Options

Banshee S3 starts 9th Jan (spoilers in tags)

BigPatBigPat Posts: 160
Forum Member
Looks like it's Hood v Chayton v Kai and Rebecca. I can't wait!

Trailer

Comments

• Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A hugely underrated show, which I assume is due to the channel it's on.

It would benefit from moving away from Hood getting the shit kicked out of him by the big bastard of the week before ultimately prevailing though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A hugely underrated show, which I assume is due to the channel it's on.

It would benefit from moving away from Hood getting the shit kicked out of him by the big bastard of the week before ultimately prevailing though.

But that's exactly why I watch it!
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on a Sky airdate?
  • Options
    AnneUKAnneUK Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They made us wait until it had finished in the US for season 2, if that's of any relevance. Probably cheaper that way.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    BigPat wrote: »
    But that's exactly why I watch it!

Me too, I think Hood likes a beating, it gets him motivated to kick more ass, he enjoys it his version of an adrenaline junkie.

Am glad Dava knows the truth, should be interesting...hope she gives him a chance

There's going to be shit over Emmett I'm sure, but he had crossed state lines iirc so not sure if they will find out immediately, as should be a different sheriffs department...not sure how it works in the US really. Do you think we will get a new deputy?

Hoping Job is used more this season.

Rebecca and Kai well not sure what I even want to happen there lol
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pumped for it.

Hope Hood & Carrie don't get involved and try to play happy family with Deva. Despite loving how it would rile up the Husband. Ah, he makes me laugh...

Also looking forward to Nola returning and getting some character development.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I'm pumped for it.

Hope Hood & Carrie don't get involved and try to play happy family with Deva. Despite loving how it would rile up the Husband. Ah, he makes me laugh...

Also looking forward to Nola returning and getting some character development.

I don't think happy families is on the cards not just yet anyhow, if there was just Dava maybe but because she has Max it wont be as easy. I love their relationship though and when they go on jobs together they are bonded in such a way that it creates great angst with Gordon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, it's back! Two new characters, and Brock's joined the bang brigade. Who's next? Job? Sugar?

Kai and Rebecca? Eww...
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a good opener. Loved Job's money going up in smoke and having to come back "I hate you"!:D Also Hood and Deva are starting to have a bit of a relationship which is nice. Rebecca and Proctor jeez I hope not!:o. And what about the reservation guy? Pretty intense.:o
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^why didn't they give us a x2 ep opener like wot other series do, dammit. >:(

Wonder if Deeks and Kensie will turn up part of the NCIS task force assigned to solve the "thing". :p

as for K+R I'm sure it was innocent 'n stuff. :blush: Either way "Psycho with the glasses" didn't look too pleased.
  • Options
    BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Wow what a episode, more action in one episode than most hollywood movies have.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like this can be used as the US pace thread as no one has started another one so can we please have spoilers in tags. I will message the mods to modify the thread title if everyone's agreeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it starting soon UK wise then ?! (yes I know google is my friend but I'm being lazy :) )
  • Options
    TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    A bit late, I only just realised it was back but check out the Banshee origins vids on Youtube on the Cinemax channel. Pretty good.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode. But I have 1 question.
    Who was at the door when hood opened it at the end? Does anyone else think it could have been the nani racist who wanted a job?
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode. But I have 1 question.
    Who was at the door when hood opened it at the end? Does anyone else think it could have been the nani racist who wanted a job?

Or maybe the Colonel, after having seen Hood leave her car.
  • Options
    rkolsenrkolsen Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Or maybe the Colonel, after having seen Hood leave her car.

He's definitely a ticking time bomb based on his reaction to
    the soldier who stole the $30K.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Episode 3.

Wow. Just wow.

Minor gripe: And the award for least convincing make-up goes to...the guy in the fat suit!
    A minor quibble, though, in an amazing episode; pure overkill.
  • Options
    rkolsenrkolsen Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Episode 3.

Wow. Just wow.

Minor gripe: And the award for least convincing make-up goes to...the guy in the fat suit!
    A minor quibble, though, in an amazing episode; pure overkill.

Agreed. I was a bit disappointed there was no Carrie/Ana and Rebecca in this episode.
    I wonder what's going to happen with Lucas and Siobhan now that she knows his secret.

That scene with Nola and Burton was something else. My minor gripe was how easily the Rolls Royce Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament came off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rkolsen wrote: »
    I wonder what's going to happen with Lucas and Siobhan now that she knows his secret.

That scene with Nola and Burton was something else. My minor gripe was how easily the Rolls Royce Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament came off.
    You're OK with a guy taking an axe to the breastplate and carrying on like nothing happened, but took offence at a Roller's hood ornament came away? I like your priorities! :)

I'm going to miss Nola, but Burton seems superhuman. Should the day arrive when he and Hood square off, presumably it will take the entire episode as both seem immortal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the above quibble but luckily that ain't gonna carry forward into the next ep.
    And as for the first tussle - must admit to shielding my eyes for the end "withdrawal" which they drew out for iirc about 27mins, it was a bit too much even for me.
    - when is someone gonna change the thread title to US pace, darn it. :p
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an absolute brilliant episode. Every minute from start to finish was brilliant.
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's Hood v Chayton v Kai and Rebecca. I can't wait!

Trailer

You had me leaping up off the sofa in panic, waving my sky remote at the tv and frantically typing Banshee into the search box, thinking I had missed 3 episodes, you tease! ;-)

Looking forward to season 3 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to season 3 :D
    So you're the uk-pacer we're protecting by spoiler-tagging everything ?! :D...... you're welcome. :)
    And I'm saying nothing about s3 outside the tags cos I rock. :cool:
    Won't even mention
    the spaceship, the musical ep, the animated ep, the crossover with NCISLA and the penguins
    not even in jest.
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    So you're the uk-pacer we're protecting by spoiler-tagging everything ?! :D...... you're welcome. :)
    And I'm saying nothing about s3 outside the tags cos I rock. :cool:
    Won't even mention
    the spaceship, the musical ep, the animated ep, the crossover with NCISLA and the penguins
    not even in jest.

That's me! Thank you :)

I gave up what I call "dodgy streaming" of shows that I couldn't wait for, because I needed some sort of spreadsheet going on to keep track of which episode I was up to with which show etc! It all got v confusing.

Now I just wait (not so patiently) for them to come here and reserve the "dodgy streaming" for things that don't get a UK broadcaster.

I love Banshee though. Has the Justified feel to it, which will always be a winner for me!