Blackberry repair. Who do I call?

lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there.

I fairly recently bought myself the Blackberry Bold 9780 from Amazon. I got it sim free, then just put my vodaphone contract sim-card in and added BB Services to my contract.

After not long at all (about 3-4 months) I suddenly developed a problem where my screen doesn't work, it goes blank, then slowly fades to a white screen. As far as I can tell most other featues seem to still work (ie: my alarm clock that was set before the problem still goes off, still recieve texts etc) but obviously none of that is any good without the screen.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Also, and this is my main concern, as the phone is still under warranty (and this is very definantly a fault with the phone, rather than mis-care from me) I presumed i would go straight to Blackberry. After searching for ages for a phone number, I called an 0800 number i found, got through the stupid "if you would like blah blah press 1" bit, and got through to an American women (is there UK call center in America? :confused: ) who told me to contact my carrier. I told her that they (Vodaphone) hadn't sold me the phone, and that I had bought it sim-free, and she told me there was nothing she could do and to contact them anyway. :confused:

Im rubbish on the phone and sort of went "oh okay then, thanks" and hung up, but then sat and thought about it for a second, and it seems ridiculous. If Blackberry have made a faulty phone, then surely it is down to them to fix/replace it? Or should I contact Amazon who i brought it from?

Really not sure who im supposed to be calling but any help (particularly any direct phone numbers) would be very helpful.

Comments

• danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you buy directly from Amazon or was it a seller selling on Amazon?
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danleto wrote: »
    Did you buy directly from Amazon or was it a seller selling on Amazon?

Directly from Amazon :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You contact Amazon. I had a faulty blu-ray player, contacted Amazon and they replaced it. Amazon are really good with replacing faulty goods, just give them an email. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosaliee wrote: »
    You contact Amazon. I had a faulty blu-ray player, contacted Amazon and they replaced it. Amazon are really good with replacing faulty goods, just give them an email. :)

Awesome, il give that a go, thanks very much :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help, Amazon are sending me a brand-new one no questions asked :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, Amazon are sending me a brand-new one no questions asked :D

In the space of an hour roughly. Good job Amazon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i9100 wrote: »
    In the space of an hour roughly. Good job Amazon.

Yep definantly well done Amazon. Had an email from them about 20 minutes after emailing them, no questions, just an apology for the faulty product and that I would be recieving a new one free of charge.

They've even said they will reimburse the cost of me posting the faulty one to them. Can't ask for more than that :)