RIP Eileen Brennan

2»

Comments

• TootlesTheTaxiTootlesTheTaxi Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Sad news. Clue and Private Benjamin are brilliant films and she was very memorable in both of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Well, someone's got to break the ice, and it might as well be me. I mean, I'm used to being a hostess, it's part of my husband's work. And it's always difficult when a group of new friends meet together for the first time, to get acquainted. So I'm perfectly prepared to start the ball rolling. I mean, I-I have absolutely no idea what we're doing here. Or what I'm doing here, or what this place is about, but I am determined to enjoy myself. And I'm very intrigued, and, oh my, this soup's delicious, isn't it?"

Brilliant monologue from Clue. Delivered perfectly.
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Me too! I was obsessed with Private Benjamim when it first came out and went to the cinema about 3 times in one week to watch it:D
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    The 'me too' was in reference to wanting to watch Clue and Murder by Death:D
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Sad sad news. Fabulous actress. I will continue to enjoy your work u've left behind especially my two faves Private Benjamin and Clue. Adored those since childhood.

R.I.P
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Stole every film she was in. That will be her legacy

This. ;)
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Eileen Brennan, great character in Private Benjamin.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    She was definitely underrated (listing awards proves nothing), do you see that as an insult? To me it's a compliment! Anyway, this is not the place for such a discussion. This is most surely an appreciation thread. I have been crying a lot this evening due to my sadness that one of my favourite actresses has died - something I've never experienced before. I've changed my phone background in her honour.

I will never forget her.

Yes she had a great screen presence - and I watched her week in and out in the early 1980's on ITV after school. It is reassuring that actresses like her were in demand for such a long career (1966-2011) RIP.
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    RIP Eileen Brennan XxX
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had fantastic cheekbones and a really distinctive voice!
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was brilliant in PB, such a comic talent, and a versatile actress. So sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news.

80 is a grand age to reach.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Sad news such a great character actress, saw some lovely pics Susan Sarandon posted with -

Rare to find a heart so big and comedic timing so perfect. Eileen Brennan was a light for so many. My condolences to her family.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=216707775150777&set=p.216707775150777&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=216707655150789&set=a.213516582136563.1073741828.211855558969332&type=1&theater
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. Susan Sarandon's voice sometimes reminded me of Eileen's!