Corrie Spoilers: All You Need To Know

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    lillabet wrote: »
    I think you'll find he did seek legal advise on doing this, before he done it, I also think that Carla will have sorted it out legally, from her end, they don't always show everything in programmes, realistically they couldn't unless it was on all day,they show what they deem to be the interesting bits,

They couldn't have sorted it if Anne is offering Carla the 40% share. It's a bit pointless to offer someone something as a bribe when they already own lol. It wouldn't surprise me if Carla didn't realise he still owned the share, she wasn't dealing with her business properly before she went to LA. And she may just assume it's all sorted. She's not the best businesswoman around.

Unless the spoiler is wrong, he must still own it. Or Anne is a moron, and she's not from what I have seen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    They couldn't have sorted it if Anne is offering Carla the 40% share. It's a bit pointless to offer someone something as a bribe when they already own lol. It wouldn't surprise me if Carla didn't realise he still owned the share, she wasn't dealing with her business properly before she went to LA. And she may just assume it's all sorted. She's not the best businesswoman around.

Unless the spoiler is wrong, he must still own it. Or Anne is a moron, and she's not from what I have seen.

Sorry where did you see the spoiler
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this confuses me.

Are him and Carla still in business together?

Because Anne took 40% of the materials & machinery from underworld, but does Frank still take 40% of underworlds profits?

Profits? Maybe she should ask him for 40% of the loss.
    Maybe legally he does still own it. Nothing was signed when Anne took the equipment, and he was entitled to take it as he technically owned it. ...........

A business is a different legal entity to its owners. I have shares in Whitbread; am I entitled to go to one of their pubs and remove a chair?

Given that the whole of that plotline was ludicrous, I don't think there's any point in arguing about it now. :)
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this confuses me.

Are him and Carla still in business together?

Because Anne took 40% of the materials & machinery from underworld, but does Frank still take 40% of underworlds profits?
    Maybe she just means he'll give it back, in a way. As far as I was aware, Frank took his 40% in the form of the machines/fabrics/client book etc (No idea about the profits side of it...) and the factory was basically running on the remaining 60% - if that's possible? Frank must've got legal advice or something beforehand, because when Carla phoned her solicitor she was told it was all above board and legal. So if Underworld has kind of been forcefully halved in terms of capital, shares etc, then Frank could "give back" the money etc that was lost? So basically he'd be giving her his shares... I dunno. You can see why I dropped out of business studies A Level!
    Sounds like a pathetic offering to me, but then the business is in dire trouble, and it wasn't long ago Carla was considering dropping the charges anyway, soo.

If I was Carla I'd question why Anne is so desperate for her to drop the charges. If Frank really was innocent, then he'd get off. As much as it might damage his reputation, if he was found innocent then it could probably be quickly salvaged. And Frank doesn't really strike me as the cracking-under-the-pressure type...
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wander what Carla will do.

As we know, Peter 'comforts' Carla after Anne proposes this, so no doubt she is upset/ emotional - does that indicate she accepts the offer and is upset because ultimately he has now won, and got away with it?
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holz_ wrote: »
    Maybe she just means he'll give it back, in a way. As far as I was aware, Frank took his 40% in the form of the machines/fabrics/client book etc (No idea about the profits side of it...) and the factory was basically running on the remaining 60% - if that's possible? Frank must've got legal advice or something beforehand, because when Carla phoned her solicitor she was told it was all above board and legal. So if Underworld has kind of been forcefully halved in terms of capital, shares etc, then Frank could "give back" the money etc that was lost? So basically he'd be giving her his shares... I dunno. You can see why I dropped out of business studies A Level!
    Sounds like a pathetic offering to me, but then the business is in dire trouble, and it wasn't long ago Carla was considering dropping the charges anyway, soo.

If I was Carla I'd question why Anne is so desperate for her to drop the charges. If Frank really was innocent, then he'd get off. As much as it might damage his reputation, if he was found innocent then it could probably be quickly salvaged. And Frank doesn't really strike me as the cracking-under-the-pressure type...
    - perhaps he knows about Carla and Peter, so is being "nice" in getting his mother to persuade her to drop the charges, otherwise Carla and Peter's relationship would be used in the trial.
    (Sorry, bad grammar.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I assumed that Frank still owned part of Underworld because although he took some of the machines/materials etc, I thought that was different to actually signing over or selling his share in the business. I really do know nothing about businesses and how they work though so I'm probably completely wrong!

I think Anne knows deep down that Frank did rape Carla. Wasn't there a scene a while back where she almost asked him and he went a little bit mental at her so she backed down? I think she's not certain that Frank would win the case so going to Carla to try and get her to drop the charges seems like the best way to keep her son out of jail.

As for Becky and Tracy, I hope the truth doesn't take too long to come out. I really like Becky although she has done a lot of dodgy things! I don't want people to think that she deliberately hurt Tracy and killed the babies out of jealousy or spite. If anything, I just want to see Tracy get her comeuppance. I don't like her at all!
  • NPPNPP Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 1 Spoilers:

EP: 7770 Monday 02 Jan 2012 19:30

Will Carla’s hatred for Frank cloud her judgement?
    Amber’s visit riles a dejected Sophie.
    And Tina is furious when she is suspected of theft.

