Options

Person of Interest S4: US Pace (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    lovetochat wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Well I didn't want to appear rude, it could be an auto correct thing though mine makes it cusco, as they seemed to know a lot about the show
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The intro to Person of Interest's New York Comic Con panel if anyone's interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SGC1JS1rc8

Warning: spoiler for a future episode, but sod it if you ask me, it's amazing :kitty:
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Well I didn't want to appear rude, it could be an auto correct thing though mine makes it cusco, as they seemed to know a lot about the show

Fusco, Rusco, Cusco, I thought it was funny, (well it made me chuckle!!) :D
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fantastic episode with a shocking reveal at the end now we know that Dominic is Mini and knew Shaw was tracking him.
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another class episode. The reveal at the end genuinely got me, haha! This Dominic seems like a worthy bad guy. Even Elias thinks twice about going after him. Also liked the Lennox swerve. I sort of called it but it was well done none-the-less.

Oh, and we got a tricky little hint with the name Mini. Short for Dominic. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting it to be honest; too much focus on a "minor" character. They fooled me once introducing Elias, they fooled me twice introducing Control, they didn't get me thrice.

edit: they didn't fool me introducing Root either, (a) because her alias was Caroline TURING, and (b) I didn't think Amy Acker would be a throwaway character (although she eventually was in Agents of Shield).
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I was expecting it to be honest; too much focus on a "minor" character.

Yes, me too. But I am having trouble with the fact that the smart thug in POI, has a lieutenant who was a better smart thug in The Wire.

Not sure why Elias is so worried, considering what his organisation has been capable of in the past. Also not sure why Elias isn't being flagged by cameras as a dangerous escaped crim, when on the subway. Maybe I've missed something?
  • Options
    hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaz22 wrote: »
    Another class episode. The reveal at the end genuinely got me, haha! This Dominic seems like a worthy bad guy. Even Elias thinks twice about going after him. Also liked the Lennox swerve. I sort of called it but it was well done none-the-less.

Oh, and we got a tricky little hint with the name Mini. Short for Dominic. :D

Which is why I figured it out as soon as he told Shaw his name was Mini, thus making the reveal one of the laziest pieces of writing the writing team on POI have ever done. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the episode but it was too predictable. Including as soon as the possibility of a mole was brought up I knew it was the female DEA agent.

The entire point of POI is it is unpredictable and that episode was far from it. I hope the writers do not stick to that type of writing because I hate knowing what is going on before we get to see it unfold.
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is why I figured it out as soon as he told Shaw his name was Mini, thus making the reveal one of the laziest pieces of writing the writing team on POI have ever done. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the episode but it was too predictable. Including as soon as the possibility of a mole was brought up I knew it was the female DEA agent.

The entire point of POI is it is unpredictable and that episode was far from it. I hope the writers do not stick to that type of writing because I hate knowing what is going on before we get to see it unfold.

BIB. Of course you did, son. You're a special little boy.

For the rest of us it came as a surprise Agent Lennox was with the brotherhood, given how she offered up her partner as a potential candidate. However Dominic was harder to fathom because he didn't intend to take a bullet and get arrested with several kilos of heroin. He made the best of a bad situation.
    My worry is his ability to get Malcolm and Tracie's mother out of jail. I don't think it's possible for him to offer up a solider as she confessed to the illegal firearm being hers. Does the brotherhood have a judge in their pocket or has Greer recruited a criminal organisation to see over a world he has no direct access to?

I still believe the assassin Martine is the real threat to Harold, Reese and Shaw's new identities. They cant possibly know who she is, unless she slips up or the machine somehow produces a number associated to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hume wrote: »
    BIB. Of course you did, son. You're a special little boy.

For the rest of us it came as a surprise Agent Lennox was with the brotherhood, given how she offered up her partner as a potential candidate. However Dominic was harder to fathom because he didn't intend to take a bullet and get arrested with several kilos of heroin. He made the best of a bad situation.
    My worry is his ability to get Malcolm and Tracie's mother out of jail. I don't think it's possible for him to offer up a solider as she confessed to the illegal firearm being hers. Does the brotherhood have a judge in their pocket or has Greer recruited a criminal organisation to see over a world he has no direct access to?

I still believe the assassin Martine is the real threat to Harold, Reese and Shaw's new identities. They cant possibly know who she is, unless she slips up or the machine somehow produces a number associated to her.

Any need for that type of stupid comment? We are all here to discuss a show we watch and enjoy. And all because I felt differently to you, or saw something you didn't, that justifies a silly and snide comment?

I was simply stating I could see it all a mile away. And I doubt I was the only one, they made it far too obvious which goes against what POI is all about. As I also stated I liked the episode, I just thought it could have been more creative.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still not sure why the DEA agent tried to steal the money?. What was the point, as she must have known she would be dead meat if caught.
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any need for that type of stupid comment? We are all here to discuss a show we watch and enjoy. And all because I felt differently to you, or saw something you didn't, that justifies a silly and snide comment?

I was simply stating I could see it all a mile away. And I doubt I was the only one, they made it far too obvious which goes against what POI is all about. As I also stated I liked the episode, I just thought it could have been more creative.

What did you have to gain from saying you knew what the reveal was? The reveal happened in the same episode. If there had been a week long pause in the reveal and you'd made your post, then we'd all be tipping our hats to you. As it is we only have your word for it. Unless you're the resurrection. I don't see why I should have blind faith in your word.

What irks me the most, is we both saw another great episode of this great series and your first thought is self aggrandizement.

