local listen as well where presenters can talk to listeners and not at them. Just a shame about their low-quality webstream.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mfr wrote: »
    vinnielo wrote: »
    Which reminds me. Wave 102 is a good local listen as well where presenters can talk to listeners and not at them. Just a shame about their low-quality webstream.

God forbid this ever happens but you have to wonder why Global don't buy these 2 stations to have coverage of one of their brands on FM in the other 2 main Scottish cities.

As I say, please don't let it happen.
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    Whilst there may be some mostly-automated independent radio out there, some are still providing a decent local service to their broadcast areas.
    Kingdom FM, Time 107.5, Radio Jackie, Wave 105 and MKFM are all very enjoyable listens with locally-relevant content that doesn't seem like it's being done out of "speech requirements" quotas, i.e. unnaturally forced.

wave 105 is owned by bauer..mkfm is a community radio station
  • Mr Wi-FiMr Wi-Fi Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Team Rock
    The Breeze Network
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the radio stations in this country are ruined. The future is internet radio stations.

I can't think of any radio stations worth listening to other than Gaydio, Team Rock and a pirate I found when I was in Birmingham a few months ago.

I usually stick to Digitally Imported or some of the many foreign stations on TuneIn that don't play the same 6 songs over and over and choose to talk about 1D instead of the news.
  • CiderMonsterCiderMonster Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I usually stick to Digitally Imported or some of the many foreign stations on TuneIn that don't play the same 6 songs over and over and choose to talk about 1D instead of the news.

Ditto, both of those platforms are a real little boon