Advice on a Vonshef 26litre Toaster Oven

cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
Forum Member
✭✭
I have just received my new Toaster Oven. Not used it yet, but reading the instructions it states it is advisable to keep the door partly open. Surely not for baking?
Has anyone on here got one? I have been reading the reviews on Amazon, and just one other person asked the same question, but no one has answered it yet on that site.

Comments

• Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it depends on how busy the street you live in is, and if you can see the door from the kitchen. If I lived in a bad area I wouldn't like the idea of doing it for very long.
  • cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it depends on how busy the street you live in is, and if you can see the door from the kitchen. If I lived in a bad area I wouldn't like the idea of doing it for very long.

I should have stated the oven door, not my front door.

When toasting or grilling It is right to keep the door slightly ajar. The instructions for baking says it is advisable to keep the oven door slightly ajar. :confused:
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems very strange to be hnest, witht he grill I can understand, but a oven needs to be sealed to bake. I wonder if the intrustions lost something in the translation to English.

I never heard of Vonshef before, i looked on there site, but it is not a very good site,
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you hadn't clicked on the expand button? as there are 5 replies to the question - http://www.amazon.co.uk/instrutions-leave-during-cooking-correct/forum/Fx2MYQTSRJ2UAZG/Tx1UK5Q2RLFCW9D/1/ref=cm_cd_ql_tlc_al?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00DY6AB06

The answers seem to suggest: Shut the door when using as an oven, leave ajar for toasting and grilling. Happy camping :)
  • cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you hadn't clicked on the expand button? as there are 5 replies to the question - http://www.amazon.co.uk/instrutions-leave-during-cooking-correct/forum/Fx2MYQTSRJ2UAZG/Tx1UK5Q2RLFCW9D/1/ref=cm_cd_ql_tlc_al?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00DY6AB06

The answers seem to suggest: Shut the door when using as an oven, leave ajar for toasting and grilling. Happy camping :)

Oh thankyou for finding that. I thought too what noise 747 mentioned about lost in translation. Majority of the wording in the manual was O.K, so they must have just repeated that instruction as to the grill and toast.

I panic with anything new, so much appreciated for your replies. The majority of the reviews were in favour with this oven, so I took a chance and it was in the sale too.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I have a split oven and the top part in an oven & grill. If only using the grill the door has to be open, even if just slightly ajar.

I think it's a safety feature.