Did you not notice the mutual appreciation between Shaw and Dominic. When Shaw said "This Dominic sounds like a smart guy". Obviously pandering to any feelings of loyalty towards his boss. Mini me "Dominic is just a guy like all the rest. He'll either burn out or get wasted. There's only one rule. We all die in the end."
    That's when Shaw realised she had to let him escape and follow him.
    Dominic, for his part, is always on the look out for talent. Recruiting Malcolm after all the trouble he caused, shows Dominic sees the big picture.
    With Shaw working as part of a criminal enterprise, what are the chances their paths won't cross again? Who will be recruiting who? Will Shaw give him a glimpse at the real big picture or will Dominic's pragmatism win through and be a source of revenue for Harold's operation. Albeit with Shaw assisting his organisation.

There's so much to discuss if you can leave your ego at the door.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hume wrote: »
    What did you have to gain from saying you knew what the reveal was? The reveal happened in the same episode. If there had been a week long pause in the reveal and you'd made your post, then we'd all be tipping our hats to you. As it is we only have your word for it. Unless you're the resurrection. I don't see why I should have blind faith in your word.

What irks me the most, is we both saw another great episode of this great series and your first thought is self aggrandizement.

Did you not notice the mutual appreciation between Shaw and Dominic. When Shaw said "This Dominic sounds like a smart guy". Obviously pandering to any feelings of loyalty towards his boss. Mini me "Dominic is just a guy like all the rest. He'll either burn out or get wasted. There's only one rule. We all die in the end."
    That's when Shaw realised she had to let him escape and follow him.
    Dominic, for his part, is always on the look out for talent. Recruiting Malcolm after all the trouble he caused, shows Dominic sees the big picture.
    With Shaw working as part of a criminal enterprise, what are the chances their paths won't cross again? Who will be recruiting who? Will Shaw give him a glimpse at the real big picture or will Dominic's pragmatism win through and be a source of revenue for Harold's operation. Albeit with Shaw assisting his organisation.

There's so much to discuss if you can leave your ego at the door.

Who in the hell said I was trying to gain anything, I was just saying that I could see what was coming before it was revealed. And offering my opinion on the episode. But for some reason to you that is ample enough reason to launch in to an attack and try to belittle me. Sorry if I upset your existence it really was not my intention. This is a public forum where people come and discuss things including the TV shows they watch, get the hell over yourself and grow up.

I noticed all of those things, but perhaps I should not state such a thing as you will once again launch you petty attack on a random stranger who just offered his opinion, or start believing me to be the messiah.

Once again I apologize for noticing things and then coming here to discuss them in a forum dedicated to the TV show in which I noticed said things. In the future I will PM you before doing so just to make sure that is all right by you your excellency.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble POI has is that as it's been done before and we're now looking out for these type of character twists, and therein lies the problem for the writers.

I'll admit to thinking the DEA agent might be 'the one' who was going to turn out as someone who wasn't all they seemed, but then the writers threw in Mini as well, which I have to admit, I didn't see coming at all! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers purposely put the dodgy agent in there as a sort of red herring to divert the viewers attention, and if that's the case then it certainly worked on me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    The trouble POI has is that as it's been done before and we're now looking out for these type of character twists, and therein lies the problem for the writers.

I'll admit to thinking the DEA agent might be 'the one' who was going to turn out as someone who wasn't all they seemed, but then the writers threw in Mini as well, which I have to admit, I didn't see coming at all! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers purposely put the dodgy agent in there as a sort of red herring to divert the viewers attention, and if that's the case then it certainly worked on me.

Everything you said is very true, hence why I noticed these things. The episode was very good as usual with POI, I just felt the writing let it down due to the twists. But when I think about what you said in the BiB above, it makes sense and it would have fooled or thrown some people off of the bigger reveal. Especially since we have had no explanation about the DEA agents motives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an excellent epsiode last night., one of the best ever for me, perhaps only behind the Endgame/The Crossing/The Devil's Share trilogy from last season.
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another fine episode. Seriously the consistency of this show has to be admired. Almost four full seasons of quality entertainment. I like the way this episode concentrated on the Machine and Samaritan. I enjoyed the flashbacks as well. It gave the machine even more character. And we also found out that Root was lying about the machine talking to her all the time.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an excellent epsiode last night., one of the best ever for me, perhaps only behind the Endgame/The Crossing/The Devil's Share trilogy from last season.

Agreed, it was a great episode and to me this was the final rehabilitation of Root from oddball enemy to a real team player.

Am wondering when the fight back against Samaritan starts?.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing episode last night, easily ranks along side the shows best ever episodes.

The face-off between Root vs Martine, literally had me out of my seat! POI has this knack of stringing together 2 or 3 unreal episodes each season, and this was the first.

Martine = The Terminator! LOL

Game on.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent episode :)

And were the writers fuelling the Root/Shaw shipping even more with that exchange between Root and Harold?

"Harold, if I don't make it, please give Shaw a message for me."

"I think she already knows, Ms. Groves."
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Excellent episode :)

And were the writers fuelling the Root/Shaw shipping even more with that exchange between Root and Harold?

"Harold, if I don't make it, please give Shaw a message for me."

"I think she already knows, Ms. Groves."

Shipping?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode was back on top form for me, enjoyed every part of it. The subtle "Shoot" hints and the fact Martine seemed to be a Terminator, I guess the writers have been paying attention to the fanbase.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaz22 wrote: »
    Another fine episode. Seriously the consistency of this show has to be admired. Almost four full seasons of quality entertainment. I like the way this episode concentrated on the Machine and Samaritan. I enjoyed the flashbacks as well. It gave the machine even more character.
    Plus the bit with Harold being the key ingredient that stops the Machine becoming Samaritan like was kinda woh!! :o:):cool:
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

ISTR Shaw enjoying life with a gentleman caller, or is that just my fevered imagination? Who knows, perhaps she swings both ways. Setting up a lesbianarium with Root would be cool. ;-)