Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I don't think it can help that Emma is sleeping in the room as well!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it can help that Emma is sleeping in the room as well!
    Yes, it's never been explained to me in any satisfactory way why an adult daughter is sharing her parent's bedroom. It's very bizarre!
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a lighter note...

Well, "lighter" is not exactly the right word, and this link is definitely NSFW if you share a cubicle with someone, but it does seem to prove that Audrey is capable of having a shower, thank you very much.

Oh that is just wrong....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    I agree, I know I'm retired and don't move as fast as I did, but if I don't get out to walk the dogs or go to the gym,, or even just go to the shops, I feel sluggish and horrible. And if I sit down in front of the tv during the day I go to sleep, So I try to keep myself as busy as I can, after all there's always something to do in the house to keep you occupied. ,With four of them there the place should be spotless!
    I'm in the same boat, but I've so many hobbies that the evening comes round and I wonder where the day goes. I've been retired for yonks as I developed Cushings after years of steroids for debilitating asthma.(there were no nebulisers when I was at my
    worst, you got rushed into hospital, stuck on a steroid drip, oral steroids and "bingo" all the side effects that go with it.)

Aud does have a steroid face and exercise induced asthma could really hurt her. But a lot less than the weight she's carrying. However, when I had to leave school because I had spent so long in hospital, the Government found you a job, you were classified as "disabled" and had appropriate work. You couldn't lose your job and there was no fuss about being sick and taking time off, but I think it's way better than IB, which I did eventually end up on. It established the work ethic, got you into a routine etc, and the minute I passed a medical I achieved my childhood dream of being a teacher.It's a real shame that that system couldn't be in place today.
    Simi89 wrote: »
    I have severe asthma (brittle, life threatening depending on which label they feeling like using) the main problem for me is I am highly atopic and prone to serious exacerbations but I was refused DLA and haven't tried applying for it again despite being admitted 9 times with life threatening asthma attacks last year alone so I gather Audrey's asthma is quite severe. From looking at Audrey I think she has a huge problem with exercise tolerance due to her weight which gives rise to exercise induced asthma, losing weight should make a huge difference to her asthma additionally I know we joke about lack of housework but if she is allergic to house dust mites then that may also be contributing significantly to her symptoms.

I'm really sorry to hear that Simi. If it's any consolation, mine has improved tremendously in recent years. It came on at puberty so by menopause it sort of left, although I didn't realise just how much better I was until I realised I was hardly using my nebuliser. Nowadays I hardly ever wheeze. :) I just cant get off steroids though. :(
    Getting my dog(s) was the best thing I ever did, because unlike Jenny he needed a lot of walking. It gradually made me a lot fitter, although there's still an awful long way between me and fitness.
    But that house could be lethal if she's allergic to dustmites. I've ended up rushed to hospital because someone thought it was funny to shake a duster at me.
    I wonder if that's why she does no housework? The rest of the family are so vile to her, justifiably so at times, that they wouldn't realise keeping the house clean was essential.

I'm not even going to start on Emma being an asthmatic and a smoker :rolleyes: The intelligence obviously isn't there for her to realise that nothing could be worse for her than her morbid obesity and smoking. She doesn't take any responsibility for herself and she's been babied all her life. :mad:

:o:o Oops, this post seems to be the travails of Tally, which is daft because I'm as happy as Larry and, though not rich by any stretch of the imagination, my life is full and my house is clean :p...it's a state of mind I think. It's very easy to sit down, become depressed and give up. And boy, has Audrey given up!
    I apologise for the self indulgence of this post, but it is possible to be a contributing member of society even if you have Aud's condition.I did voluntary work when I took early retirement. It was vital to my self esteem.

lexi22 wrote: »
    Actually, it was all the other posters here who made the thread so funny. You were instrumental in it but only a small part. And everyone else delivered except you. You turned into a bit of a damp squib, Calebolly. Shame :( you let yourself down, and you were doing so well up to the imaginary transcript. ;)
    Absolutely agree with every word lexi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw Tally - just goes to show that even with multiple health problems, it's possible to lead a happy and fulfilling life.:)

