Anyone else feeling kinda...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the revealing stats have now come out and whats gone on in the media, etc, Olly was VERY VERY lucky to have got to the final 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    Lydian wrote: »
    After the revealing stats have now come out and whats gone on in the media, etc, Olly was VERY VERY lucky to have got to the final 3.

I'll agree with you, but it just goes to show you how much support he must have then, right?

However, I don't see how that answers my original post... but anyway. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie841 wrote: »
    I'm an Olly fan, but even I can see that The Climb was by far suited more towards Joe... Olly gave it his best shot (I think his performance was actually pretty damn good), but it was never going to compare to Joe's. I think saying he "didn't deliver" is harsh... he gave it his best shot, what more could he have done with that kind of song?

Maybe what I meant is he probably wasn't allowed to deliver tonight because neither of the two songs he had suited him anywhere near as well as the two on Saturday.

Looking back to last year, although I liked JLS throughout, they only really came into their own for me in the final when every song seemed to bring out the best in them - that's why I wasn't so flat last year, because I knew they'd given it their best shot and I don't think Olly had the chance to give it his best shot tonight...
  • pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I usually find the final a bit flat. I honestly prefer the earlier weeks when there are more contestants, and everyone is finding their feet. The judges are more acerbic in their comments too - whereas in the final it tends to be nothing but positive praise, which gets boring

I don't think it helped spreading it over two nights, and tonights show dragged on forever it seemed. Two hours to have a total of four songs by the contestants before the results was ridiculous. How many recaps do we need , for goodness sake?
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pgw71 wrote: »
    To be honest, I usually find the final a bit flat. I honestly prefer the earlier weeks when there are more contestants, and everyone is finding their feet. The judges are more acerbic in their comments too - whereas in the final it tends to be nothing but positive praise, which gets boring

I don't think it helped spreading it over two nights, and tonights show dragged on forever it seemed. Two hours to have a total of four songs by the contestants before the results was ridiculous. How many recaps do we need , for goodness sake?

Totally agree, why go to the judges at all during the final? We all know what they are going to say and a Sunday show..for 2 hours...is just tedious.
    Forum Member
    N X M wrote: »
    Maybe what I meant is he probably wasn't allowed to deliver tonight because neither of the two songs he had suited him anywhere near as well as the two on Saturday.

Looking back to last year, although I liked JLS throughout, they only really came into their own for me in the final when every song seemed to bring out the best in them - that's why I wasn't so flat last year, because I knew they'd given it their best shot and I don't think Olly had the chance to give it his best shot tonight...

I see...

So, are you saying that you imagine Olly has good things coming to him in the future?

I have to say, being an Olly fan, I find it almost annoying that people are saying he'll be fine, he'll get signed, etc.... it's not always guaranteed, is it? Just because JLS have had outstanding success doesn't mean the same will happen for him, unfortunately. :(
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is much fairer being split over two nights as it gives the fans of the third act the chance to transfer their support.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final was the worst one ever for me, it was so dull the only good bit about it was Alex and JLS the rest was a waste of time.
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    The entire series has been lacklustre.

But the only way is up - roll on Series 7!

I see no reason whatsoever to assume that :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed very flat. I got really emotional when Olly did his winner's song but apart from that it was just a bit.. meh, I sort of knew the way it was going to go.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, there is no way I could justify Olly wining over Joe. Joe has a better voice by far.
    Forum Member
    Roamed wrote: »
    It seemed very flat. I got really emotional when Olly did his winner's song but apart from that it was just a bit.. meh, I sort of knew the way it was going to go.

Yep, I agree... I love Olly, but he was never going to compete with Joe for that song. The worst thing is, I'm pretty sure Olly knew that too. :(
  • xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... aroused?

Yeah I do feel a little empty for about 10 minutes once it's finished, but the media will no doubt continue to shove it down our throats at least for the next week. By that time, Xmas is just around the corner and I have something else to look forward to. :)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm feeling kinda.

It's Christmas innit.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'm feeling kinda.

It's Christmas innit.

... :p
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    caz789 wrote: »
    I see no reason whatsoever to assume that :D

You're right. It could be even worse. :eek:
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Katie841 wrote: »
    I have to say, being an Olly fan, I find it almost annoying that people are saying he'll be fine, he'll get signed, etc.... it's not always guaranteed, is it? Just because JLS have had outstanding success doesn't mean the same will happen for him, unfortunately. :(

I agree, of course I could be wrong but I just don't think Olly's current enough to do well in the charts (I'm not a fan though so it doesn't really bother me :o) He might make an album to cash in on the Mother's Day market though?
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    I agree, of course I could be wrong but I just don't think Olly's current enough to do well in the charts (I'm not a fan though so it doesn't really bother me :o) He might make an album to cash in on the Mother's Day market though?

I honestly don't know... I just find it almost naive. I'm sure people are saying it to make themselves feel better, rather than anything else. I'm just trying to be realistic. :(
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    the final did not excite me at all!! the whole week i was soo excited then stacey got booted off yesterday and that did it for me!! the most boring final ever!! it didn't even feel like a final there was no sitting at the edge of your seat for the result which ruins it!!!

For which we can all thank none other than your heroine Dannii Minogue. If she had taken the Olly/John and Edward bottom two to deadlock and let the public decide, we would have had a final three of Joe, Stacey, and Danyl.

Thanks, Dannii.
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The talent won so I'm happy. He'll go the same way as ray did when he finished runner up in 2006.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release Me wrote: »
    The talent won so I'm happy. He'll go the same way as ray did when he finished runner up in 2006.

Can he ice skate as well? :eek::D
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a fairly poor series. The field was lacklustre. I'm not convinced they found the international superstar Cowell wanted. Joe seems like a really nice lad I'm just not sure his vocal talent is suited to a superstar pop career - in musical theatre he could really shine though. It was a shame that there were so many also-rans this year, who never had any real star quality.

We shall see. Hopefully the judges will make better decisions next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I'd have enjoyed the final better if it had been between Joe and Danyl.:cry: But even although I was a fan of Danyl the right person won and I think Joe will go on to be a great success in the States.

By the way, now that the voting percentages have been published I hope it's CLEAR to the Danyl detractors who were saying he was 'hated' that he managed to get about a third more votes overall than Olly Murs. The nasty press coverage and the lukewarm treatment he got from the judges AND Holly Willoughby and Dermott (who always acted 'surprised' when anyone said something nice about Danyl) was a disgrace. Their response ALWAYS was (with raised eyebrows..'Oh but not many people seem to like him.' Of course we know the reason for this now i.e..they all had Ollie down to WIN and had probably put a huge bet on him. Their attempts to manipulate viewers opinion and demonise Danyl was really shocking and it put me off the lot of them. So much so, although I hope Joe does amazingly well, and I'm sure he will, there's no way I would watch the X Factor again next year. To much nasty stuff went on this year.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think much of it is because most of us knew that Joe already had the win in the bag, and it would most likely be by a landslide. No unexpected shock result which would've cause forum meltdown!

Also, why no Christmas songs from the final 3? It always made the final seem really festive and you felt like the inevitable X Factor Christmas No.1 was just around the corner.

Not keen on splitting Saturday and Sunday shows - particularly during the final.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    The split worked surprisingly well for most of the series but not for the final.