Is anyone else having problems with Series Link?

1235»

Comments

• casiocasio Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I was also having trouble with my series link so many times I rang Sky and the same thing rebuild and it will sort itself out, but it was a waste of time so in the end I arranged for an engineer to come out I have a maintenance contract with them so it didn't cost me anything.
    well he came out and I told him I had so much on my hard drive there was no way I was going to do a reset which I was told was the last option.
    he was brilliant and agreed and he then upgraded my box which is a 1tb. to the latest software and then did a rebuild after that.
    Since then I have had no trouble and the new software is brilliant as it puts the newest recordings at the top.
    so if anyone is having trouble contact sky and arrange an engineer to come out it will be the best thing you can do. but don't forget to tell him no way to do a reset.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    casio wrote: »
    I was also having trouble with my series link so many times I rang Sky and the same thing rebuild and it will sort itself out, but it was a waste of time so in the end I arranged for an engineer to come out I have a maintenance contract with them so it didn't cost me anything.
    well he came out and I told him I had so much on my hard drive there was no way I was going to do a reset which I was told was the last option.
    he was brilliant and agreed and he then upgraded my box which is a 1tb. to the latest software and then did a rebuild after that.
    Since then I have had no trouble and the new software is brilliant as it puts the newest recordings at the top.
    so if anyone is having trouble contact sky and arrange an engineer to come out it will be the best thing you can do. but don't forget to tell him no way to do a reset.

No need for an engineer, he's done nothing that you couldn't have done yourself.
  • casiocasio Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    For your information I am in my late 70s. and cannot bend down to do the update myself so I appreciated the engineer doing for me. there was no need to be sarcastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For your information I am in my late 70s. and cannot bend down to do the update myself so I appreciated the engineer doing for me. there was no need to be sarcastic.

You are telling people to arrange an engineer, which will cost most people, to do something they can do themselves, so yes, it is relevant, thank you very much, to save other people money you are telling them to spend!!

It is a well reported bug with certain versions of firmware, which is fixed by updating to the latest version, so in the vast majority of cases, no, an engineer is not required,a simple update will do the trick.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,947
    Forum Member

To be fair to sodafountain he/she was simply stating a fact. You may have chosen to detect sarcasm but that would be unfair.

I am glad the engineer option worked for you but, as sodafountain says, for most people it would result in an unnecessary expense.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been having lots of problems from Discovery HD channel its shows seem to keep cutting off before its ended.
    Not sure why?
    Have just changed my box to add 5 mins to end recording so will see if this helps?
  • the-masterthe-master Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breaking Bad on Spike regularly misses the last few minutes of the recording. Very annoying that they don't update the data when it over-runs.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The series linking for shows that have finished and sit at the bottom of schedules can not be deleted on my box.

Simon Reeve's Caribbean for example. Long finished, and no new series will be made as it was a one off. It sits there and says it's looking for a new series & will record it when it comes back. I delete it and the next day it's there again. :confused:
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    This is a fault.
    I had exactly the same problem with an obsolete Simpsons "Next Series" entry.
    I must have deleted it a dozen times, but it always returned.
    I reported it, and Sky did something at their end to remove it!
    Ask on the help forum.
    :)
  • tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to be able to change the next episode and next series that are set to record to be able to change them to reminders but you can't . I hope in the next update they allow you to change the recordings to reminders in the next episode next series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    This is a fault.
    I had exactly the same problem with an obsolete Simpsons "Next Series" entry.
    I must have deleted it a dozen times, but it always returned.
    I reported it, and Sky did something at their end to remove it!
    Ask on the help forum.
    :)

I will do Dave, thank you. :)

Simon Reeve is back in my schedules as 'Next Series' although I deleted him last night, and very night this week. :o Strange as the other series links (for other shows) stay deleted for some reason. Hope Sky help forum can sort it all out.

My search isn't working either. Says it's initialising. Said that for the past 24 hours. :confused:
  • scepticsceptic Posts: 400
    Forum Member

My search isn't working either. Says it's initialising. Said that for the past 24 hours. :confused:

If its still doing this I would try clearing out out deleted items and then reset the Sky viewing card, see https://youtu.be/YmkZbuawF6Y
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sceptic wrote: »
    If its still doing this I would try clearing out out deleted items and then reset the Sky viewing card, see https://youtu.be/YmkZbuawF6Y

That fixed it!
    Much obliged for your help sceptic. :):) Thank you.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have had a few things failed from Syfy HD channel to It comes up Part REC but Start Missed on quite a few Syfy films its only done half the film on my 2tb box.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When i've had recordings following on from each other i've had recordings say PART REC and in the info listed as a Technical Fault, not A clash but actually the whole programme was recorded.
  • Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    M problem is my Sky box keeps looking for a series link when I don't want it to! For instance, I'd recorded Peter Kay's Car Share, am now done with it, and now the Series Link is telling me it will look for the next series, when I don't want it to! I keep deleting it but it keeps coming back. Am I stuck with this? It's a facility I find quite annoying. Grateful for advice. :(
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ess_Bee wrote: »
    M problem is my Sky box keeps looking for a series link when I don't want it to! For instance, I'd recorded Peter Kay's Car Share, am now done with it, and now the Series Link is telling me it will look for the next series, when I don't want it to! I keep deleting it but it keeps coming back. Am I stuck with this? It's a facility I find quite annoying. Grateful for advice. :(

Go to SETTINGS > SYSTEM DETAILS if your boxes model number isn't R011.075.62.00P then force a software update to update it to this version.
    Afterwords try deleting the next series entry, and let us know if it still returns.
  • Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Go to SETTINGS > SYSTEM DETAILS if your boxes model number isn't R011.075.62.00P then force a software update to update it to this version.
    Afterwords try deleting the next series entry, and let us know if it still returns.

Thanks for that but it IS the model No. you quoted! I guess I'll just have to live with this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ess_Bee wrote: »
    Thanks for that but it IS the model No. you quoted! I guess I'll just have to live with this.

You won't have to love with it, as it is a glitch, presumably the latest firmware was supposed to fix the error, if it doesn't, Sky will be looking into it.
  • tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the planner where we see it says next episode next series I would like to be able to change the recording to a reminder