The Chawners are interesting from a psychosocial perspective, if nothing else - the daughters are oblivious to the fact that the way their parents are living is detrimental to them, and that they SHOULD take charge of their own lives and make an effort to make some positive changes, so they don't end up the same way.
    Sadly, all the Big Fat Challenge has done is confirm to them they are valid micro-celebrities and has done absolutely nothing about making them accept anything other than a life of indolence and ill-health.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, but I've so many hobbies that the evening comes round and I wonder where the day goes. I've been retired for yonks as I developed Cushings after years of steroids for debilitating asthma.(there were no nebulisers when I was at my
    worst, you got rushed into hospital, stuck on a steroid drip, oral steroids and "bingo" all the side effects that go with it.)

Aud does have a steroid face and exercise induced asthma could really hurt her. But a lot less than the weight she's carrying. However, when I had to leave school because I had spent so long in hospital, the Government found you a job, you were classified as "disabled" and had appropriate work. You couldn't lose your job and there was no fuss about being sick and taking time off, but I think it's way better than IB, which I did eventually end up on. It established the work ethic, got you into a routine etc, and the minute I passed a medical I achieved my childhood dream of being a teacher.It's a real shame that that system couldn't be in place today.

I'm reall
    y sorry to hear that Simi. If it's any consolation, mine has improved tremendously in recent years. It came on at puberty so by menopause it sort of left, although I didn't realise just how much better I was until I realised I was hardly using my nebuliser. Nowadays I hardly ever wheeze. :) I just cant get off steroids though. :(
    Getting my dog(s) was the best thing I ever did, because unlike Jenny he needed a lot of walking. It gradually made me a lot fitter, although there's still an awful long way between me and fitness.
    But that house could be lethal if she's allergic to dustmites. I've ended up rushed to hospital because someone thought it was funny to shake a duster at me.
    I wonder if that's why she does no housework? The rest of the family are so vile to her, justifiably so at times, that they wouldn't realise keeping the house clean was essential.

I'm not even going to start on Emma being an asthmatic and a smoker :rolleyes: The intelligence obviously isn't there for her to realise that nothing could be worse for her than her morbid obesity and smoking. She doesn't take any responsibility for herself and she's been babied all her life. :mad:

:o:o Oops, this post seems to be the travails of Tally, which is daft because I'm as happy as Larry and, though not rich by any stretch of the imagination, my life is full and my house is clean :p...it's a state of mind I think. It's very easy to sit down, become depressed and give up. And boy, has Audrey given up!
    I apologise for the self indulgence of this post, but it is possible to be a contributing member of society even if you have Aud's condition.I did voluntary work when I took early retirement. It was vital to my self esteem.

Absolutely agree with every word lexi.

I'm glad to hear your asthma's getting so much bette
    r, its so scary because years ago before I got bad I t
    hought a nebuliser would sort me out but in the last 7 years I've ended up needing intravenous drips, oxygen and ending up unconscious more times than I can remember. I have a home nebuliser but it doesn't keep me out of hospital which is gutting. :( I cannot believe how stupid emma is - does she actually want to end up like her mum?! Smoking also won't be good if she is actually serious about being a singer. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D YEAH! Time for Strop Central.

Only 2 more weeks to go isn't there? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooh BFC is beginning - Audrey's gained weight, Sam's poorly, Phil's grimly predicting she'll end up like him and Emma, star of the show, is as petulant as ever.

Nice close-up of the rubbish strewn all over the front room as well - WHY don't they tidy up?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D YEAH! Time for Strop Central.

