What television shows could work as films?

XIVXIV Posts: 21,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With The Simpsons Movie opening in just over a week, what over television shows could work as films. I don't mean films such as Scooby Doo, The Flintstones or Charlie's Angels but rather films such as South Park: BLAU, the Star Trek films and The X Files.

Mine are:
Futurama
Family Guy
CSI Franchise
Stargate SG1 and Atlantis
Monk

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sopranos :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    The A team,often discussed over a pint with my mates.we have come up with this:

hannibal-george clooney
    murdock-johny knocksville
    face-colin farrell
    BA-ving rhimms(sp?)

Starts in afganistan,hannible,face and BA are part of a special forces team sent in to rescue some captured VIP/Officers in a large cave system.when they get there they fight it out with the baddies and free the hostages.A second special forces team arrive with some other CIA types and search the caves finding a large amount of gold or nukes.The second team shoot the hostages and fight it out with hannibal,face,BA killing the rest off the team.The team escape and head back to their base only to find they have been framed by the CIA/others special forces team.

The guys are put in trucks headed for a flight back to the states but the bad guys plan to ambush the trucks and kill off the team disguised as locals.just as it looks like they are going to die A helicopter swoops in picks up the boys.murdock take the team off and the rest of the movie is split between the states and tracking the other team down to iraq/afganistan ect.

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    With The Simpsons Movie opening in just over a week, what over television shows could work as films. I don't mean films such as Scooby Doo, The Flintstones or Charlie's Angels but rather films such as South Park: BLAU, the Star Trek films and The X Files.

Mine are:
    Futurama
    Family Guy
    CSI Franchise
    Stargate SG1 and Atlantis
    Monk

That would be a hell of a long film!
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hannibal-george clooney
    face-colin farrell
    BA-ving rhimms(sp?)

Starts in afganistan,hannible,face and BA are part of a special forces team sent in to rescue some captured VIP/Officers in a large cave system.when they get there they fight it out with the baddies and free the hostages.A second special forces team arrive with some other CIA types and search the caves finding a large amount of gold or nukes.The second team shoot the hostages and fight it out with hannibal,face,BA killing the rest off the team.The team escape and head back to their base only to find they have been framed by the CIA/others special forces team.

The guys are put in trucks headed for a flight back to the states but the bad guys plan to ambush the trucks and kill off the team disguised as locals.just as it looks like they are going to die A helicopter swoops in picks up the boys.murdock take the team off and the rest of the movie is split between the states and tracking the other team down to iraq/afganistan ect.

;)

Change the cast to:

Hannibal: George Clooney
    Murdock : Giovanni Ribisi
    Face : Brad Pitt
    BA: Vin Diesel
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Xena: Warrior Princess, of course!

And they'd better do it quick before Lucy and Renee are too old to pull it off. As it were.

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    ruddiger wrote: »
    Change the cast to:

funny,after i posted i thought about changing face to brad pit,not so slimey.vin could work as BA too.

wasnt sure who Giovanni Ribisi was until I googled the name,also a good choice.

how about decker? and the reporter women?walken and jolie?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Who

Already done. An RTD movie would have to cut out the zeitgeist gags to have staying power though I reckon.

Sapphire and Steel
    Dead Like Me
    Heroes
    Buffy (but better than the original movie)
    Futurama

The A Team was pants. Get over it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hannibal-george clooney
    face-colin farrell
    BA-ving rhimms(sp?)

;)

Have you ever seen the A Team? It's very rare that anyone dies or gets shot - it was light hearted (and light brained) teatime telly. Any film would have a PG rating for sure and probably have its tongue firmly in cheek.
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granny wrote: »
    Already done. An RTD movie would have to cut out the zeitgeist gags to have staying power though I reckon.

Sapphire and Steel
    Dead Like Me
    Heroes
    Buffy (but better than the original movie)
    Futurama

The A Team was pants. Get over it!

But Saphire and Steele was fantastic???:rolleyes:

Buffy :p
    Forum Member
    Granny wrote: »
    Have you ever seen the A Team? It's very rare that anyone dies or gets shot - it was light hearted (and light brained) teatime telly. Any film would have a PG rating for sure and probably have its tongue firmly in cheek.

The Fans of the Ateam back in the 80s are now 30+ so I think the film could have a bit more of an edge to it than a show that was on at saturday tea time!:rolleyes:

any remake of an old tv show would have to be changed to please todays audiances(SP?)
  • broadzbroadz Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starring:

Wesley Snipes as Derek Griffiths
    Sarah Michelle Gellar as Chloe Ashcroft
    Jennifer Aniston as Toni Arthur
    Rowan Atkinson (in Blackadder 2 beard) as Fred Harris
    Val Kilmer as Lionel Morton
    Rae Dawn Chong as Floella Benjamin
    Jim Carrey as Johnny Ball
    and that bloke who played Capote as Brian Cant

also starring Richard Griffiths as Humpty, Mark Wahlberg as Big Ted, Matt Damon as Little Ted, J-Lo as Hamble and Cameron Diaz as Jemima.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    broadz wrote: »
    starring:

Wesley Snipes as Derek Griffiths
    Sarah Michelle Gellar as Chloe Ashcroft
    Jennifer Aniston as Toni Arthur
    Rowan Atkinson (in Blackadder 2 beard) as Fred Harris
    Val Kilmer as Lionel Morton
    Rae Dawn Chong as Floella Benjamin
    Jim Carrey as Johnny Ball
    and that bloke who played Capote as Brian Cant

also starring Richard Griffiths as Humpty, Mark Wahlberg as Big Ted, Matt Damon as Little Ted, J-Lo as Hamble and Cameron Diaz as Jemima.

Heh!
    Will it be an 18 with the toys used to conceal drugs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruddiger wrote: »
    Change the cast to:

Murdock : Jim Carrey