EastEnders - Did anyone else cringe when Elaine started singing?

Comments

• MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I really liked it. It was romantic without over-doing it, and I loved the lighting and camera motions! All of the storylines continued at the same time - it was effective.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    and we had Linda involved in Sharon's story.

Must admit that really p*ssed me off too.>:(
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    I cringed, yes. I also cringe at her inappropriate behaviour with Mick. Nauseating.

You'd think it was their engagement party, the way they go on!:D.
  • GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I thought it was a massive cringe!

It felt very Loraine Newman!:p.

No. I have a video (yes, I'm old), of Joseph and his amazing technicolour dream coat, (musical); she is the narrator and sings quite a lot.
    I thought it was nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know right! They really should of replaced it with a dramatic Kat or Ronnie moment.
  • West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An enjoyable episode to end the week. I am glad we are getting back to normal now after anniversary week and all that jazz.

Sharon was great tonight, good scenes with Linda and Sharon. I loved Elaine in tonight's ep. We all know Maria is a the first lady of the West End and credit to her for singing in character as Elaine and not as Maria Friedman.

p.s it was meant to be cringy :D
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I hope there is a trailer for Mick and Linda's wedding so I know when NOT to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there is a trailer for Mick and Linda's wedding so I know when NOT to watch.

Count me in on that too. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I much prefer Whitney and Lee as a couple to Linda and Mick. Whitney and Lee are a nice couple that have natural chemistry together and unlike when it comes to Mick and Linda, I don't feel the urge to switch off whenever they come onscreen.

Mick and Linda are by far the show's most sickening pairing.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    This was one of the worst of DTC's Eastenders so far. Other than Lola blowing Jay out and the police coming in about Dean
    who I think is found in a burned out car
    and Linda pretending to phone Dean I found the whole episode annoying and boring. The singing from Elaine with Linda and Mick dancing was cringeworthy. They just put on karaoke for themselves is right. What about the customers? I agree with the poster who said Mick's behaviour with Elaine is a bit weird, the way he kisses her on the lips and smacks her bum. There's no way I'd have that between my partner and my mum! Also there was far too much Sharon! I didn't enjoy this episode at all. :(
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her. She almost beats Sharon's campness 💅
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can just imagine it now!-_-

It's going to be so OTT and it will be the 'Biggest and best wedding Walford has ever seen'

No, just no!
    Forum Member

It's going to be so OTT and it will be the 'Biggest and best wedding Walford has ever seen'

No, just no!

It will be nauseating. There will be singing and Sharon will be matron of honour in yet another hideous dress as a bridesmaid. Mick will make sickly speeches and the shadow of
    Dean's death?
    will hang over it. That's if they get married at all. Something's bound to go wrong. I wonder if Nancy will have that strange bun in her hair while dressed as a bridesmaid? Maddy Hill can look beautiful with her hair done right with nice clothes and make up so I'm looking forward to seeing how she scrubs up!
    Forum Member

No, just no!

No doubt half of the episode will consist of a cross-eyed Mick's boiling hot breath singeing Linda's gaunt grimace while the other half is filled with musical interludes live from the pub as Elaine Peacock forces out show tune NO#2654
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit twee but kudos for trying something different. No more Carteroke though please!
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,957
    Forum Member

Don't worry there is bound to be a trailer DTC loves the Carter's and is bound to hype there wedding to death, personally think this will be when Dean returns after everyone assumes he is dead.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a bit west end for me, but I do like the character
  • andytaylor47andytaylor47 Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Elaine's singing was quite beautiful, but otherwise her character has been a bit creepy. The way she was so flirty with Mick when she popped up last night, and then was also funny about the money she needed for the tickets for the show she was going to distract Linda with.

I could see her as a permanent character as we need more older people to populate the square. She just needs toning down a touch (or five).

For the people sick of the Carter overkill, I actually liked Linda being involved in Sharon's story. I think her and Sharon are very good together, showing great chemistry. Perhaps the writers could have planned it better though so that Sharon's family storyline could have happened independently from the Carter party.
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    DTC loves the Carter's and is bound to hype there wedding to death, personally think this will be when Dean returns after everyone assumes he is dead.

Linda throws the bouquet and Dean catches it? What a duff duff! :o
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    It was a bit west end for me, but I do like the character

I thought exactly the same thing. It was also way too camp. If it carries on like that I'll be switching off. Unfortunately with all the block story lining we might get another OTT wedding week a bit like the Mitchells' wedding week with a whole week's build up before it. I do like the Carters but tonight was awful.
  • bunny93bunny93 Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I love the character but it made me cringe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt half of the episode will consist of a cross-eyed Mick's boiling hot breath singeing Linda's gaunt grimace while the other half is filled with musical interludes live from the pub as Elaine Peacock forces out show tune NO#2654

The Carter misery is boring and The Carter 'fun' is just a massive cringe. Either way they can't win IMO. People are starting to get bored of them now... I think they've been a big flop in the long run!
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GillT07 wrote: »
    No. I have a video (yes, I'm old), of Joseph and his amazing technicolour dream coat, (musical); she is the narrator and sings quite a lot.
    I thought it was nice.

Ah I came on here to say the exact thing! Both the kids piped up "that's the lady out of Joseph" when she started singing,you're not old as they have the DVD of it as they played the Musical Joseph at school so I went hunting for a copy of it for them

As for the lady that plays Linda's mum I also thought the singing was ok,and she's quite brash in Joseph as the narrator so apart from the kiss with Mick (:o:( ) I like her character ,I can imagine her to be similar in real life obviously toned down a bit!

Also can anyone tell me what happened before the duff duffs as the kids were talking???
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    It will be nauseating. There will be singing and Sharon will be matron of honour in yet another hideous dress as a bridesmaid. Mick will make sickly speeches and the shadow of
    Dean's death?
    will hang over it. That's if they get married at all. Something's bound to go wrong. I wonder if Nancy will have that strange bun in her hair while dressed as a bridesmaid? Maddy Hill can look beautiful with her hair done right with nice clothes and make up so I'm looking forward to seeing how she scrubs up!

Ugh! That sounds absolutely vile!

Linda will have a hideous pink wedding gown and she'll nag everyone until they agree to wear something equally hideous and pink, even the men.

Her mother will sing the song she just sang as Linda walks down the aisle and their reception will be at the Vic of course with a Carter-oke lock-in, Linda will 'sing' and Shirley will perform Wimoweh, Lion Sleeps Tonight and Tina will perform Sisters Are Doing For Themselves joined by Sonia.

Most of the square will be at the reception, Kat will be propping up the bar, pissed as a fart and Linda will chuck her out!

Hopefully Kat will give Linda one of her 'cake facials'!
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Carter misery is boring and The Carter 'fun' is just a massive cringe. Either way they can't win IMO. People are starting to get bored of them now... I think they've been a big flop in the long run!

Whose people?? You mean those on these forums?

As we at home watch Eastenders,neighbour does,work mates do and my friends and we all love The Carters so I am confused when I see that people are getting sick of them,
    I use Twitter also -look up the Eastenders hash tag while it's on -Mick Carter is one popular character along with Linda who I think is a wonderful character,I love them both together :)
    Forum Member

I agree.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play though, the actress can definitely sing!:p.
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Elaine is theatrical but I do like her.

Well naturally she's a west End and Broadway star in normal circumstances you would have to pay a fortune to see her sing, so you should be grateful not moaning about it.