Only 2 more weeks to go isn't there? :(
    2 more weeks and no change - how can they even think they'll get a third series?
    I love the theme tune though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Blimey. Just been reading DigiGuide during the adverts. Dont read if you dont want future happenings spoiled
    Sam gets a boyfriend by the last episode which causes ructions. :eek::eek:

:D LOL @ Aud and her "Deidre Barlow" hairdo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Blimey. Just been reading DigiGuide during the adverts. Dont read if you dont want future happenings spoiled
    Sam gets a boyfriend by the last episode which causes ructions. :eek::eek:

:D LOL @ Aud and her "Deidre Barlow" hairdo
    Wow. I read the spoiler:o Good for her though!!
    Why the flippin' heck are this family so reliant on each other? I can't understand why the daughters show no inclination to leave the parental home, surely that's not normal?
    My oldest daughter is 18 and couldn't wait to up sticks and go travelling for a year before uni, my sons were the same, and my 16 year old spends more time out of the house with her friends that in it, slumped on the sofa, eating sausages and watching TV with me and the OH:(.
    Where are their school friends and college friends?:confused:
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 more weeks and no change - how can they even think they'll get a third series?
    I love the theme tune though!

"Feed me feed me feed me till im...fit to burst!!!
    :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Feed me feed me feed me till im...fit to burst!!!
    :D:D:D
    I know, so funny - and they animated their stomachs to jiggle along with the music.
    Quite a sad episode tonight, once again I find myself gob-smacked by their sheer nastiness to each other, and feel so blessed by my own nearest and dearest - that sounds so cheesy but hey:o
    They are a truly awful family - I know Calebolly has flounced off in a tantrum now but I would love to know where he got the idea that ANY of them were endearing and loveable?:eek:
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam gets a boyfriend? Well it could only be calebolly, I've never seen such a sulky face on anyone in all my life.
    Emma is turning into Aud facially.
    Phil's 'singing' was ummm .... rather unpleasant
    Why does Lorraine Kelly say everything is 'really really' whatever it is.
    You did really really well
    that's really really great
    I'm really really proud of you
    You're still really really fat
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam gets a boyfriend? Well it could only be calebolly, I've never seen such a sulky face on anyone in all my life.
    Emma is turning into Aud facially.
    Phil's 'singing' was ummm .... rather unpleasant
    Why does Lorraine Kelly say everything is 'really really' whatever it is.
    You did really really well
    that's really really great
    I'm really really proud of you
    You're still really really fat

:D:D
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, I missed so much having to work at work again (damn you end of the month madness.... :mad: )

So Calebolly has flounced off (maybe forever) again. He really was getting boring - it comes to something when you know he's going to compare Emma to some skinny celeb. ;)

Alfie - can't wait to read what you've come up with for the transcript - I mean after you've spoken to Audrey and got her OK on the whole thing! :D

Congrats to everyone on doing something to improve their quality of life - my mum got a dog a few years ago to get her moving - she's got arthritis all over and had to be medically retired. Since getting the dog she walks for miles some days, something we never thought was possible. She was told she'd be in a wheelchair at 45, she's now 60 and enjoying proving her doctor wrong :p

I read the spoiler - oooh, that sounds good - maybe a way to get a cliff hanger to try to get another series? Or am I being cynical?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just someone to take over sausage cooking when Phil is no longer capable
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »
    I read the spoiler - oooh, that sounds good - maybe a way to get a cliff hanger to try to get another series? Or am I being cynical?

I think that I'd like to see a spin-off series where Samantha moves out and goes it alone, trying to make a proper life for herself.

Emma would probably kill her though, for stealing her limelight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a family :rolleyes: So much hate and negativity.

I was quite impressed with Em at boot camp. It's a pity they're adults, I'd have reported Aud and Phil to the authorities for Child Abuse otherwise. Those girls need to be seperated from their parents and each other to even begin any change. :( It's not going to happen is it?

The one person who I liked at the start of the first series is now the one I cant stand. Take a bow Philip. What a spineless, whinging pathetic excuse for a man you are. My dislike started after you threw an almighty tantrum when the girls went to France and you didn't. Diddums. :mad:

Sam was no better, but you learn what you live. I agree with you alfie, where's the friends? where's any outside interaction?

:eek: And the appearance of a grandchild-and the estranged son. I want to know more. Start sleuthing alfie et al. Is it Robert or Christopher. How come Dan and LK didn't know? Do they do any research before they unleash the hell of Chawnerville on us?

Their level of ignorance never ceases to amaze me. Audrey who couldn't see the corollation between her weight and dangerously high blood pressure while Mr Sausage gleefully reels off all the terrible things she's going to experience. You absolutely couldn't make this up.

