Options

Jedward boos

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
Forum Member
Can someone explain honestly why people go on "auto-boo" when Jedward are around?

They're not nasty, not up themselves, don't slag anyone off ... you might find them a bit hyper and not like it when they sing but why the **** does that deserve a boo??

They're hard working, fun and, yes hyper lads - since when is that a crime? P***ing me right off now.:mad:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they're annoying ****s.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I accept that 100% ... will annoy some people but boos for that? Boos, particularly Big Brother boos, are saved for some one that has been a right bitch/nasty etc not just annoying.

If we booed everyone 'annoying' then we would never hear the TV again!
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I sort of met them once and found them to be pleasant, polite and well mannered. They also handled themselves very well around people who were taking the ***. They won my respect for that. The baying mob would probably prefer it if they were up themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leecamowol wrote: »
    I accept that 100% ... will annoy some people but boos for that? Boos, particularly Big Brother boos, are saved for some one that has been a right bitch/nasty etc not just annoying.

If we booed everyone 'annoying' then we would never hear the TV again!

To be honest, the boos did surprise me as well, especially as people like Kerry got cheers.
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice lads they may be, but should be restricted to kiddies tv programmes where they might be appreciated by a small percentage of kids who are easily pleased, but I think even most kids would feel embarrassed by them.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone explain honestly why people go on "auto-boo" when Jedward are around?

They're not nasty, not up themselves, don't slag anyone off ... you might find them a bit hyper and not like it when they sing but why the **** does that deserve a boo??

They're hard working, fun and, yes hyper lads - since when is that a crime? P***ing me right off now.:mad:

I don't understand it.
    They're nice, polite, fun, friendly, hard working lads. Anyone would think they went around murdering puppies the way some people go on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,538
    Forum Member
    I dont mind em :) I am not a big fan, certainly not in their fan demographic, but I think they are full of life, beans and fizz :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Idacyder wrote: »
    Nice lads they may be, but should be restricted to kiddies tv programmes where they might be appreciated by a small percentage of kids who are easily pleased, but I think even most kids would feel embarrassed by them.

*cough* errm ... I'm a ... ermm ... 29 year old male and purposely watch programmes I don't normally watch if they are scheduled to appear.

Going to see them in concert in December too.

Suppose I better get back to my colouring book then! ;)

And at the other end of my spectrum I'm into politics by the way ... stood at the last election just so you don't think I'm a 29 year old with a mentally age of a kid! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D
    Great answer and a very true statement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm in my late 30's seen them in concert more than a dozen times.
    Watched no end of programmes I would never normally watch because they'll be in them.

Before I became ill I was doing a PhD in chemical physics.

I don't mind colouring in but I prefer Hama beads to be honest.
  • Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    There's actually loads of us who don't fit the Jedward demographic who love the twins - I was very relieved when I found out there were other 'old timers' like me.

Enjoy the concert - I'm going to see them in November :D
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Because they're deluded into thinking they are relevant and even the next cultural phenomenon.

Even if they are being ironic, I'm still not in the mood for the joke. :cool:
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Because they're deluded into thinking they are relevant and even the next cultural phenomenon.

Even if they are being ironic, I'm still not in the mood for the joke. :cool:

They're many things, but I wouldn't call them deluded. They know all they're ever going to be is a fun pop act. To be honest, I think that's all they want to be.
    They might think they're relevant, but that's probably got something to do with the fact that they are.
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *cough* errm ... I'm a ... ermm ... 29 year old male and purposely watch programmes I don't normally watch if they are scheduled to appear.

Going to see them in concert in December too.

Suppose I better get back to my colouring book then! ;)

And at the other end of my spectrum I'm into politics by the way ... stood at the last election just so you don't think I'm a 29 year old with a mentally age of a kid! :rolleyes:

I suppose we`ve all got things that appeal to our inner child. Does an interest in politics automatically equal maturity?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are the biggest pantomime characters in there complete with resplendent costumes and wigs. Of course they will get boos.

They will also get a shed load of votes. That's the bigger tragedy of it all.
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose we`ve all got things that appeal to our inner child. Does an interest in politics automatically equal maturity?

I think going as far as to stand at an election represents a little more than just an "interest" in politics.
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are the biggest pantomime characters in there complete with resplendent costumes and wigs. Of course they will get boos.

They will also get a shed load of votes. That's the bigger tragedy of it all.

Wigs? You know summat we don't?

Personally I'd say Darryn's hair and costumes were the more outrageous but you know, I'd better get back to my colouring in before I have my morning nap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you think you will get an argument from me about Jedward you are barking up the wrong tree. :D

Enjoy your nap. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever....
    boos to woohoos

ok
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's upto them to change those boo's into cheers.
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me they are talentless twits with pathetic hair, they deserve to get booed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

why though?
    what is everyone else's amazing talent that they are exempt for booing?

They're really nice lads and they are real people!
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member

Whereas Darryn... ;)

You believe people deserve to get booed based on the way they have their hair? Really?
    As for the 'talentless' point (although I'd disagree, they have a talent for entertaining and putting on a show - which they design a lot of themselves), I assume you believe each and every contestant in regular BB deserves to be booed then?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was just trying to illustrate that I'm not some 29 year old bloke sat at home in "I heart Jedward" PJs on his sofa watching Jeremy Kyle with my colouring book ;)

Obviously maturity and politics aren't neccesarily together when you watch Clegg, Miliband and Cameron but thats a whole different argument! :p

p.s. realised that standing for election could mean anything so to clarify it wasn't the Monster Raving Loony Party! It was a party which does have a MP sitting in Parliament :)
  • Options
    michnickmichnick Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    lets split jedward up and see how they get on then,one without the other,they will fall apart:)