Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 63)

Comments

• Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    So pleased the rugby did so well, I hope it this will keep it on a free to view channel for the future. So much more exciting a game than the footy IMO.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Benidorm: 3.53m (14.5%)
    * +1 was 140k or less

Lowest rating since series one?

You sure +1 was that though? Seems odd as it has been getting 400-500k on +1 this series.

Poor rating but not entirely surprising.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Not only that but the rest of the competition will do well if England do well. ITV will be hoping for more of the same for the World Cup as well.

I'm Welsh. The pub I was in wasn't very happy :(
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    You sure +1 was that though? Seems odd as it has been getting 400-500k on +1 this series.

Poor rating but not entirely surprising.

Yes, very low +1 numbers across the board. I'm hoping that the shows facing the Six Nations will timeshift more than usual. Is that likely?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Welsh. The pub I was in wasn't very happy :(

Wasn't really bothered who wins as they are both from the UK, Much better then crap football through.
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKP_N37OAE&feature=youtu.be

Introducing the brand new Tracy Island. I have to say it does look stunning. A lot of work has gone into this. Let's hope the characters look good in moving picture and better than they did on the still. I still believe this should be leading into ITV's evening line-up. 6:30pm, or even 5.30pm would be a good slot too launch it. It would do miles better than anything else they have. It seems a waste to throw in CITV and the early morning on ITV.
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    It does look good, although for me it shows what a masterpiece of creation the original was minus 50 years of technological advances.
    If ITV aren't going to put this on in the slots you suggest even in the deadscape of scheduling that currently exists, there must be a reason for it. Personally I don't think it will be quite the hit you suggest. True stuff like Worzel Gummidge and Metal Mickey could bring in millions at 5.15 on Saturdays but back in those days kids shows were something adults would watch even without an accompanying child. The advent of child only channels has rather segregated adults from them(apart from obviously sitting with young childen) and they dont get involved in Blue Peter for example anywhere as much as before. I think there would be a moderate burst of curiosity for Thunderbirds at the start(from an adult perspective), but the only thing that's made big news so far in the papers seems to be the character images which haven't gone down well overall. If anything they have made the show appear more child only than before.

Ofcourse we need to wait and see an episode before we can make a complete judgement.

Still think ITV should give this a go on (as suggested) a Saturday at 5.30pm. Realise the tv landscape has changed from those Worzel Gummidge and Pink Panther Show days but ITV might do well out of this recognisable "brand" airing on their main channel. Then again if numbers disappointed it would be enough to make Parker spill the cocktail all over Lady Penelope's lap! :(
    A poor figure but in the circumstances it had two programmes pulling away Benidorm's core audience. Without the rugby and CBB next week the final episode should rally back over 5m.

And as we know back for another series!
    DrOswald wrote: »
    It's looking like the show will air in a 7pm Sunday slot in New Zealand, going by ratecards for advertisers. 6.30pm Saturdays would be a good slot for it on ITV

Confident down under!
    Salv* wrote: »
    I understand where your coming from, but just the fact that so many people dropped the final baffled me. I would have at least expected a huge +1 rating to carry it on to 3m. It needs 1m to match last January's official, when you look at the fact this series was beating last January almost all series, it just feels really disappointing.

Who's here for the biggest timeshift in Ch5 history? I hope so! Last year added on 520,000, hope this adds on more than that!

Not been watching the show but I wonder if people were put off the possibility that Katie Price might win?
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    That's better than what EE would've got in a 30 minute slot

No it isnt.... EE gets that and higher even up to 7.5/ 7.6m and share higher than 31% sometimes (obviously it fluctuates at time) if it was 8 mill then yeah you're right but um EE does get that and higher ...
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless: 4.03m (26.9%)
    BBC News at Six: 5.31m (30.5%)
    BBC Regional News: 5.94m (32.3%)
    The One Show: 4.30m (22.2%)
    Six Nations Rugby: 7.31m (31.4%)
    BBC News at Ten: 4.84m (24.6%)
    BBC Regional News: 4.41m (24.8%)
    The Graham Norton Show: 3.39m (24.1%)

Super number for the Six Nations!

That's a great rating for the rugby last night, the fluctuating score-line will no doubt have kept viewers interested for the entire match. I can well imagine Sky/BT will be looking at the rights with ratings like that.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebrity Big Brother Live Final: 2.71m (12.3%) inc +1
    * peak: 3.16m (14.2%) at 22:00

Out with a whimper in the context of the series, it has to be said.

Not bad, though, and a sign 2-3 million viewers still want to watch a 15 year old show. I don't think the rugger will have impacted on it much as I can't see much of a crossover between audiences. Hardly likely a rugger bugger is going to think, oh, I have to see if Katie Price wins tonight, or a BB fan turning over to see if England are winning.
    One sobering thought about this series of CBB, will Katie Price's victory and the revival of her career see her make more programmes about her life.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    The effects of the rugby were felt over on Channel 4 as The Jump (1.45m exc. +1) tumbled to a series low and the stuffing was knocked out of the usually reliable Cats Does Countdown (1.05m exc. +1).
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday 6th February 2015:

Corrie : 6.9m (32.8%)
    Corrie : 5.56m (22.7)
    Emmerdale : 6.09m (31.4%)
    Doctors : 1.63m (23.4%)
    Neighbours : 650k (9.2%)
    Home & Away 219k (3.1%)
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    dave01 wrote: »
    That's a great rating for the rugby last night, the fluctuating score-line will no doubt have kept viewers interested for the entire match. I can well imagine Sky/BT will be looking at the rights with ratings like that.
    If they have any money left that is following what's likely to be an especially bonkers Premier League rights auction.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Not bad, though, and a sign 2-3 million viewers still want to watch a 15 year old show. I don't think the rugger will have impacted on it much as I can't see much of a crossover between audiences. Hardly likely a rugger bugger is going to think, oh, I have to see if Katie Price wins tonight, or a BB fan turning over to see if England are winning.
    One sobering thought about this series of CBB, will Katie Price's victory and the revival of her career see her make more programmes about her life.

I have to disagree with you a little here. Usually, the BB and sports demo are completely different, but I have noticed that every time CBB this year faced any sort of sporting event, it fell. This rarely has happened in the past (except for World Cup and Euro Games), but this year it did. I think that means that a lot more males/sport fans were tuning into CBB this year. It kind of makes sense too,, I have never see so many men speak about such a "female heavy" show. I'm guessing the hardcore fans watched the whole series, and the casuals (which may have consisted of primarily men) dipped out when it faced sport.
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    The Sherlock special is said to have almost finished filming, amid rumours that the fourth full series will now not film until 2016 and thus possibly not air until 2017.
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Friday 6th February 2015:

Corrie : 6.9m (32.8%)
    Corrie : 5.56m (22.7)
    Emmerdale : 6.09m (31.4%)
    Doctors : 1.63m (23.4%)
    Neighbours : 650k (9.2%)
    Home & Away 219k (3.1%)

Why do ITV still split Corrie into two parts on Non-EastEnders nights?
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic figure for the rugby which continues BBC One's brilliant start to 2015. Everything else was hit with relatively disappointing figures particularly for the second Coronation Street, Benidorm and Celebrity Big Brother. Everything was hit though; The Jump, 8 Out of 10 Cats, Mastermind and Food & Drink also suffered.

[highlight]Another week and another set of shows to predict on the DSRPG. Will the Jump soar for it's finale? Will The Gift be a gift to us all? Will we be burnt by The Great Comic Relief Bake Off? Will Broadchurch see a boost thanks to a lack of Silent Witness and Big Brother and how will John Sergeant's barging go down round Britain? With Sunday seeing the launch of two new dramas, how will The Casual Vacancy and Indian Summers perform opposite each other?

Why not have a go on this week's DSRPG schedule? Just click [/highlight]HERE [highlight], hit the quote mark, delete the 'Quote' and get predicting.

Thank you to everyone in advance who takes part.

:)[/highlight]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you a little here. Usually, the BB and sports demo are completely different, but I have noticed that every time CBB this year faced any sort of sporting event, it fell. This rarely has happened in the past (except for World Cup and Euro Games), but this year it did. I think that means that a lot more males/sport fans were tuning into CBB this year. It kind of makes sense too,, I have never see so many men speak about such a "female heavy" show. I'm guessing the hardcore fans watched the whole series, and the casuals (which may have consisted of primarily men) dipped out when it faced sport.
    I think this series of CBB has been bigged up more, now that Richard Desmond has sold Channel 5 and the Daily Star no longer has exclusive access, and more papers have taken an interest. It's likely a few hundred thousand non viewers will have drifted across to see what CBB is like these days, but as you say, the casualswho like sport will have been watching BBC One last night.
    Also while the bulk of BB followers are women, about 35 per cent of its audience is male and no doubt the presence of good looking women in the house will intersxest some male viewers.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »

Arguably a single, hour-long Corrie would have rated better last night. However to foster addiction, soaps are best kept in their usual slots unless absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »

I dread to think how low Benidorm would have sunk without the Coronation Street crutch.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    The Sherlock special is said to have almost finished filming, amid rumours that the fourth full series will now not film until 2016 and thus possibly not air until 2017.

There filming in Islington today.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    If they have any money left that is following what's likely to be an especially bonkers Premier League rights auction.

ITV should try and get the Six Nations.

I'm not a great advocate of sports events, which are commercial entities, being paid for by the TVL.

RBS should be paying the BBC to show their massive logo.

More Wolf Hall and its ilk for my TVL.
  • Options
    mrstreetcredmrstreetcred Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Zac Quinn wrote: »

It wouldn't surprise me if tango takes the sun slot again then next year
  • Options
    Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Goodness! The Rugby really did knock the stuffing out of everything last night. I had no idea it was going to rate so highly!

Corrie was hit really badly, in particular that second episode rating of 5.6m is atrocious. This had a knock-on effect to Benidorm too which posted a poor number as well.

CBB Final down on what it should have probably got - but overall it's rated very well once again.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »

I'm not a great advocate of sports events, which are commercial entities, being paid for by the TVL.

I think it's been agreed in here that, even at the current price of £3m a match, the Six Nations would be a loss-making proposition for ITV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

I reckon ITV will make a bid, but the contract doesn't expire until 2017 and the earliest they can show the 6 Nations is 2018. Also if the price is right, I can see them trying to get the ECL back as this is a bigger contract.
This discussion has been closed.