EP: 7771 Monday 02 Jan 2012 20:30

Will Sally respond to Frank’s advances?
    Eileen’s attempt at speed dating takes a disastrous turn.
    And Dev demands answers from Sunita.

EP: 7772 Thursday 05 Jan 2012 20:30

Sally’s loyalty takes Frank by surprise.
    Eileen puts her heart on the line but will Paul respond?
    And Tyrone is worried about the effect of his relationship.

EP: 7773 Friday 06 Jan 2012 19:30

Kevin is left stunned by news of Sally and Frank.
    Rita is caught in the crossfire between Tina and Kirsty.
    And Carla and Peter profess their love but will it be enough?

EP: 7774 Friday 06 Jan 2012 20:30

Rosie pleads with Sally but will she listen?
    Stella grows suspicions of Peter and Carla
    And Eileen and Paul face up to the reality of their relationship.

• madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you posting!

I don't think you need to use the spoiler cover up thing though as this is a spoiler thread :)
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rionadh wrote: »
    ............. I really do know nothing about businesses and how they work though so I'm probably completely wrong!

I wouldn't worry about it ....neither do the writers. :D
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    New Spoilers:

God this Tina/Kirsty stuff was boring the first time. Not more of this dross. I hope it ends with them both falling from a high cliff.

Amber...should leave well alone. Its really neither her problem nor her business.

Poor Sally, I always feel sorry for her. Every time we see Sally trying to better herself or improve her lot in life, she gets slapped down. See what a bit of ambition will do to you on Corrie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Spoilers:

God this Tina/Kirsty stuff was boring the first time. Not more of this dross. I hope it ends with them both falling from a high cliff.

Amber...should leave well alone. Its really neither her problem nor her business.

Poor Sally, I always feel sorry for her. Every time we see Sally trying to better herself or improve her lot in life, she gets slapped down. See what a bit of ambition will do to you on Corrie.

Yeah but it's fun watching her fail :D

It's not so much that she wants to better herself, rather she already thinks she's better.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Spoilers:

I don't. Whenever Sally is trying to better herself, she does it at the expense of others and becomes a right nasty piece of work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it ....neither do the writers. :D

Haha, you're probably right! I'm actually glad that I don't know much about it because it makes it easier just to believe what you're being told on screen! :p

I agree with the above post aswell. I don't there's anything wrong in Sally trying to improve her life or better herself but when she does it at the expense of others or to look down on others then that's where it becomes a problem. She's a character that I have never warmed to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/picturepreviews/monday12dec-friday16dec/
    Becky shakes hands with Danny but will there be more than business between them?:)
  • Eden11Eden11 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Just wondering if there is anything coming up with Izzy and Gary. I'm sure I saw a picture of them somewhere but I don't think I have come across any spoilers. I miss Gary.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to seeing how Eileen and Paul's relationship develops throughout 2012. Along with Peter/ Carla, Frank/ Sally, I'm really liking Corrie right now.:)
    Forum Member
    Eden11 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is anything coming up with Izzy and Gary. I'm sure I saw a picture of them somewhere but I don't think I have come across any spoilers. I miss Gary.

I am sure it mentioned something about Izzy/Gary/Will. I suspect Izzy will start dating Will, and Gary will get jealous. I want them back together :cry: They were a really good couple.
  • Eden11Eden11 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Thanks Kitty, yeah I can see that happening. I like them together too but I'm glad they did not rush things and put them back together right away after everything that has happened. Gary has to be one of the best out of the younger characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/picturepreviews/monday12dec-friday16dec/
    Becky shakes hands with Danny but will there be more than business between them?:)
    - I am looking forward to her happy ending.
  • DaZ_yUv_XDaZ_yUv_X Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure it mentioned something about Izzy/Gary/Will. I suspect Izzy will start dating Will, and Gary will get jealous. I want them back together :cry: They were a really good couple.

i'm sure there's something in inside soap about gary/izzy. They were kissing :)
    Forum Member
    DaZ_yUv_X wrote: »
    i'm sure there's something in inside soap about gary/izzy. They were kissing :)

Really?!! :D I hope that means they're back together, and Owen stays out of it.
  • DaZ_yUv_XDaZ_yUv_X Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?!! :D I hope that means they're back together, and Owen stays out of it.

yeah i just quickly checked again.. izzy kisses gary after possibly giving into her feelings for him :)
    she'll probably realise he's jealous about will and then, to reassure him, she kisses him :)

i like owen, and the way he helped gary after his breakdown instead of kicking his head in.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I really like the Gary Izzy storyline and i like that its been a slow burner, and that Izzy has waited and allowed Gary to properly get the help he needs - she's kept her distace and Gary has respected her decision.

Interesting to see Will back on the hen night, guessing he's going to be in more upcoming months, so perhaps their relationship will come back into the foreground.

And if Owen is round at Anna's, and if Katy and Chesney are too (although maybe not because of fiz), Izzy might be there and all, with Gary which would be interesting to see.
    Forum Member
    DaZ_yUv_X wrote: »
    yeah i just quickly checked again.. izzy kisses gary after possibly giving into her feelings for him :)
    she'll probably realise he's jealous about will and then, to reassure him, she kisses him :)

i like owen, and the way he helped gary after his breakdown instead of kicking his head in.

Will needs to go away. Gary and Izzy have good onscreen chemistry.

I didn't like how Owen looked at Gary when he went with Izzy to the rememberence.