As alfie has said, it's so sad, but really annoying too. I want to shake them until they rattle. :p but physically I haven't a hope in hell of being able to do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that I'd like to see a spin-off series where Samantha moves out and goes it alone, trying to make a proper life for herself.

Emma would probably kill her though, for stealing her limelight.

Goodness me no, don't let this horrendous set of people have any more air time. She cuts hair, other than that she has no more redeeming qualities than the other three. The sooner they're forgotten about the better. I'm sure Lorraine Kelly could find an equally fat family to waste time on. Maybe even a family who WANT to take advantage of the help they've been offered and that are entertaining and likeable.
    This family just don't have what it takes to win public support, because there isn't one of them that comes across as nice, or cheerful or positive. Or remotely grateful.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This family just don't have what it takes to win public support, because there isn't one of them that comes across as nice, or cheerful or positive. Or remotely grateful.

You've just hit the nail on the head there.
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness me no, don't let this horrendous set of people have any more air time. She cuts hair, other than that she has no more redeeming qualities than the other three. The sooner they're forgotten about the better. I'm sure Lorraine Kelly could find an equally fat family to waste time on. Maybe even a family who WANT to take advantage of the help they've been offered and that are entertaining and likeable.

Too right.

I reckon they've stayed fat in the hope that there'll be more programmes made about them. It's backfired on them though, as instead of the programme makers wanting more, they won't want them at all for the sole reason they've done sod all about their weight.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stand out moments for me tonight:

Audrey talking about her hospital experience - basically it revolved around food, food and more food :D And the fact that she's bewildered why her weight pushes up her blood pressure! Can anyone really be so dim?

Samantha being really nasty to Emma - just goes to show it's a two way street and they're as bad as each other.

Emma being brilliant at Boot Camp! :) Who'd have thought? Separate them all at once! Pity about the nasty, jealous and spiteful texts off Sam :mad: However, how the hell did she put on 4lbs after all that? Something tells me they aren't telling the truth and are stuffing their faces with sausages, crisps and chocolate when the camera isn't there.

And the karaoke - at last we find out where Emma's, er, talent comes from! Yes, she sings like Daddy! :D

Oh, and almost seeing everything Audrey has if they hadn't pixelated it :eek::eek:

I'd say roll on next week but I'm away for a couple of weeks now and am going to have to wait to see the last episodes til I get back! I shall be sure to throw an Emma sized tantrum about this situation ......

(and thanks alfie for ansering my medical query earlier :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Stand out moments for me tonight:

Audrey talking about her hospital experience - basically it revolved around food, food and more food :D And the fact that she's bewildered why her weight pushes up her blood pressure! Can anyone really be so dim?

Samantha being really nasty to Emma - just goes to show it's a two way street and they're as bad as each other.

Emma being brilliant at Boot Camp! :) Who'd have thought? Separate them all at once! Pity about the nasty, jealous and spiteful texts off Sam :mad: However, how the hell did she put on 4lbs after all that? Something tells me they aren't telling the truth and are stuffing their faces with sausages, crisps and chocolate when the camera isn't there.

And the karaoke - at last we find out where Emma's, er, talent comes from! Yes, she sings like Daddy! :D

Oh, and almost seeing everything Audrey has if they hadn't pixelated it :eek::eek:

I'd say roll on next week but I'm away for a couple of weeks now and am going to have to wait to see the last episodes til I get back! I shall be sure to throw an Emma sized tantrum about this situation ......

(and thanks alfie for ansering my medical query earlier :))

I wonder if they had enough pixels or if they had to run around begging for some additional ones to cover the ummmm ... rather expansive region
  • mich_izzlemich_izzle Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you put your right sausage in
    your right sausage out
    in out in out and throw it all about
    you do the chawner kokey and turn about
    thats what its all about
    ohhhhhh chawner chawner sausage
    ohhhhh chawner chawner sausage
    OHHHHHHHHHH chawner chawner sausage
    knees in knees out YUM YUM YUM