Options

Michael McIntyre 2009 Tour...

Comments

• Options
    stumcdstumcd Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Saw him earlier on in the year for one of his warm up shows and it was fantastic. He was just amazing to see live and I will definitely be buying the dvd. I hope everyone has as good a time as I did :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    _Laura_ wrote: »
    Hey,

Im going to see him next month in Glasgow - cant wait! So i will be keeping an eye on this post to see how his upcoming shows go.

I'm going to see him in Glasgow too on the Friday night...can't wait! Have to come up from Liverpool as he was fully booked down this way and that was a while ago, Glasgow's my home town anyway so tying it into a long weekend. I'm sure he will be fab!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    maverick7 wrote: »
    I'm going to see him in Glasgow too on the Friday night...can't wait! Have to come up from Liverpool as he was fully booked down this way and that was a while ago, Glasgow's my home town anyway so tying it into a long weekend. I'm sure he will be fab!

Aw thats really cool :)

I could only get tickets for the sunday - they were selling out fast for all 3 nights!
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit some of his routine is spot on and original, he can be quite annoying (Britsh Comedy Awards spring to mind:rolleyes:) but is fine in small doses like on Live at the Apollo.

When he anounced the arena tour I was thinking ok maybe he plays 6 shows to a total audience of 100,000 people at £25-30 a ticket what a nice money earner,

Now it looks like about 20 sold out shows...maybe £10 million in ticket sales alone, that is before the xmas dvd - so I will concede that he can certainly pull the fans in
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    I went to see him last night in Cardiff CIA - I nearly died laughing - I found myself putting my hands over my ears just to get my breathe - He was BRILLIANT! - Didnt want him to stop - He talks about blokes at the gym who are not scared to walk about in the nip and morning breathe ....wont say any more but your all in for a treat - I would go again tonight if I had my way!

Sounds great! Thanks for posting about it. :D

Does he still do the Q&A at the end, like he did with his warm-up shows?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    I'm going to Brighton on Nov 5 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just bumping this up...

Still can't find any online reviews of his tour so far! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I'm off to see him tonight, I'm so excited, we've had the tickets for months! While I can't promise a great review after the event I will try (behind spoiler tags of course!) :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I am going to see him at the o2 on Tuesday, I can't wait! I love watching him on tv and have also not seen him live but I'm really looking forward to it! We've had our tickets for months too!!
    Enjoy yourself tonight!
  • Options
    Captain_JackCaptain_Jack Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Katie841 wrote: »
    Just bumping this up...

Still can't find any online reviews of his tour so far! :(

Found some reviews of his Cardiff shows here:
    http://reviews.ticketmaster.co.uk/7171-en_gb/948054/reviews.htm

Less than two weeks to go now...can't wait :D
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _Laura_ wrote: »
    Hey,

Im going to see him next month in Glasgow - cant wait! So i will be keeping an eye on this post to see how his upcoming shows go.

Lucky you, please keep us posted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Last night was brilliant! Those of you who are yet to see him are in for a fantastic night :D

As usual, his sharp, observational wit makes you wonder if he's been stalking you for the last few months! At some point I think each and every one of the 8000 people in the arena sat and laughed thinking 'oh my goodness, I say/do that!' From the dangers of playing on the Wii with a toddler in the room to shopping with the wife and the peril of men's changing rooms at the gym and the conversations you have with your partner in the morning, there's something everyone can relate and laugh out loud along to!

He also treated us to the full range of skipping (YAY!), face pulling and accents from Irish to Nigerian and put a whole load of energy into a 2 hour performance. He gave a very heartflet thank you to the audience for coming to see him and came back for a very short encore which was a joke about his wife's advice on de-stressing before a gig. What was also nice was that he makes his show relevant to the city he's in, including the obvious mention of Robin Hood for us Nottingham dwellers!

A couple of words of warning...first, if you have good seats and turn up late, expect some stick! Secondly, you will never watch snooker the same way again :D
  • Options
    nickyislady_tnickyislady_t Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw him on Friday night and he was sooooooooooo funny!!!!!
    i want to go and see him again!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only just had chance to check back in here... the show sounds hilarious! So excited for next Friday now. :D

Thanks for posting the reviews/links! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Saw him last night at Wembley Arena where the DVD (released on 16th November) was filmed also.

Put simply, Buy it! You wont be disappointed, it was absolutely bloody fantastic. My cheeks have never hurt so much, I was laughing that hard! Just wish now that I booked tickets for the NIA as well as I was tempted to do when I bought the Wembley seats! Cant wait to watch it again!

Already put the "Laugh Snort Snot Sneeze" car sticker on my rear window that I bought last night, just gutted that they'd sold out of the "Think Prick, Say Tut" one!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for internet shopping :D
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So jealous of you all going to see Michael McIntyre!

I'm definitely going to go sometime. I think he's hysterical. Think I'll settle for the dvd this time round though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Roxtar1981 wrote: »

Already put the "Laugh Snort Snot Sneeze" car sticker on my rear window that I bought last night, just gutted that they'd sold out of the "Think Prick, Say Tut" one!!!!!!!!

Haha, that's hilarious! :D Might have to get myself one of those on Friday, lol :p

Quick question for those who have seen him on this tour... does he have a programme for the show? If so, how much are they? Thanks. :)
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Saw him last night at Wembley Arena where the DVD (released on 16th November) was filmed also.

Put simply, Buy it! You wont be disappointed, it was absolutely bloody fantastic. My cheeks have never hurt so much, I was laughing that hard! Just wish now that I booked tickets for the NIA as well as I was tempted to do when I bought the Wembley seats! Cant wait to watch it again!

Already put the "Laugh Snort Snot Sneeze" car sticker on my rear window that I bought last night, just gutted that they'd sold out of the "Think Prick, Say Tut" one!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for internet shopping :D

I was there on saturday night also.:D He was absolutely brilliant. I had a sore throat from laughing so hard. I saw his first tour last year and his warm ups a few months ago and this was defo the funniest yet. I adore him.:D
  • Options
    Captain_JackCaptain_Jack Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    The more I check back on this thread the greater my anticipation to see the show, its sounding fantastic!
    All the reviews I've read have been brilliant.

Can't wait for this Weds night at Birmingham NIA.
    WooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to see him in Aberdeen in three weeks, can't wait :D
  • Options
    da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to see him in 17th October yaaaaaaaaaaaay
  • Options
    ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me too yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saw him at Wembley last wednesday, was soooo funny it hurt, couldnt breathe and my tummy muscles sure got a work out!

My fav bits were a thing about herbs and spices, and a bit about sleeping rituals of couples!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Katie841 wrote: »
    Haha, that's hilarious! :D Might have to get myself one of those on Friday, lol :p

Quick question for those who have seen him on this tour... does he have a programme for the show? If so, how much are they? Thanks. :)

Programme was £6, car sticker was £2 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Programme was £6, car sticker was £2 :)

Thank you! :)

Can't wait until Friday night now. :D